Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

And now for something different ......

Accrington Stanley Win
36%
Ipswich Town Win
43%
Replay
21%

Total votes: 14

derick_ipsw

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Anyone seen a live stream for this one?
Good job you are not watching 30 minutes gone we have had no shots at all. They have had 6 with 2 on target and 3 corners. We are officially sh*te.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Can’t believe I’d no idea today was Saturday !.....I guess that’s what happens when get to 68 !

Hoping for a win but for the first time not really bothered and would much prefer a miracle survival in the Championship.

That said I don’t think a defeat would help our cause, so i’ll go for a 0-0 draw with Town to win a replay at Portman Road.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Yep Derick, those first half stats so far on the Sky App are quite depressing.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Lucky to not be losing and to have 11 men on the pitch!

Deary me!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Depressing and shameful, for those who think we will bounce back please watch this f**king sh*t. We will be lucky to survive in league one based on that first half. Downes should be off.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

I don’t think i’ve ever felt more depressed about our football club, can this really get any worse ?

It sounds like we’re there for the taking today by Accrington f*ck’in Stanley, I really don’t believe this !

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Crowd - 2,869 (1,224 away)

Impressive turnout by the Tractor Boys and Girls

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Question: If Sears & Jackson are replaced by Harrison & Keane, who would get the captain's armband?

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:13 pm

We haven't won an FA cup game in living memory ;) Why should today be any different.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:10 pm
Question: If Sears & Jackson are replaced by Harrison & Keane, who would get the captain's armband?
Bart??

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Oh joy :roll:

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm

sh*t

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm

It was heading that way.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Pathetic. Seriously, just when you think it can’t get any more embarrassing

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:41 pm

That Freddie Sears needs to start taking at least half of the chances he gets. Fk sake man.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Oh No !

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 pm

That’s it...... f**king dreadful

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Another disappointment. What a time to be a town fan 🙁

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

The season just keeps on getting worse and worse.

Hurst was a disastrous appointment but, in all seriousness at this point, can we say there has been any improvement since PL has come in? There was an initial pick up in energy that always seems to happen when a club gets a new manager, but that has long since gone.

Trying to play a more attractive style of football is all very well but if the players aren't up to it then you need to cut your cloth to suit your measure. That's what McCarthy did and he kept us afloat for years. Without that pragmatism we are sinking like a stone. I hated the football we played then but I'd take it now if it meant we could survive this season. So depressed!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

That was f**king shameful, if that is giving their all they can all f*ck off. Show the commitment I show you cnuts. Bishop was superb the rest are a disgrace to the shirt.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 pm

sorry thats it for me, i am seriously starting to wonder if PL knows what he is f**king doing. We need a goal so he takes off Jackson and puts on Keane who has not scored since god knows when. FFS this is it for me in terms of PL honeymoon period. He is another f**king idiot who along with PH and ME have totally distroyed IPSWICH TOWN FC in 2018-19. Thanks very much you 3 now f*ck off!!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm

That performance was a f****** disgrace and an insult to all us supporters who made the long trip up here.
Right from the off you could tell the players had the attitude of we don’t want to be here. If anybody thinks we are going to challenge in league 1 then you had better think again with these players we have.
As for Lambert, well I did say I had my doubts when he was appointed and so far nothing has changed my mind.

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm

JohnnyB, at least when the good times come back you will be able to proudly declare yourself a true SUPPORTER. anyone can support a winning team.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Domhide wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm
JohnnyB, at least when the good times come back you will be able to proudly declare yourself a true SUPPORTER. anyone can support a winning team.
Absolutely. And we will come back! But there’s going to have to be a major clearout first

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Think Coventry City fans said that about 30 years ago.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Hurst was a disastrous appointment but, in all seriousness at this point, can we say there has been any improvement since PL has come in? There was an initial pick up in energy that always seems to happen when a club gets a new manager, but that has long since gone.

Trying to play a more attractive style of football is all very well but if the players aren't up to it then you need to cut your cloth to suit your measure. That's what McCarthy did and he kept us afloat for years. Without that pragmatism we are sinking like a stone. I hated the football we played then but I'd take it now if it meant we could survive this season. So depressed!

Okay but lets get few things straight. We are a League 1 stroke 2 team. Why blame PL? of course things arn't going to change drastically when previous manager brought in so many league one and league two players. We are where we are and what we are.

So lets all turn on PL and start shouting for his head shall we? You honestly think any manager would do better with players we have?

Paul Hurst was a disaster, not a clue, brought in average at best players from lower leagues hoping they will all suddenly improve to Championship standards. Seriously, maybe 2 or 3 but whole team full of them!!, Come on, you bring in this number then you become what you bring in. Too many and not enough quality.

Said when all wanted MM out the grass isn't always greener. If ME brought in PL instead of PH you honestly believe he would buy players PH did? NO, of course not, so sadly we will go down. If we stay up it'll be the biggest get out of jail card ever played but i'm not going to blame PL. We did not deserve to lose against Millwall, some of the ref's decisions were strange, wrong even appalling. Saying this still the defending was poor but its not the only game i feel hard done by but at end of day go back to main point. You play league one and league two players you become that standard.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Just as an aside, how did Elder look as a player?

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm
MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Okay but lets get few things straight. We are a League 1 stroke 2 team. Why blame PL? of course things arn't going to change drastically when previous manager brought in so many league one and league two players. We are where we are and what we are.

So lets all turn on PL and start shouting for his head shall we? You honestly think any manager would do better with players we have?

Paul Hurst was a disaster, not a clue, brought in average at best players from lower leagues hoping they will all suddenly improve to Championship standards. Seriously, maybe 2 or 3 but whole team full of them!!, Come on, you bring in this number then you become what you bring in. Too many and not enough quality.

Said when all wanted MM out the grass isn't always greener. If ME brought in PL instead of PH you honestly believe he would buy players PH did? NO, of course not, so sadly we will go down. If we stay up it'll be the biggest get out of jail card ever played but i'm not going to blame PL. We did not deserve to lose against Millwall, some of the ref's decisions were strange, wrong even appalling. Saying this still the defending was poor but its not the only game i feel hard done by but at end of day go back to main point. You play league one and league two players you become that standard.
I didn't blame Lambert. I said we are sinking like a stone and that things have not improved since he took over. Those statements are simply statements of fact.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Hyper0blue

Post by Hyper0blue » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:37 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... rs-will-go wow, about time it was said. :shock:
Just a shame Evans won’t pay for replacements that will be any better than the players we already have.