Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How about a win just for a change huh??

Ipswich Win
17
89%
Rotherham Win
0
No votes
Draw
2
11%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18989
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:00 am

Strangely enough I'm not nervous at all today, I think realisation that we are going down has eased any tension for this one, a win will change nothing while a defeat just confirms what we already know. I am more stressed about events at Station Park.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 am

I have gone for a defeat in the prediction league but think we may well pinch it.
Will it change our fate ? probably not. It may well bring a small amount of hope.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 15262
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am

@ Mike, I would never have thought that you were resigned before seeing the January additions in action? Maybe at 4:45 today after witnessing possible BS!

Wouldn’t worry about Forfar.,...... their opponents today are travelling 180 miles along Postman Pat roads....... they’ll all be bus sick!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 15262
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:04 am

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 am
I have gone for a defeat in the prediction league but think we may well pinch it.
That means it’ll be a draw, Marv

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18989
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am
@ Mike, I would never have thought that you were resigned before seeing the January additions in action? Maybe at 4:45 today after witnessing possible BS!

Wouldn’t worry about Forfar.,...... their opponents today are travelling 180 miles along Postman Pat roads....... they’ll all be bus sick!
Marko, if anybody truly thinks we can make up Ten points and then still win enough games to keep out of the bottom Three they are seriously deluded, nuts even, yes the new signings are going to make a bit of a difference but it just isn't going to be enough, we will still have Spence, Sears, Chambers, Pennington, Gerken/Bart in the team, all the players that have been responsible for numerous f*ck up's.

As for the new additions, Dawkins ?? LOL, Elder ??? no better than Kenlock FFS, in fact on last week much worse. It's all pointless and too late although I concede we needed to try.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am
@ Mike, I would never have thought that you were resigned before seeing the January additions in action? Maybe at 4:45 today after witnessing possible BS!

Wouldn’t worry about Forfar.,...... their opponents today are travelling 180 miles along Postman Pat roads....... they’ll all be bus sick!
Marko, if anybody truly thinks we can make up Ten points and then still win enough games to keep out of the bottom Three they are seriously deluded, nuts even, yes the new signings are going to make a bit of a difference but it just isn't going to be enough, we will still have Spence, Sears, Chambers, Pennington, Gerken/Bart[b][/b] in the team, all the players that have been responsible for numerous f*ck up's.

As for the new additions, Dawkins ?? LOL, Elder ??? no better than Kenlock FFS, in fact on last week much worse. It's all pointless and too late although I concede we needed to try.
Even with 2 goalies playing we would not keep a clean sheet.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18989
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 am
@ Mike, I would never have thought that you were resigned before seeing the January additions in action? Maybe at 4:45 today after witnessing possible BS!

Wouldn’t worry about Forfar.,...... their opponents today are travelling 180 miles along Postman Pat roads....... they’ll all be bus sick!
Marko, if anybody truly thinks we can make up Ten points and then still win enough games to keep out of the bottom Three they are seriously deluded, nuts even, yes the new signings are going to make a bit of a difference but it just isn't going to be enough, we will still have Spence, Sears, Chambers, Pennington, Gerken/Bart[b][/b] in the team, all the players that have been responsible for numerous f*ck up's.

As for the new additions, Dawkins ?? LOL, Elder ??? no better than Kenlock FFS, in fact on last week much worse. It's all pointless and too late although I concede we needed to try.
Even with 2 goalies playing we would not keep a clean sheet.
:D

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 6901
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:22 am

No way can I see us making up the 10 point gap.
If we somehow manage to start to put some home wins together I just can't see us picking many points up away from PR. Even if the players were good enough after watching last weeks performance I seriously doubt if some have the character to get us out of our current situation.
I believe PL saw this as well and why he remarked that some of them will be shipped out.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18989
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

No Spence thank god, Quaner, Keane, Collins and Elder all start. Looks like Pennington is indeed moving to RB.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
No Spence thank god, Quaner, Keane, Collins and Elder all start. Looks like Pennington is indeed moving to RB.
Looks good to me Mike hope you see a good few goals all for Town of course.😎

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
No Spence thank god, Quaner, Keane, Collins and Elder all start. Looks like Pennington is indeed moving to RB.
Let me know when they kick off but I still feel Chambers will play right back.

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5273
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Keane!!!!!!! 1-0 :D :D

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:36 pm

It’s the start of something ...... oh yes I am deluded!!! But we live in hope and without hope we have nothing ...............

shamm
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Durban South Africa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shamm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Will Keane
1-0😊

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Will Keane? Yes he will

Magicmark
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm

How we playing? Unfortunately I'm at work.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 10972
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

On a ferry in the Bay of Biscay with only intermittent internet connection and struggling to follow the game. Just managed to log on and what a change to see Town 1-0 up, let’s hope we can extend this early in the second half to avoid the jitters if Rotherham pinch one.

Come on boys, great to see one of the new boys scoring.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 10972
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm

If the stats are anything to go by Rotherham are getting back into the game ?

shamm
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Durban South Africa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shamm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Seems like the the first 15 min of 2nd half is all pressure😢.
I hope the experienced heads can take us to a win!

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5273
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Been all Rotherham in 2nd half :(

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 10972
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Bad news from Bristol where Bolton have taken the lead 🤭

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 10972
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm
Bad news from Bristol where Bolton have taken the lead 🤭

Wow that didn’t last long 1-1 ✅

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5273
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Bristol 2-1 up now

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5273
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:45 pm

I'm not Gerken's biggest fan but he is making several superb saves!

Magicmark
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Yessssss! 3rd win of the season.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

A win is a win, hopefully that will give the guys some confidence and the players who have just joined some valuable game time. PL can work with them for a week and build on this.

I am forever the optimist 😊

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18989
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Collins you colossus !!!

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

We won which is great but hardly gives me confidence when a team as poor as Rotherham can dominate us.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm

But we won, and with half a team who have only been at the club 5 minutes. Let’s be positive and maybe they can gel over the next week or two so we can get some hope back.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Looking forward to Mike’s report. Sounds like it was not pretty but at least we defended resolutely.

As Nic says above, a win is a win and three points however they come at this stage are most most welcome. Next up two tough away games at Blackburn and Villa. Two points from these would be good I think. Any more, amazing, a sign that maybe we can do it after all.

Post Reply