Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How about a win just for a change huh??

Ipswich Win
17
89%
Rotherham Win
0
No votes
Draw
2
11%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19929
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:41 am
I think we will improve and win more games, making up the deficit may just be too much but a couple of shock wins and you just never know.
Ooooh do I see a glimmer of hope there Mikey ??? :lol:
You know what, I have woken up this morning in far more positive mood, yesterday wasnt great by any stretch but when you factor in things like players only just arriving, not having played any football, more new additions likely, players returning from injury etc then yesterday was quite an achievement to stand firm. I believe it is heavily stacked against us but this is Ipswich Town and we never give in, Lambert inspires me and you never know. I am looking forward to Blackburn already, watched some of their game last night and they ain't great either.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
Yes they stuck 2 fingers up to us season ticket holders yet again and gave away tickets for a tenner I believe.
How much does it work out per game with a season ticket?

RRanger
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by RRanger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am

Great and accurate report as usual Bluemike but I have to say that ,as a season ticket holder, who drives from West London for all the home games, I'd much rather be in the ground with 20,000+ supporters making a racket, even if it does mean £10 promotions. It has to help the team and it certainly helps the atmosphere and ,for me, gives added value to my investment.
Regarding yesterday's game I would have liked to see Bishop on in the second half when we were under the cosh as we desperately needed someone to put their foot on the ball in midfield. Also,are we the only team that invariably heads the ball to the opposition all the time. Even Rotherham seemed to be able to find their own team occasionally with headers.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:41 am
I think we will improve and win more games, making up the deficit may just be too much but a couple of shock wins and you just never know.
Ooooh do I see a glimmer of hope there Mikey ??? :lol:
You know what, I have woken up this morning in far more positive mood, yesterday wasnt great by any stretch but when you factor in things like players only just arriving, not having played any football, more new additions likely, players returning from injury etc then yesterday was quite an achievement to stand firm. I believe it is heavily stacked against us but this is Ipswich Town and we never give in, Lambert inspires me and you never know. I am looking forward to Blackburn already, watched some of their game last night and they ain't great either.
I can't understand how we manage to be so indifferent in games however, the fact that we held on to the lead under so much pressure shows great character and like you say Mike the new players have not played any games. If we beat Blackburn who knows

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19929
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am

RRanger wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am
Great and accurate report as usual Bluemike but I have to say that ,as a season ticket holder, who drives from West London for all the home games, I'd much rather be in the ground with 20,000+ supporters making a racket, even if it does mean £10 promotions. It has to help the team and it certainly helps the atmosphere and ,for me, gives added value to my investment.
Regarding yesterday's game I would have liked to see Bishop on in the second half when we were under the cosh as we desperately needed someone to put their foot on the ball in midfield. Also,are we the only team that invariably heads the ball to the opposition all the time. Even Rotherham seemed to be able to find their own team occasionally with headers.
Cheers bud, you are right with the 20+ k thing but surely a gesture of some sort in the direction of season ticket holders wouldn't go amiss once in a while? I said exactly the same thing during the second half, Bishop had to come on to hold the ball up a bit, we had lost the Midfield big time and I felt his presence would have curbed the flow of Rotherham attacks a bit, that said the ball was in the bloody air for large periods of the game.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19929
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:54 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
Yes they stuck 2 fingers up to us season ticket holders yet again and gave away tickets for a tenner I believe.
How much does it work out per game with a season ticket?
To be fair my ticket only costs £16.57 per game which is good value, it just seems at times ST holders are taken for granted.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:54 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
Yes they stuck 2 fingers up to us season ticket holders yet again and gave away tickets for a tenner I believe.
How much does it work out per game with a season ticket?
To be fair my ticket only costs £16.57 per game which is good value, it just seems at times ST holders are taken for granted.
If we go down there won't be many ST holders left. :o

User avatar
Quasar
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:22 am
Location: The Good Old Fenland
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Quasar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

i went to this game, lovely 1st half, shocking, squeeky bum time 2nd half, especially when we played "pinball!"

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16167
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:38 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm
On a ferry in the Bay of Biscay.......
Ooooo, close to having similar Saturdays, Charnwood. I was on the couch with a Box of Biscuits.

Not sure which I’d prefer most Marko 🤔
I'm hoping you'd prefer the bourbons because you ain't getting any Jammie creams!

User avatar
Quasar
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:22 am
Location: The Good Old Fenland
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Quasar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 am
Great win and also great crowd today, was there a reason for the 20k+
Tickets were £12 a seat ( any seat )
and we had 600+ Fortuna Fans.

I was at the game too and the noise was great

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Quasar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am
goldandblack wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 am
Great win and also great crowd today, was there a reason for the 20k+
Tickets were £12 a seat ( any seat )
and we had 600+ Fortuna Fans.

I was at the game too and the noise was great
yeah clubs seem to miss the big opportunity of filling grounds, creating a better atmosphere plus getting the future fans on board,
it must have put 5 to 6k on the gate. although it lost me points on the prediction league LOL.

Post Reply