No Interest In Knudsen

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23861
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:09 pm

rossi wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:10 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 am
No, and he will probably play Sunday!! :shock:
he probably will, as he's the best left back we have - not that that's saying much of course
I’d be more impressed if we actually played two up front this season!!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:03 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 pm
The difference is the others aren't trying to jump ship like a rat, he helped get us into this situation and now just want's to f*ck off, how apt nobody wants him.
I think that may well change once relegation is confirmed - we have at least one senior player who has jumped ship before when his team was relegated
""Cole Skuse has confirmed he wants to stay with Town, regardless of which league they are in next season, and is hoping good friend and team-mate Luke Chambers will also be on board.

Even if he is keen to put the emphasis on youth, manager Paul Lambert has made it clear he wants the experienced duo to be in his squad next term, but while Skuse is under contract for another year, Chambers is relying on the club to trigger the 12-month option they have on his services.

Skuse recalled how Lambert spoke in glowing terms about the pair and said: “It was flattering the way he spoke about Chambo and me in such high regard, which was obviously very, very nice, and I don’t think Chambo has made any secret of the fact that he would love to stay around the club to some degree.

“It’s something I have thought of as well. It’s a fantastic club and the infrastructure is brilliant.

“I’ve got a contract and if I’m wanted around the place I’m here. If the club want to pursue something new that’s not my decision, but I do want to be around the place.

“This is my sixth season and I’ve loved every minute of it. The family are settled here and I’m contracted to the place so I want to be around the place.

“I’m not actively looking but if someone comes to the club and offers some money for me to go elsewhere – and the club accept it – it’s kind of out of my hands.

“I’m not looking to move, I’m at Ipswich Town and I’m contracted to Ipswich Town. I feel as though I’ve got loads of football left in me but what will be, will be. It’s not something I’ve thought about and it’s not a bridge I’ve crossed just yet.”

Chambers and Skuse are so close as friends that they have already gone public with their plans to stay together when their playing days are over, the former as a manager and the latter as his assistant, but for now they want to continue their playing careers for as long as possible.

Skuse added: “We’re close and I’ve offered my services as an agent! He’s in conversation with the club and I don’t think a decision is too far away.""

Doesn't look like Skuse is planning on jumping ship.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by rossi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 am
rossi wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:03 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 pm
The difference is the others aren't trying to jump ship like a rat, he helped get us into this situation and now just want's to f*ck off, how apt nobody wants him.
I think that may well change once relegation is confirmed - we have at least one senior player who has jumped ship before when his team was relegated
""Cole Skuse has confirmed he wants to stay with Town, regardless of which league they are in next season, and is hoping good friend and team-mate Luke Chambers will also be on board.

Even if he is keen to put the emphasis on youth, manager Paul Lambert has made it clear he wants the experienced duo to be in his squad next term, but while Skuse is under contract for another year, Chambers is relying on the club to trigger the 12-month option they have on his services.

Skuse recalled how Lambert spoke in glowing terms about the pair and said: “It was flattering the way he spoke about Chambo and me in such high regard, which was obviously very, very nice, and I don’t think Chambo has made any secret of the fact that he would love to stay around the club to some degree.

“It’s something I have thought of as well. It’s a fantastic club and the infrastructure is brilliant.

“I’ve got a contract and if I’m wanted around the place I’m here. If the club want to pursue something new that’s not my decision, but I do want to be around the place.

“This is my sixth season and I’ve loved every minute of it. The family are settled here and I’m contracted to the place so I want to be around the place.

“I’m not actively looking but if someone comes to the club and offers some money for me to go elsewhere – and the club accept it – it’s kind of out of my hands.

“I’m not looking to move, I’m at Ipswich Town and I’m contracted to Ipswich Town. I feel as though I’ve got loads of football left in me but what will be, will be. It’s not something I’ve thought about and it’s not a bridge I’ve crossed just yet.”

Chambers and Skuse are so close as friends that they have already gone public with their plans to stay together when their playing days are over, the former as a manager and the latter as his assistant, but for now they want to continue their playing careers for as long as possible.

Skuse added: “We’re close and I’ve offered my services as an agent! He’s in conversation with the club and I don’t think a decision is too far away.""

Doesn't look like Skuse is planning on jumping ship.
Let's wait and see.

But maybe he realises that the only 'ship' he would be able to jump to would be a kiddies bath toy.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am

I'm hearing off the record he has signed or will sign for Three more years.

tangfastic
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by tangfastic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
I'm hearing off the record he has signed or will sign for Three more years.
Wind up alert!!!!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16099
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am

Wouldn't be a total disaster. Now if it was off the record Knudsen for three years?

VAAAAAA NARAMA!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
I'm hearing off the record he has signed or will sign for Three more years.
Wind up alert!!!!
LOL Tang, would I ?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11450
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Back in sunny Spain

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am

Strange, I heard the same yesterday from a pal of mine in Spain who knows him well from his Bristol days, we had a bet on the game last week which he went to, and the first thing he said when he paid me 5€ yesterday was, “I hear Skusey is about to sign a new contract with your lot”

Not sure of his source but it seems to be coming from all directions.

tangfastic
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by tangfastic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:43 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am
Strange, I heard the same yesterday from a pal of mine in Spain who knows him well from his Bristol days, we had a bet on the game last week which he went to, and the first thing he said when he paid me 5€ yesterday was, “I hear Skusey is about to sign a new contract with your lot”

Not sure of his source but it seems to be coming from all directions.
I only trust Mick McCarthy as a solid contractual source. :)

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23861
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:43 am
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am
Strange, I heard the same yesterday from a pal of mine in Spain who knows him well from his Bristol days, we had a bet on the game last week which he went to, and the first thing he said when he paid me 5€ yesterday was, “I hear Skusey is about to sign a new contract with your lot”

Not sure of his source but it seems to be coming from all directions.
I only trust Mick McCarthy as a solid contractual source. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23861
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
I'm hearing off the record he has signed or will sign for Three more years.


Hopefully Chambers , and Skuse will both be given new contracts. They deserve it, unlike sick note Huws, and want away Knudsen, who i wouldn’t have anywhere near the first team squad tbh.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm

:D Skuse, yes, But although Chambers has been Regular, :shock: New playing contract its a nope for me, he has too much power,??? :roll: Heard that somewhere before :lol:, I could see Chambo as a scout or trainee manager, but playing no, also we cannot keep permanent injury prone players, ship them out, :shock: 3 years extension contract for Knudsen, WTF he can go, the amount of times he's been responsible for letting the opposition score, I'll stick with Kenlock thank you very much, much better LB, I have my reservations about Collins as well, he's very injury prone, that's why the Wet spammers let him go, Huws also must be let go, :roll: I've forgotten what he looks like, now Judge yes give him a 2 year contract :D. on another note its strange how Didsy was always injured with us, has gone to Sheff Utd scored 10 odd goals, and never injured :roll: I would like to know how Sheff Utd keep their players fit and injury free, I mean last season how many games did he play 12 ?? if we were lucky. all answers on a postcard

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 pm

I may be wrong but I think it is a no brainer Chambo & Skuse will stay, let's not forget we are stepping down a level, these Two should excel in bloody league one. We need a Three of Four experienced pro's and we ain't gonna get anything better where we are headed.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 pm
I may be wrong but I think it is a no brainer Chambo & Skuse will stay, let's not forget we are stepping down a level, these Two should excel in bloody league one. We need a Three of Four experienced pro's and we ain't gonna get anything better where we are headed.

I'm sorry BM but I'm sure Chambo will struggle, there's some sharp pacey strikers in DIv 1 who i know for sure will turn Chambo inside out, opposing managers have always targeted Chambers as our weak link, he might do a good job in the air, but on the ground he's weak, leaves strikers with far too much room to open us up, he has not got the pace or agility to sit tight on a striker, he backs off and backs off, then leaving the striker all the time in the world to get a cross in, but that's my view and I could be wrong, just because we drop down a league doesn't mean things get slower, far from it, its a lot more boot and run style, now Scuse he's more of a clear up Midfielder and adapts better, especialy with the younger Bishop, Downes, and other young players coming through, he can leave the chasing around to them, and just mop up behind them, of which he's good at most times, he's paces himself due to his age, and reads the play to know where to be at the right time in most cases, but its exciting times ahead BM, and we have a manager in PL who will get us playing better footie.

tangfastic
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by tangfastic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
I'm hearing off the record he has signed or will sign for Three more years.


Hopefully Chambers , and Skuse will both be given new contracts. They deserve it, unlike sick note Huws, and want away Knudsen, who i wouldn’t have anywhere near the first team squad tbh.
Got to be honest .... the comment “They deserve it” is a bit questionable.

They’re truly good blokes and pros who always give everything, but these two are probably our two most senior players who’ve been part of a very shitty campaign. I don’t blame them personally, but it’s not just the new players coming in who are to blame - the senior players are also responsible. And I agree we need experience amongst the youth next season, but we also needed it this season. Did our experienced pros stop all the silly goals using their experience? We’re seeing lame goals given away on a weekly basis... I see a lot of effort and grunt... but where’s the experienced pro offering guidance to less experienced players to stop all these errors? I just feel the bar should be set a bit higher for senior players on good contracts and who have been mainstays in the team.

I’d like to see Chambers and Skuse stay on, but not at the expense of another experienced player, like Judge, who wants the ball, takes responsibility and drives us forward. The purse strings will be tighter than ever and we need these players to justify themselves firstly as players.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Two of our most "experienced pro's" are Bart & Knudsen and those Two combined have been responsible for far more goals than anyone else at the club .

tangfastic
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by tangfastic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Two of our most "experienced pro's" are Bart & Knudsen and those Two combined have been responsible for far more goals than anyone else at the club .
Agreed... but so are Chambo and Skuse responsible if they’re shoe-ins and they’re there to offer experience. Even though these guys are truly loyal, decent pros... my point is ... why should they not only be excluded from blame, but be rewarded? We should not reward their past loyalty, but what they can offer next season. We haven’t got the luxury now of that. Moneys too tight too mention... cut back.

It’s the ‘experience’ tag that gets me.... if it means something it’s maybethe unseen, intangible things that experience means... maybe giving good advice, improving others around you, taking the game by the scruff of the neck, maybe even upping their own game, whatever. Has that been evident this season when we’ve continuously shot ourselves in the foot ?

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16099
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Two of our most "experienced pro's" are Bart & Knudsen and those Two combined have been responsible for far more goals than anyone else at the club .
Agreed... but so are Chambo and Skuse responsible if they’re shoe-ins and they’re there to offer experience. Even though these guys are truly loyal, decent pros... my point is ... why should they not only be excluded from blame, but be rewarded? We should not reward their past loyalty, but what they can offer next season. We haven’t got the luxury now of that. Moneys too tight too mention... cut back.

It’s the ‘experience’ tag that gets me.... if it means something it’s maybethe unseen, intangible things that experience means... maybe giving good advice, improving others around you, taking the game by the scruff of the neck, maybe even upping their own game, whatever. Has that been evident this season when we’ve continuously shot ourselves in the foot ?
Started singing a ginger tossers song halfway through reading that.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: No Interest In Knudsen

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Two of our most "experienced pro's" are Bart & Knudsen and those Two combined have been responsible for far more goals than anyone else at the club .
Agreed... but so are Chambo and Skuse responsible if they’re shoe-ins and they’re there to offer experience. Even though these guys are truly loyal, decent pros... my point is ... why should they not only be excluded from blame, but be rewarded? We should not reward their past loyalty, but what they can offer next season. We haven’t got the luxury now of that. Moneys too tight too mention... cut back.

It’s the ‘experience’ tag that gets me.... if it means something it’s maybethe unseen, intangible things that experience means... maybe giving good advice, improving others around you, taking the game by the scruff of the neck, maybe even upping their own game, whatever. Has that been evident this season when we’ve continuously shot ourselves in the foot ?
Started singing a ginger tossers song halfway through reading that.

Fancy yourself as a budding Mick Hucknall then Marco, :lol: :lol:

Post Reply