PLAYERS TO GO END OF SEASON

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

PLAYERS TO GO END OF SEASON

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm

:roll: I think Pl should have a bloody good clear out in April, and a Rebuild, my list of players who I think should go if we get relegated
Players Out
Bart wont want to stay
Defence:
Knudsen, Chambers, Pennington STL Collins STL, Donacian, Elder STL ,Spence, Nsiala, Bree STL,
Midfield: Chalobah STL,Nolan,Scuse,Edwards,Roberts,Ward
Forwards: Jackson, Harrison,KeaneSTL, Sears, Quaner
There's probably others that should go as well,

PL if he stays ?? should be allowed to sign say 4or 5 good experienced defence players, to complement our up and coming youth squad, also it will slash the wage bill with 20 out, and we start again, all loans will be gone anyway, they wont want Div 1 footie, we have too many on the books that should not be at Ipswich, any on contracts that are not wanted pay them off, or sell in the summer.

Sorry to be so brutal, but we are in a mess juggling Hursts signings, we will have to do what PL done at the Scum, when they went down, a F*****G good clear out

Ohiotractorboy

Re: PLAYERS TO GO END OF SEASON

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:33 pm

I don't think you can be too brutal after this season

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:43 pm

I'd probably try and keep as many as possible. The team that played today should definitely be able to challenge for play-off positions in League One. Or am I wrong and did Norwich ease up at 1-0? Really don't think they eased up for an entire half?

Lack of goalscorer is obvious but Ipswich looked promising going forward with every move. The whole team were reading from the same hymn sheet during that first half. Even Knudsen started reading the game better. 2nd goal killed it definitely.

But......, a mass clearout means new players all trying to "gel" after their summer breaks etc etc. Not sure that'd be wise going into the first season in the third tier in over 578 years.

What does STL mean, Ash?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Didn't Hurst try a mass clear out??? I think we should hang on to as many players as we can. They've all got Championship experience which will be useful in league one.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm
:roll: I think Pl should have a bloody good clear out in April, and a Rebuild, my list of players who I think should go if we get relegated
Players Out
Bart wont want to stay
Defence:
Knudsen, Chambers, Pennington STL Collins STL, Donacian, Elder STL ,Spence, Nsiala, Bree STL,
Midfield: Chalobah STL,Nolan,Scuse,Edwards,Roberts,Ward
Forwards: Jackson, Harrison,KeaneSTL, Sears, Quaner
There's probably others that should go as well,

PL if he stays ?? should be allowed to sign say 4or 5 good experienced defence players, to complement our up and coming youth squad, also it will slash the wage bill with 20 out, and we start again, all loans will be gone anyway, they wont want Div 1 footie, we have too many on the books that should not be at Ipswich, any on contracts that are not wanted pay them off, or sell in the summer.

Sorry to be so brutal, but we are in a mess juggling Hursts signings, we will have to do what PL done at the Scum, when they went down, a F*****G good clear out
PL has already mentioned too much change is bad. We will have a good side for L1 skuse, Sears and Nolan will be at the club next year. I would expect most if not all the loanees to go back. Keane I would keep, Jackson and Edwards may be gone unless PL can't find better players.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am

What does STL mean, Ash?
I assume short term loan

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:38 am

If we’re serious about bouncing straight back we need to keep our best players from the current squad. If we make wholesale changes we’ll be back to where we were at the start of this season. I think we’ll be in a far better position to suggest the players who should leave after we see what Lambert can get out of this squad in the final third of the season. If today was anything to go by a fair number of the squad would still be worth keeping if they are willing to stay.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 am

Some would be inclined to suggest clearing the entire team but there's no way it's going to happen or even be a viable solution. Many of the names are recent additions brought in since last close season but arguably they haven't produced or are yet to find form, if at all they ever can.

Bialkowski has a been a good club servant but prone to error, Gerken is suitable cover but wouldn't hurt to bring in an extra option in goal. For what it's worth I'd keep both on board but don't get to see the team in action on regular basis like some others. Defense and attack are the primary points of focus, we have a multitude of forward alternatives but none that are dependable or consistent enough. Yes that includes Sears also.

Bear in mind the caliber of opposition in League One will be a whole different dimension from second league status, where we should find wins and points easier to come by but it's all hypothetical at point in time. The problem we got right now is the players can function as a cohesive unit but the instances are far too few and far between for the prosperity of future occasion.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 am

Relegation
Quote

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Who out of the current squad (Not loans)do you think would leave or be sold if we were relegated? For me it would be:

Bart
Knudson
Chambers
Ward
Dozzell
Huws
Adeyemi
Sears.

This topic is already covered in the RELEGATION thread started on the 12th November 2018. Do really have to have another one?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 am

Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am
What does STL mean, Ash?
I assume short term loan
Cheers for that.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 am

I said before Xmas that we should accept that we will be relegated and play OUR young players for the rest of the season in order to give them some experience at a higher level prior to next season in the cr@p league.

I was cried down by so many on this board.

So what happened instead - we get in some mediocre loanees who keep our young players out of the team. If that had resulted in some half decent results then that would have been justified - but it hasn't. PL's assertion that 'we needed some help' has been blown wide open - we can't score goals and we can't stop shipping them. FFS, we're supposed to have a youth policy - what's the point of having a youth policy if OUR young players are being kept out of the team by mediocre loan signings (Judge, Bree, Keane etc). Our young players (Harrison, Jackson, Emmanuel, Bishop, Kenlock, Wolfenden, etc etc) will not improve if they don't get plenty of game time. There has been a big chance to really blood these players alongside experienced players before the experienced players inevitably jump ship at the end of the season because they think League 1 to be beneath them.

Personally, if I was manager I would get rid of the whole lot of them at the end of the season - in my opinion they must collectively take responsibility for the club going to the third tier of football for the first time in over 60 years. But at the very least we ought to be looking to ship out all those who have not come up through the academy or other young players such as Harrison who might turn into half decent players if only they were given an extended opportunity.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am

The only thing I will say Gary is that you stated several times you would rather play Knudsen (a player who doesn't want to be here) over kenlock any day of the week so it's a bit double standards on that one mate.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am

Alan Judge is not here on loan, he signed a short term contract to the end of the season with a further 1 year option for which Town payed Brentford a nominal undisclosed fee. If he’s a better player than one of our youngsters he deserves his place.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am
The only thing I will say Gary is that you stated several times you would rather play Knudsen (a player who doesn't want to be here) over kenlock any day of the week so it's a bit double standards on that one mate.
I don't see how it's double standards, Mike - Knudsen is our player and to my mind is the best option we have at left back.
What I'm complaining about are our youngsters being kept out of the team by loanees or STLs - and that's totally different from the Knudsen situation.

But, ok, let's say that Kenlock plays at left back - that's fine, as you could then replace Pennington (or Collins if he ever plays again) with Knudsen or Wolfenden.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am
Alan Judge is not here on loan, he signed a short term contract to the end of the season with a further 1 year option for which Town payed Brentford a nominal undisclosed fee. If he’s a better player than one of our youngsters he deserves his place.
based on the evidence to date, he's not

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Might be a helluva lot quicker just to list the players that are staying!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 am
Relegation
Quote

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Who out of the current squad (Not loans)do you think would leave or be sold if we were relegated? For me it would be:

Bart
Knudson
Chambers *****
Ward
Dozzell*****
Huws
Adeyemi
Sears.

This topic is already covered in the RELEGATION thread started on the 12th November 2018. Do really have to have another one?
***** indicates the players I’d keep . The rest is offload either free of sell

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:28 pm

I reckon Sears could possibly have a defining season in L1. I’d keep him if he wants to stay. Could be wrong though....... it’s all a gamble at the end of the day....... Messi played 90 mins last night v Atl Bilbao and couldn’t score.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Ah sh*t. Just read the other thread about Sears out. Oh well, scrap that.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm

:shock: wow that was and still is an excellent reply to my statement about the current squad, I have a feeling that we will see at the end of the season, the ones who will stay to fight for the club in the third tier, and the ones Paul will be instructed to sell off, I'm somewhat swayed in Gary's comments re blooding a few more of the youngsters now, i.e. Lankester, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, etc, I think that Scuse and Chambers are too slow now to take the challenge of the third tier pace, we will need our younger players coming in ready for the hard season ahead, as some have said this wont be a stroll in the park by any means, and if PL does not prepare and build the squad properly, we could struggle, we will be looked at as the big scalp to take, so get the defence sorted with strength in depth, and I think we will be a hard team to beat, but if we hang onto players that are not up to it we will suffer, we will definitely need strong pre season friendly games, to build the squads confidence up, and hopefully will hit the ground running.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Ah sh*t. Just read the other thread about Sears out. Oh well, scrap that.
:roll: This could be a blessing in disguise Marco