This is why Lambert is the right man for the job....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

This is why Lambert is the right man for the job....

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 am

derick_ipsw

Re: This is why Lambert is the right man for the job....

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am

All we need now is him to start winning and everything in the garden will be rosy again. Building bridges with the supporters excellent job, playing better, he has done that, winning football matches, well that's where it all comes tumbling down.
Paul Hurst was a ridiculous appointment, anybody who thought he was the future was delusional. But when you compare there games wins ratio, oh dear PL has nothing to shout about there. But there is definitely something about the bloke that makes you think, just maybe this guy could turn this club around. If we were to get promoted next season then it could be the start of something, but if we get to November and we are outside the top 6 the natives will turn and PL will do very well even with all his excellent PR to keep his job.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am
All we need now is him to start winning and everything in the garden will be rosy again. Building bridges with the supporters excellent job, playing better, he has done that, winning football matches, well that's where it all comes tumbling down.
Paul Hurst was a ridiculous appointment, anybody who thought he was the future was delusional. But when you compare there games wins ratio, oh dear PL has nothing to shout about there. But there is definitely something about the bloke that makes you think, just maybe this guy could turn this club around. If we were to get promoted next season then it could be the start of something, but if we get to November and we are outside the top 6 the natives will turn and PL will do very well even with all his excellent PR to keep his job.
As things stand regarding Lambert I think that sums things up perfectly.
From day 1 I have had my concerns about his appointment and I still have doubts that he will be able to turn things around results wise. However, I acknowledge that he is great at PR and has certainly brought the club and supporters closer together again.
I said when he was appointed that whatever happens this season the club needs stability and therefore imo he should be given the opportunity to get us back up should the worse scenario happen. I still believe that is the case but as you say he will need to get us off to a good start next season or the pressure on him will build very quickly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am

It's a good article that Shed, for me I think PL has to be given the time to turn this club around, I think he is definitely the right man to bring us back up, however I believe next season everyone, especially the fans will have to hold their nerve as I am expecting the first few weeks to be tricky before we settle down and find our feet, we are undoubtedly going to see a mass clearout of a lot of players with quite an influx of new faces and that in itself takes time to gel. One thing is for sure the ride should be an enjoyable one with a lot more victories along the way.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 am

Mike
I think what we are going to have to be prepared for next season is a lot of teams in League 1 will see us as a big scalp and will up their game when they play us.
Some of the Sunderland fans have said this regarding them and it is one of the reasons why they have not run away with the league as some people thought they might.
As regards seeing more wins, I bloody hope so as I as if we have only got 3 wins after 31 games next season I think I might consider giving up! :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 am

In the past I’ve never been a fan of Paul Lambert but I must say he’s growing on me, and given our position when he took over I think he was the best we could have hoped for and is doing a good job with the resources he has to play with. Regardless of where we are at the end of the season I hope he stays for the duration and rebuilds this club with some decent foundations and restores some pride for the club, the players and the fans. I wish him well and am 100% behind him unlike Paul Hurst who in my opinion was the most ridiculous manager appointment this footballclub has ever made, those who think otherwise are probably those who were so pleased to see the back of Mick McCarthy they just lost sight of what we actually needed.

As for the lead article, yes Guardian Sport spot on again, a very good newspaper for sport journalism.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 am
In the past I’ve never been a fan of Paul Lambert but I must say he’s growing on me, and given our position when he took over I think he was the best we could have hoped for and is doing a good job with the resources he has to play with. Regardless of where we are at the end of the season I hope he stays for the duration and rebuilds this club with some decent foundations and restores some pride for the club, the players and the fans. I wish him well and am 100% behind him unlike Paul Hurst who in my opinion was the most ridiculous manager appointment this footballclub has ever made, those who think otherwise are probably those who were so pleased to see the back of Mick McCarthy they just lost sight of what we actually needed.

As for the lead article, yes Guardian Sport spot on again, a very good newspaper for sport journalism.
Like you Andy he has grown on me big time, never liked him in the past, probably due to the scum connection. Regarding Hurst I was all for him, I felt if we were going down the route of change with a young up and coming manager he was the best of the bunch given what he had done, clearly that went tits up, however I think I was pretty much the last person to want MM out so that wasn't why I saw Hurst as a way forward, you live and learn I guess.