Derby croaking again I see

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Derby croaking again I see

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:46 pm

Lost to Forest tonight. I also note Lawrence wasn’t playing. I think he’s the one that makes them “ tick” .

How much have they spent season on season now in the last 5-6 years? How are they allowed to do this level of spending under these FFP rules?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Derby croaking again I see

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Liz, I think you’ll find the last season Derby had a net spend was 2015/16 when they unsuccessfully tried to buy promotion. In the three seasons that followed including this one, their transfer spending has all been funded totally from sales.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 am

Derby games are always difficult, so they lost by one goal to zero. They'll be upset with it but in games of that nature you expect all manner of probabilities. They got something of an unwanted record for missing out on a promotion by end of season, it may well come to pass once again this time around.

Maybe the Lampard effect has lessened now after some considerable hype and expectation. Yes they buy big but something's not working as it should for them. Been 20 years now but vacating the old Baseball Ground arena may have indeed worked against them. In the end the need to relocate was maybe essential but it was something of an archetype in English sports stadia. Maybe the new design doesn't suit them, but make no mistake they're doing something wrong year in year out as each season will testify.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 am

If I was from the area, I’d be happy this morning. Always good to see Derby losing their derby!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm

saint jude wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 am
Derby games are always difficult, so they lost by one goal to zero. They'll be upset with it but in games of that nature you expect all manner of probabilities. They got something of an unwanted record for missing out on a promotion by end of season, it may well come to pass once again this time around.

Maybe the Lampard effect has lessened now after some considerable hype and expectation. Yes they buy big but something's not working as it should for them. Been 20 years now but vacating the old Baseball Ground arena may have indeed worked against them. In the end the need to relocate was maybe essential but it was something of an archetype in English sports stadia. Maybe the new design doesn't suit them, but make no mistake they're doing something wrong year in year out as each season will testify.

I don’t think stadia has anything to do with it SJ, Derby have no issues playing at home where they’ve only lost three games all season. Their problems appear to be on their travels when they’ve lost 7 of 17. All said and done i’d Rather have their season than ours.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Yes me too Charny, me too !
Thanks for earlier post btw . :D