Ipswich Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another Draw Anyone??

Ipswich Win
57%
Forest Win
14%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 14

ipswichtownNo1

Re: Ipswich Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am
marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:10 am
The most fundamentally important thing here is, ........., did someone find Mikes pills?

Another excellent preview. Even the Paul Hurst part and more notably, the positivity about Jon Nolan. Great to read (and see) that he's stepped up. He was highly regarded in a borderline championship level Shrewsbury side and thankfully that form has been rekindled. Eventually!

https://youtu.be/YxBSUA5p

Not too sure about this fixture. It'd be decent in my opinion if a draw could be achieved but I think O'Neill will be setting out for an all out attack. Could get nasty! Hopefully the now common 1-1 but I'm seeing a defeat here.

Keane / Ref caption:

Keane: Ref? WTF?
Ref: yep, foul Roy. I'm going to stand over here.
Found the Pils Marko, they were in the Fridge cooling all the time, 6 lovely bottles.
6 pilsbottles sitting in the fridge, if one pils bottle accidently falls :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Team announced

Bialkowski
Bree
Chambers
Pennington
Kenlock
Bishop
Skuse
Nolan
Edwards
Quaner
Judge

Bench

Gerken
Knudsen
Chalobah
Jackson
Nsiala
Dozzell
El Mizouni

On paper it looks a capable squad, we got a chance today. Depends which team wants it more, pressure's off, we can play unrestricted.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Get in!!!!
1-0

My Forest supporting colleague will not be happy :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Just back from golf, great tv coverage again with commentary from BBC Radio Suffolk, nice to see us 1-0 up which makes a change.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm

f*ck it, spoke to soon. That was a messy goal to concede... possibly an own goal by either Bart or Jon Nolan, either way it was a scrappy one to gift away.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Good to see Collin Quaner score his first goal for Town, hopefully this will boost his confidence. L

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Fairly good first half from what I’ve seen, but the longer it’s gone on the more we appear to have lost the midfield and Forest end the half on top. Hopefully PL will get us reorganised during the half time break.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Other results going our way.

Need another goal - come on town!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Enjoying this Sky Bet TV coverage with BBC Suffolk commentary but strange with no replay of highlights etc. I’ll certainly miss this in League 1.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm

What a fantastic volley from Chalobah on 51 mins, how good would that have been had it found the back of the net. Great skill.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:24 pm

How the f*ck can Nolan miss from 3yds out at the end of a great Ipswich counter attack on 63 mins.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm

What a wanker of a referee, what a petty cun5 he is. That free kick was so well worked.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Omg Bart looks vulnerable, why use legs when you have hands !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Kayden Jackson getting into some great positions but missing out with the final finish. We really should be getting something out of this game and deserve to be in front.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Great second half performance. Truly deserved a win. Sloppy goal we let in again first half ( cue who was to blame for tomorrow).

My shout: I felt Chambo as first defender didn’t time his jump as he had his weighty new contract in his pocket. :).

Very good performance again... we’re seriously down, but only one team wanted to win that game ... and we deserved it. Whatever...hope PR is in good spirits.

COYB.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Very good performance we are getting better each match the future is bright IMO.👍 Only wish we could get the wins we deserve.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Killed them, especially second half, wave after wave of attack, good goal disallowed and a certain penalty right at the death for the foul on Jackson not given, that's Three play off contenders in a week we've outplayed, proud of the lads again today.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:47 pm
Good to see Collin Quaner score his first goal for Town, hopefully this will boost his confidence. L
Great to see him score but he's not really a stricker,better at setting them up,talking a to a Huddisfiled supporting mate,said he as lots of respect for him as he helped them get in the premiership but he's never a stricker.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 pm

We look like a team again at last - fans and players together. Most enjoyable game of the season for me. If we get that week in week out in League 1, I personally can't wait! Atmosphere was great, team played well. Too little too late it may be but the future is bright if we can keep playing that way. What concerns me is keeping players and getting new ones to gel when the loanees leave. Keith Stroud is a total disgrace and should be sacked. How he allowed them to rugby tackle our players so blatantly yet penalise us for the slightest brush i will never know. And how can a goalkeeper come out and punch jon nolan yet nolan gets penalised?? Only negative was their goal which looked very tame to me. I am happy - we have our club back and my season ticket for next year is confirmed 👍

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:07 pm

That was one of the best second half performances I have seen in ages! So happy apart from not winning.

Chalobah was immense when he came on for skuse. Judge was awesome all game. Excellent game and great effort from every player on the pitch. So happy and excited for next season

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Chalobah was incredible and as you say he sparked the second half performance, everything went through him, he drove us forward time and time again. Still don't know how Nolan missed the header or how that prat Stroud failed to give the penalty. All in all I think we'll be absolutely fine next season.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:23 pm

We will be so fine, I and my youngest lad have said we will get season tickets! Maybe it’s the birthday drinks talking lol but I would love that sort of atmosphere each week with a few added wins and an exciting season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm
Killed them, especially second half, wave after wave of attack, good goal disallowed and a certain penalty right at the death for the foul on Jackson not given, that's Three play off contenders in a week we've outplayed, proud of the lads again today.

I thought playing a quick free kick was a legitimate part of the game, when did it become outlawed ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:28 pm

I think its the refs discretion and that tw*t couldn't wait to disallow it

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 pm

I thought playing a quick free kick was a legitimate part of the game, when did it become outlawed ?
It depends whether the ref has told them to wait while he gets defenders 10 yards away.

We were decidedly second best in the first half. Considering we had 5 in the middle (we certainly only had 1 up front) we were overrun.

Much improved second half, Chalobah showed an urgency and determination that I don't think Skuse has ever shown. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Skuse but I've always been of the opinion that for all his good contributions there is a lot he doesn't do. And as I said in another thread, I suspect he is now of an age where he will keep picking up injuries.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:50 pm

His ankle injury ( which I thought it looked like that again today ), was first sustained ( I think from memory) at the Millwall away game, and it was quite a bad one. Thing I’d ehen you sustain ligament injuries they take a minimum of 6 months to fully heal , and that’s assuming you don’t get whacked in it again .,,, and again . Overall Skuse has an excellent record regarding injuries I think. Agreed it’s not a good idea to get one in your 30’s but I think he will make a full re overt over the summer ....,, only 8 games left now.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Caught some game highlights or at least what they could be bothered to show. Why the f*ck couldn't the team show the same level of commitment and determination at other prolonged stages of the season before now ? Pity is other scores went our way today but such as it is when you're down there fortune goes against you.

Senior match official seemed to spoil things considerably. Jumped up sh*t who wanted to stamp his authority and with another referee on another day we may well have had ourselves a victory. Why was the last strike canceled out ? 16,000 would seem a disappointing turn-out what with games remaining out at home in the Championship League. Disappointed, but the Football Association will seek to employ pricks for game officiating.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:07 am

Andym wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 pm

It depends whether the ref has told them to wait while he gets defenders 10 yards away.

We were decidedly second best in the first half. Considering we had 5 in the middle (we certainly only had 1 up front) we were overrun.

Much improved second half, Chalobah showed an urgency and determination that I don't think Skuse has ever shown. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Skuse but I've always been of the opinion that for all his good contributions there is a lot he doesn't do. And as I said in another thread, I suspect he is now of an age where he will keep picking up injuries.
Regarding Skuse, I do think he does show a lot of determination, but only around our penalty area in trying to block a shot or intercept a pass. Probably the best we’ve got in those situations. Under Mick, that’s perfect, but Lambert wants us on the front foot and CHalobah coming on seemed to put us further up the pitch and with a lot more intent to keep up the pressure.
Completely agree about Skuse... there is a lot he doesn’t do. What he does well ( the dirty work), he does very well, but he never seems to have that desire to get us forward.
Skuse has been playing OK (especially from the bench) lately, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Downes taking over from him, with CHalobah leaving at the end of the season.
I thought CHalobah was excellent. First season at senior level and looks like being a top player.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 am

Caption. Roy Keane does his best impression of how to be a cu*t..

Caption. Roy Keane carries his ego onto the pitch.

Caption. Roy Keane pleads his innocence but everybody at Portman Road knows he is guilty of just about everything.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:35 am

I suppose this is a much better position to be in than the another scenario. At least the majority of the fans are on board with relegation and are looking forward to next season.

The other scenario........ going into the 46th game, possible relegation? Getting relegated and pi$$ed off all summer? Ipswich fans will feel so much better about League One than Millwall or Rotherham come end of May.

Roy Keane caption..., (the man who accepts all legitimate play....except when they’re against him)
“Ref, ya eejit...... he took that freekick too quick.”