ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 am

I think for away fans its the Beehive or Barnstormers which are both quite close too by all accounts. That's not to say The Horwich Park one doesn't either but I've not seen anything on it.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:52 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500131 Don't know how this affect Saturday?

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23780
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Bolton given yet more time to pay their tax bill ,( on the basis of impending new take over). Court adjourned ..... until May 8th I think .

How the hell do they keep getting away with it?

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm
Bolton given yet more time to pay their tax bill ,( on the basis of impending new take over). Court adjourned ..... until May 8th I think .

How the hell do they keep getting away with it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500131 As it says here.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2228
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm

But without that crowd safety certificate being issued before Saturday, you will be wasting your time traveling, go and support a team more local to where you live until the next game.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:36 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm
But without that crowd safety certificate being issued before Saturday, you will be wasting your time traveling, go and support a team more local to where you live until the next game.
Have you seen Chester play? :lol:

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6379
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by TODD66 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:45 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:36 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm
But without that crowd safety certificate being issued before Saturday, you will be wasting your time traveling, go and support a team more local to where you live until the next game.
Have you seen Chester play? :lol:
And they are playing away on Saturday in Nuneaton!!

Much prefer Bolton if possible - much closer.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:59 pm


User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:25 pm


User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 pm

It was always going to go ahead, get the Beers in Derick, or Todd, or both !!! :D :D :D

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Not been confirmed yet.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Trust me was never going to be off, gonna look a right prat now if it is, and not for the first time.... Hurst you tosser.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04 pm


User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:21 pm

"Phew" be bloody hilarious if it's off cus Maud the hot dog seller refuses to relent.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:57 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500131 Maybe not BM, don't be getting your hat and coat ready yet. :shock:

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:35 am


User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 am

Christ its on and off here Derick lol

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6379
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by TODD66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... bolton-on/

So - Town now seem to think we are good to go!

EDIT - must be true if the Beeb are reporting the same!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813930

Key words are Staff have been paid.....

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am

TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... bolton-on/

So - Town now seem to think we are good to go!

EDIT - must be true if the Beeb are reporting the same!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813930

Key words are Staff have been paid.....
Are you going Todd? I'm meeting Bluemike if you fancy a Beer.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:24 am

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... bolton-on/ 1300 fans going to Bolton. Brilliant support.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Yes indeed, its been brilliant all season, if I could only do home or away it would be away every time.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6379
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by TODD66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am
TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... bolton-on/

So - Town now seem to think we are good to go!

EDIT - must be true if the Beeb are reporting the same!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813930

Key words are Staff have been paid.....
Are you going Todd? I'm meeting Bluemike if you fancy a Beer.
I will be there with my lad again.
Where are you planning on being?

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am
TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... bolton-on/

So - Town now seem to think we are good to go!

EDIT - must be true if the Beeb are reporting the same!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813930

Key words are Staff have been paid.....
Are you going Todd? I'm meeting Bluemike if you fancy a Beer.
I will be there with my lad again.
Where are you planning on being?
The one nearest the Ground is the Horwich Park Inn.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6379
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by TODD66 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:20 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm
TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am


Are you going Todd? I'm meeting Bluemike if you fancy a Beer.
I will be there with my lad again.
Where are you planning on being?
The one nearest the Ground is the Horwich Park Inn.
We will see what time we land and I will give you a call

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:37 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:20 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm
TODD66 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 pm


I will be there with my lad again.
Where are you planning on being?
The one nearest the Ground is the Horwich Park Inn.
We will see what time we land and I will give you a call
Okey Dokey.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Found this...

The main pub for away fans is the Beehive, which is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the away turnstiles. It is a good sized pub that also serves food. You can also park your car there or in car parks close by (see below). I have to say that the pub is normally very good in getting people served even if it is three deep at the bar as they have a lot of serving staff. Another pub is the Barnstormers pub on Lostock Lane (from the M61, go past the stadium on your left, move into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights into Lostock Lane, the pub is down on the right) which does admit away fans. There is also a mixture of street parking and paid parking (at some industrial units) in this area.

Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground, although for some games such as local derbies, the Club opt not to sell any. Alcohol available inside the ground includes; Worthington's Bitter (£4 a pint), Carling (£4 a pint),  Coors Light (£4.20 a pint) Carling Apple Cider (£4.20 a pint), Guinness (£4.20 a pint), Kingstone Press Mixed Berey (£4.40 500ml),  Red or White Wine (£4.30 187ml bottle). In another good move then the Club allows you to pre-order and pay for your half time drinks, before the game has kicked off, through the purchase of tokens. Thus making it quicker to get your hands on your interval liquid refreshments.

There are a number of bars on the nearby Middlebrook Retail Park (the Macron Stadium is on the Middlebrook Retail estate). However most of these have bouncers on the doors that only admit home fans on the production of a matchday or season ticket, There are though plenty of eating outlets on the Retail Park; KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Subway and a Bolton Wanderers themed McDonalds as well as several other themed restaurants

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Derick, is Horwich Park inn closer?

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Right by the ground mate. I assume that's where the coaches will go.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOLTON FIXTURE

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Coaches will yes so from that point of view its perfect

Post Reply