Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/former-pal ... CLBHvZBoDE

With the way club is being run Jordan might not be wrong when talking about League Two.

We won't be able to compete with likes of Fleetwood for a player yet large number of our fans will keep clapping and accepting everything Evans does. Obviously he'll win a lot in their eyes (as he always does) following yet another pre-recorded 'interview' this summer where he'll yapping the same old sh*t that we already know.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Jordan really isn’t telling me anything I didn’t know. It’s easy to predict the downfall of a club when it’s already falling. It’s not like we’ve had successive relegations. We have been in the Championship for donkeys years, so stagnant for certain...but doomed for league 2? I think ME is finally learning how to run a football club, and I think Lambert can be the one to guide us back to stability. I hope so anyway.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:30 pm

I think Jordan is a few months out of date with his comments. I think we have already turned the corner and Mevans has maybe seen the writing was on the wall and he needs to change the attitude.

His comments re: MM are rubbish too. The majority of our supporters (in my opinion) are now glad MM went and see that this was a necessary step in our clubs redemption. We are going down, yes, but I see light on the horizon and truly believe that with PL in charge, the youth coming through and a great fan base that we have, we will be back to playing enjoyable football and challenging for promotion back to the Championship very soon. Whether we achieve that promotion quickly is going to be influenced by the players we retain, purchase in the summer and a large amount of luck. But I for one, am not as worried as Jordan would appear to be.... but hey, what the f*ck do I know??

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:23 pm
Jordan really isn’t telling me anything I didn’t know. It’s easy to predict the downfall of a club when it’s already falling. It’s not like we’ve had successive relegations. We have been in the Championship for donkeys years, so stagnant for certain...but doomed for league 2? I think ME is finally learning how to run a football club, and I think Lambert can be the one to guide us back to stability. I hope so anyway.
' I think ME is finally learning how to run a football club '.

By how?

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:42 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:30 pm
I think Jordan is a few months out of date with his comments. I think we have already turned the corner and Mevans has maybe seen the writing was on the wall and he needs to change the attitude.

His comments re: MM are rubbish too. The majority of our supporters (in my opinion) are now glad MM went and see that this was a necessary step in our clubs redemption. We are going down, yes, but I see light on the horizon and truly believe that with PL in charge, the youth coming through and a great fan base that we have, we will be back to playing enjoyable football and challenging for promotion back to the Championship very soon. Whether we achieve that promotion quickly is going to be influenced by the players we retain, purchase in the summer and a large amount of luck. But I for one, am not as worried as Jordan would appear to be.... but hey, what the f*ck do I know??
Those comments about p***k mccarthy, yes they are rubbish and I agree with you. Though I'm devastated with relegation I'm glad mccarthy is no longer with us.

The main point are his opinions of Evans and Jordan is right.
You say the youth are coming through. Our vastly overrated youth is bang average. Who has developed this year? Lankester, and maybe Downes little bit too though the latter made some costly mistakes.

We won't be challenging for promotion back to the Championship very soon. Why? Simple because Evans is the owner and there is no strategy at all. People just hope that the youngsters would do well.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 6955
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Says a owner who took his club into administration.

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23780
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 pm

So Jordan knows Smith and her side kick husband personally, but doesn’t know Evans. Not hard to see why he’s saying what he is then is it! He’s just another one of the BCWYWF brigade, and his opinion counts for zilch.

I’m GLAD McCarthy was sacked. He papered over the cracks and was happy to take his £1m salary every year for making us “ hard to beat”, with his “ proper blokes”.

Under Paul Lambert we now have our Club back. Play attractive football. The fans are appreciated and have an affinity with the players again. Evans’big mistake was to not sack the Yorkshire Dinosaure two years earlier, and replace him with Paul Lambert. Town are being relegated because of Hursts monumental squad changes over one summer.

Under Lambert we will come back a lot stronger. Using mostly OUR academy players, many of whom are on the fringes of the squad already.


Jordan can frankly, DO ONE!

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Didn't our U23's just win the league?

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23780
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Exactly....and a high % of those will be involved with the senior side next season I think.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:23 pm
Jordan really isn’t telling me anything I didn’t know. It’s easy to predict the downfall of a club when it’s already falling. It’s not like we’ve had successive relegations. We have been in the Championship for donkeys years, so stagnant for certain...but doomed for league 2? I think ME is finally learning how to run a football club, and I think Lambert can be the one to guide us back to stability. I hope so anyway.
' I think ME is finally learning how to run a football club '.

By how?
Well I think he'll learn from his mistakes. He's never gonna invest 10's of millions, so he'll have to take a closer look at his managerial appointments and player management. I think he even admitted season ticket prices and the penalty for older fans was a mistake. He may have to rethink his 5 point plan as well, but as I said he's "learning".

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Is this the same corrupt Simon Jordan from a few years back ? What stone has he crept from under ? He knows f*ck all about our club and never will.

As has already been said Evans is finally starting to learn a few things about owning a football club, thanks in no small part to Paul Lambert. Lambert has repeatedly said we are very soon going to hear what the plans and strategy is for the club going forward, at least hear it before condemning us to years in the wilderness. I don't get this "we cant compete with Fleetwood" theory, where are they this season ? Why didn't they beat us to the signing of Judge ? Is he beneath their stsndards ? We'll see.

As has also been said didnt our kids just win the U23 league ? Maybe that doesn't count as it's not a negative. I disagree completely that only Lankester has made progress out of all our kids, Bishop lost 2 bloody years of football and Dozzell a year, give them a bloody chance, they were major injuries and it takes time to get back, Bishop is looking like the player of old, I thought Kenlock looked very good saturday after finally getting a run of games, El Mizouni has come from nowhere too, we have some great kids, unless of course Bryan Klug, the best in the business by the way now doesn't know what he's talking about ?

Frankly Jordan can f*ck off and take his bullshit pile of bile with him.

RRanger
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 am

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by RRanger » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Well said Blue Mike.Jordan is a loud mouthed tw*t.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 6955
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:01 pm

I should have known better than to listen to talk sh*te.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:09 pm

I also listen to Talksport - although a lot less recently as I cannot stand Alan Brazil and his sycophantic followers (ie Ray Parlour et al) and Jim White - sycophant in chief of anyone who happens to be someone who he thinks is "important". Anyway - it seems that every time you put that channel on now, you get Simon Jordan - quite why I just do not know. If he has made all of his money, why does he continually go on air to self justify his own greatness? He speaks in a self congratulatory and condescending tone on all matters and always claims to "know" the characters in the game. If he is so great, why did he fail at Palace and now feel the need to preach on topics (like our club) to which he holds no authority whatsoever? The man is an arsehole and needs to stop trying to be some great pundit who knows all about football. Just look at his haircut if you ever feel the need to wonder why you are questioning his judgement on anything! Proving him wrong will be a pleasure and I may even choose to go on to Talksport after we turn this around to make him eat his words. Ignore him - he is a pompous pr*ck. Other than that, I have no strong opinion on the man 😬

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Most importantly Mach , it's nice to see you posting, I for one have missed your opinions. Great to see you last Saturday with the bonus of a train journey as well. :wink:

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Most importantly Mach , it's nice to see you posting, I for one have missed your opinions. Great to see you last Saturday with the bonus of a train journey as well. :wink:
Oh by the way Simon Jordan is a complete BELLEND.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Most importantly Mach , it's nice to see you posting, I for one have missed your opinions. Great to see you last Saturday with the bonus of a train journey as well. :wink:
Likewise Derick.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 pm

So despite turning our club into a League One club and ongoing decline Evans gets an overwhelming sympathy from the Church of Evans !!! This CAN ONLY happen in Ipswich and NO OTHER SET OF FANS would have up with we have had to. 91 out 92 clubs and Evans would have to face a fury from fans. The only exception is nice, smashing Ipswich where people don't make a fuss.

We ain't talking about what Jordan has done a chairman in the past. A few words from him about Evans and Ipswich folk are annoyed. Unbelievable !

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Is this the same corrupt Simon Jordan from a few years back ? What stone has he crept from under ? He knows f*ck all about our club and never will.

As has already been said Evans is finally starting to learn a few things about owning a football club, thanks in no small part to Paul Lambert. Lambert has repeatedly said we are very soon going to hear what the plans and strategy is for the club going forward, at least hear it before condemning us to years in the wilderness. I don't get this "we cant compete with Fleetwood" theory, where are they this season ? Why didn't they beat us to the signing of Judge ? Is he beneath their stsndards ? We'll see.

As has also been said didnt our kids just win the U23 league ? Maybe that doesn't count as it's not a negative. I disagree completely that only Lankester has made progress out of all our kids, Bishop lost 2 bloody years of football and Dozzell a year, give them a bloody chance, they were major injuries and it takes time to get back, Bishop is looking like the player of old, I thought Kenlock looked very good saturday after finally getting a run of games, El Mizouni has come from nowhere too, we have some great kids, unless of course Bryan Klug, the best in the business by the way now doesn't know what he's talking about ?

Frankly Jordan can f*ck off and take his bullshit pile of bile with him.
Mike

Yes, same corrupt Simon Jordan has slated the angel Marcus.

You don't get this "we cant compete with Fleetwood" theory. I've said: 'we will not be able'. You think it won't be the case. If not Fleetwood then the likes of Doncaster, Plymouth etc will be the prospect than 'Sir Marcus Evans'. Ipswich. You also didn't get what I was saying to you 3 years ago that we'd be down with the way club has been run. Your answer was: 'No, no, no we wouldn't go down'.

Disaster, ongoing decline...... doesn't matter eh? Because your sympathy and defence of Evans keeps growing and growing. Add to this forthcoming summer 'interview' and everything will be groovy won't it?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm annoyed because its from a prat who knows nothing about "our club" Mach, yes our club !! It's from a man who took Palace into administration and then f*cked off leaving them in the sh*t. It is an opinion from a man who took to social media to have a pop at Evans over his views of FFP and stated we voted in favour of it when in fact we were one of the club's that voted against it forcing the pompous pr*ck into a grovelling apology, that is the sort of bloke who's comments you are holding in such high esteem, what I dont get is you think he is talking sh*te about Mick McCarthy but sense over everything else, thats like having your cake and eating it too surely.

Im getting a bit sick of people using the scum as a yardstick for our predicament tbh, I couldn't give a f*ck what they do or where they are, however was Simon Jordan saying the same thing about dear old Delia when she took them down to League One? Had there been change at the top they may not have come back up so it can work and often has. .

All I know is Portman road is a hundred times better these days after what we had endured in recent times, a very large majority of the fans are united behind "their team" when they are needed most, we all know mistakes have been made at the top but christ we should also be well aware that whether we like it or not there is no sugar daddy out there to take the club off Evans, fact, without him we die, thats the reality but if some prefer to believe the garbage spouted out by the likes of Jordan then crack on, I prefer to get behind what we are looking at trying to do in the future, that for me is the correct thing to do.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm

And furthermore why are you taking pleasure at being right about relegation ? Bizarre to say the least.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm
And furthermore why are you taking pleasure at being right about relegation ? Bizarre to say the least.
Mike I completely don't get it at all. What makes you thinking that I take a pleasure at being right about relegation? Pleasure? Why?

Blue Wilf
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Mach - I respect your view on Evans but I do not necessarily agree with it. We can all try to rebel and push Evans out but who will take his place? Its a bit like brexit in that many of us who voted out can see a brighter future (just my opinion!) but we cannot see how we can make it happen. Shouting about Evans and protesting is going to get us where precisely? At best he could sell to someone (but there is no-one obvious today who wants to buy or he could say - well you don't want me so fine, without a buyer, I will stop ANY investment, regardless how small you/we think it is today and what food would either of those do us? Like relegation (which may have been caused by Evans and his appointments, granted) - we have to accept that at present, he is the only show in town for us so lets get over it, back PL and the Team as best we can and enjoy the fact that going to football is fun again? No-one wants to be here but here we are! On the bright side, we have a good young side with more to come, some good experience that clearly can see a way forward (ie Judge) and a manager who is connecting it all - club, team, fans together - is that not a good thing?? I don't envy Norwich or their soon to be short lived return to the premier league. In fact, as i have said in previous posts, i hate the premier league and all it stands for. Even if we did get there, we will never win it or get close to top 4 so and would we then become a team who just want "survival" in order to keep the money coming in? That may be utopia for some but not for me - give me a team challenging at the top of whatever league we are in and a good atmosphere (and a sense of pride to say I support my home town team) and that will do for me. Maybe its a simplistic view but thats the one I have. Follow the Town - up or down....👍

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by rossi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am

My views about Evans are well known on this board - I see no reason to add to them.

It seems that this board contains the many (like Mike and Liz) who view the present situation with optimism for the future, claiming that Paul Lambert is the messiah who will transform the running of the club: and the few (like Mach and myself) who have been denouncing for years the way that Evans has been running the club and predicting a downward spiral which - at present at least - is materialising.

To me, the fact that so many people are prepared to grasp at straws (Paul Lambert, who apart from Norwich does not have a particularly good managerial record) shows exactly how far downward this club has actually spiralled. Has the owner finally learned his lesson? Has Paul Lambert finally shown him the light? From what I know of him and his personality, I doubt it.

I fully intend to keep out of all future debates on where we are heading, but my final word is that, next season, I consider relegation to League 2 to be far more likely than promotion to the Championship.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19634
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 am

The thing is when you say something for years and years the chances are eventually you could be right, I expect you were saying it the seasons we finished 6th and 7th.

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23780
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 am

I’ve always disliked Evans ( see my history of posts concerning him). But what else can we do . Without him ITFC would have been dead and buried years ago . That’s a FACT!

Football is this Country , soldbits soul to Sky years ago. Their money in the game is poison and has ruined it The PL is a crock of shyte , but those that manage to make it ( even just for one season) have their fortunes changed forever. Some for the better, some for the worst case .


Paul Lambert will be the messiah - he IS the best thing to happen to this Club since the days of Burley and then Lyall, and had given us fans some real hope ( we’ve had none in nearly 2 decades ). His football style is entertaining , he is “ inclusive” to all connected with this Club
( unlike his two recent predecessors).

The future will be bright under Lambert . We have a fair few good youngsters coming through who with seniors like Judge, Skuse ( yes Skuse), Chambers, Collins ( Pay as you play contract) and I think quite likely Norwood : Keane partnership next season. Town will have x good season. Our youngsters will develop in League One.

People can either get on board and support the team (the togetherness of our fans under Lambert is nothing short of phenomenal !), or continue the negative, destructive outlook. It makes people feel low to continue reading negative comments and whilst people all have their opinions, which is the more enjoyable to be around ? Positive vibes “ let’s give it a real go “, or continue with the moan, moan , moan gloom n doom outlook? Players do pick up on both outlooks . Which one is going to be the more effective in achieving our goal of promotion?

I know which side of the fence I’m on. Each to their own good luck with your individual choice!

COYBsss

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am

rossi wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am
My views about Evans are well known on this board - I see no reason to add to them.

It seems that this board contains the many (like Mike and Liz) who view the present situation with optimism for the future, claiming that Paul Lambert is the messiah who will transform the running of the club: and the few (like Mach and myself) who have been denouncing for years the way that Evans has been running the club and predicting a downward spiral which - at present at least - is materialising.

To me, the fact that so many people are prepared to grasp at straws (Paul Lambert, who apart from Norwich does not have a particularly good managerial record) shows exactly how far downward this club has actually spiralled. Has the owner finally learned his lesson? Has Paul Lambert finally shown him the light? From what I know of him and his personality, I doubt it.

I fully intend to keep out of all future debates on where we are heading, but my final word is that, next season, I consider relegation to League 2 to be far more likely than promotion to the Championship.
Rossi, do you fancy a £50 bet. You say Town will finish nearer relegation to League 2 and I say they will finisher nearer to promotion back to the Championship. You up for it? :D

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by rossi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:17 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 am
The thing is when you say something for years and years the chances are eventually you could be right, I expect you were saying it the seasons we finished 6th and 7th.
I think that if you bothered to check through my posts over the years (rather than just make an ill-founded speculative statement) you will find that I've been expressing the same view about ME and the direction he's been taking the club ever since he came on board.

I did slate him in the year we finished 6th, yes - I thought that our position at Xmas of that season warranted strengthening the squad in January, and had he have done so I'm sure we would have achieved automatic promotion. You seem to have conveniently forgotten the conversations we have had over the years about that period.

I'm sorry that my opinions seem to upset so many on this board, I'm sorry that what I consider to be realist opinions are perceived by so many to be negative and moaning. No, actually I'm not sorry - they are my opinions and I stand by them

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by rossi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am
rossi wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am
My views about Evans are well known on this board - I see no reason to add to them.

It seems that this board contains the many (like Mike and Liz) who view the present situation with optimism for the future, claiming that Paul Lambert is the messiah who will transform the running of the club: and the few (like Mach and myself) who have been denouncing for years the way that Evans has been running the club and predicting a downward spiral which - at present at least - is materialising.

To me, the fact that so many people are prepared to grasp at straws (Paul Lambert, who apart from Norwich does not have a particularly good managerial record) shows exactly how far downward this club has actually spiralled. Has the owner finally learned his lesson? Has Paul Lambert finally shown him the light? From what I know of him and his personality, I doubt it.

I fully intend to keep out of all future debates on where we are heading, but my final word is that, next season, I consider relegation to League 2 to be far more likely than promotion to the Championship.
Rossi, do you fancy a £50 bet. You say Town will finish nearer relegation to League 2 and I say they will finisher nearer to promotion back to the Championship. You up for it? :D
wow - only 2 weeks ago you were saying that we would rise like a phoenix and carry all before us, now you say merely that we will finish closer to promotion than relegation lol.
I would be prepared to make the bet, yes - but how do you propose to get my winnings to me when I win?

tangfastic
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by tangfastic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:06 pm

I’m definately far more happy to hitch a lift on Derrick’s Phoenix rather than Rossi’s Lead Balloon.

It’s unprecedented times for us ( unless we’re looking back to the late Fifties) ... so how do we know?

If we’d been getting hammered 4 or 5 nil every week I would be worried. It would feel like a club in meltdown, nosediving to wherever. But we’ve lacked quality more than anything else and that lack of quality should be re-addressed next year. We’ve been playing well lately. It’s too late for this season, but we’ve been holding our own against Championship sides, and some who could be playing in the PL next year. Suddenly, League 1 footballers and clubs are being bigged up a little too much and it’s just spreading fear. They’re there for a reason ... they’re lower quality teams with lower quality players . It could a tough baptism of fire, but I’d definately back us to be a top six side rather than a bottom six club given we’re already planning for League 1. Judges signing shows intention.

Mid-table obscurity is the worst for me... automatic promotion the best case scenario. I’ll take a punt at play-offs.... and also being a happier club next year.

Post Reply