Nice post from a Leicester fan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Nice post from a Leicester fan

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 am

Hi Tractor Boys and Girls,

I'm a Leicester fan but have a real soft spot for Ipswich for no real reason in fact would say they are my 2nd team. Despite that game in the snow a few years back and you having had a tosser like Roy Keane as manager!

I follow Ipswich's results, lurk on this forum a lot, watch the highlights of your games on Youtube have and even convinced my partner to spend Valentine's weekend in Ipswich a couple of years ago to see the place! Next on the list - actually getting to a game at Portman Road.

Anyway to the point I remember in the mid 00s we were in a similar situation to Ipswich - little funding in team, journeymen passing through the club, falling further away from promotion each year and eventually being relegated to League 1. It hurt like hell and there was a lot of bitterness, towards Ian Holloway and our owner at the time Milan Mandaric. But it shook up the club and I don't need to talk about the last decade at Leicester since that relegation.

So - feel you for all this morning, but flip side of coin, you've been in a gradual decline and sometimes it takes a major event like this relegation to shock people into action and change things around. If you can get the money grabbers and bogeymen to leave the club, keep the good'uns, get in hungry players with potential and rebuild the club, who knows what can happen when you start winning games regularly and build momentum. There's no guarantee it will go that way, but you only need look at us, Southampton, your friends down the road for instance after relegation to League 1.

All the best for next season - I'll be keeping a keen eye on how you're doing and hope to see you boys start winning games again. And down the road let's hope for a Leicester-Ipswich match in the Premier League in near future!

Good Luck!

ashfordblue

Re: Nice post from a Leicester fan

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Aww how sweet, thanks for your concerns Leicester fan,

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Got to have some admiration for them, that Championship win two or three years back was outstanding, one of the greatest feats the sport has offered. Add to that the helicopter incident more recent where the owner so tragically perished. It's good to see lesser teams doing well.

Take on board what was said, acknowledge the plaudits given. Probably same as us, at least in terms of club stature. (Both) Had a spell around the turn of the century where some very good teams were assembled, and minor achievements came to pass. Thanks for stopping by.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:07 am

Can’t speak for everyone but these types of sentiments usually have a “go fk yourself” type response....... but this was a really good one with plenty of reference to things that actually happened. Cheers Leicester fan.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am

Never really liked Leicester and still don't, but obviously not all their fans are a holes. Thanks to the fan above.