Season Tickets

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Season Tickets

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Last edited by derick_ipsw on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derick_ipsw

Re: Season Ticket Prices

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm
https://www.itfc.co.uk/ Good news
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -many-sold. Here's a break down.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Very decent considering, well done Evans and co on this occasion. For me to pay 14.47 for every home game is better than I expected and it could drop further if Town fans put their money where their mouths are and we hit targets !! Well happy. I don't think anyone can grumble at a 22.5% Reduction over this and next seasons.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

A nice touch by the club. Well done. Hopefully we sell a lot of season tickets and PR will be rockin in league 1. I will be partaking with my youngest lad.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 pm

They were hardly going to stay the same or let alone increase them. Some would argue it's a bit of a magnanimous gesture following the deficiencies of all before but for arguments sake guess congratulations are in order. I don't get to attend on a regular basis but even if able i.e. resided in the vicinity and had the time, not sure I would even take up the offer. Putting a hold on prices should the team see a promotion first opportunity was a nice touch, but how realistically do they envisage such a scenario could come to pass.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

In the past I have on occasions been critical of ITFC pricing structure.
However, regarding season tickets this time I think they have got it pretty much spot on. I know some people are still saying they should be cheaper but if they want them to be then go and purchase one so that the targets which have been set are met.
As bluemike said it works out at just over £14 per match for an adult ticket at the current price and considering I paid £15 to attend a pre-season friendly last year I don't think I can complain.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Although I won't be jetting in from Dubai to watch many games next year I reckon this is a very astute approach.

I like the idea that those who have already decided to buy STs now have a strong incentive to persuade those of their friends on the fence to go ahead and join in what could be a fun season in fact.

Clearly if that 14k target is made and we do get promoted then those who have bought for next season will be sitting pretty indeed for the following one.

It's nicely structured IMO and clearly ME is going to take a hit both this season and next, regardless of the outcome, which is a sign of deeper investment. So those who have started moaning that ME has already signalled a lack of future investment will need to do their maths better before repeating that.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:54 pm

im very happy with the way its been set up, i think its fair and also generous if we get good uptake.

Im probably in the minority (and i perfectly understand why others disagree for a number of reasons) the money side of it doesnt actually bother me too much. Ive been happy paying my £32 a month (or thereabouts) and id be happy to continue paying that money if it meant we had a larger budget for this season. However i very much appreciate the offer by the club and will of course be taking it up.

If we had 14,000 season ticket holders all paying current prices then that would really bolster our budget and so long as i could see where it was going id be happy.

But dont think im complaining about reductions, im really not! if it helps bolster numbers beyond this season that would be great, id love to try and get to that 12,000 mark

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Just to throw a curve ball, I wonder how many games next season will they have a special price £10 I think it was 7 this year so fans who cannot attend every game makes no sense to get a season ticket.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm

O'Neill said today there are likely to be fewer promotions of the type seen regularly in the second half of 2018/19 in the new season.
“I wouldn’t say never, that we would never do things like that but it’s not necessarily as high up on our plans as we did for this season when we did it from January forwards,” he said.

“The idea being that our focus is around the season tickets and trying to generate those ticket counts where possible for existing and new season ticket holders.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Good on him, tbh I hope there aren't any now.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Well done Town. They had to get this right, and I think they have . The media feedback from fans appears to be very favourable . So come on Town: RENEW or better still if you’ve not been recently buy one before the early bed discount goes .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Can't beat an early Bed discount !! :D :D

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Everyone buy a child’s ticket so it’s over 14,000 to get the discount then cancel the child’s ticket 7th May 😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Everyone buy a child’s ticket so it’s over 14,000 to get the discount then cancel the child’s ticket 7th May 😂
:lol: Bloody good idea that !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Hallam must've went to bed early........, where is the obligatory "bloody autocorrect" post?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Oh sodding predicted text ....... it IS the predicted text hooooonest guys !!!

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

The club have come up trumps on this based on what supporters have paid previously. However it will be interesting to see how the new price compares to the rest of league 1. I would imagine Ipswich season tickets will be one of the most expensive and possibly still greater than some Championship clubs?

The early bird price for me is right on the limit of what I can afford for 2 tickets, the additional discounts would make it more affordable. So people in my position may hold back to see how sales numbers develop before taking the plunge.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm
Oh sodding predicted text ....... it IS the predicted text hooooonest guys !!!
You could always read it before you send it? :lol:

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 am

Ando wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm
The club have come up trumps on this based on what supporters have paid previously. However it will be interesting to see how the new price compares to the rest of league 1. I would imagine Ipswich season tickets will be one of the most expensive and possibly still greater than some Championship clubs?

The early bird price for me is right on the limit of what I can afford for 2 tickets, the additional discounts would make it more affordable. So people in my position may hold back to see how sales numbers develop before taking the plunge.
Lincoln and Southend have already release prices... both more expensive than town.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:08 am

Lincoln? 😳

What is it with clubs that were recently in the “VAAAAAAAAA NA RAMA” doing great now? Luton heading for the championship...... Lincoln to League One.

I reckon a few Ipswich v Boreham Wood games could be the plan to turn things around. Would it still be 14 quid for a bovril & pie @ Aldershot?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 am

Just to put a different spin on things, if season tickets don't sell like PL wants them to, do you think this would be his opportunity for him to walk away?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am

Nah, he's more likely to buy us all one :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am

Well I now know of 6 people I work with who are all getting one for the first time, it's a start !!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am
Well I now know of 6 people I work with who are all getting one for the first time, it's a start !!
It’s great to here that. Out of interest, what was the reason they decided to get a ST? Surely, it couldn’t be the reduced price alone.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 pm

As a new (well Long long long time lapsed and returning) season ticket buyer , the reason I am getting one is the renewed joy that I experienced at matches towards the end of this season. The entertainment has returned, and that Is the sole reason I go to matches. Winning is to a large part secondary to me. Plus its probably the last year I will get that I can go with my youngest before he heads of to Uni next year....

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 pm

This could affect season ticket sales. Scotland have just sacked McLeish, could Lambert be in the frame for the job.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 pm

He may well be.... but I hope he would stay with us for at least one season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm

There’s quite a few names in the frame before you get to Lambert. Scott Gemmill, David Moyes, Craig Levin, Derick mcinnes, Steve Clarke to name a few. How would you sell Lambert to Scotland fans after we’ve been relegated with four games to go? It’s not Lambert’s fault and he’s done a great job in galvanising the club here, but I can’t see Scottish fans being receptive to this. From Lambert’s point of view, taking the Scotland job could well be a poisoned chalice too far if offered. He needs a mid to long term project to get his career back on the right path... the Town job seems to fit.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:25 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am
It’s great to here that. Out of interest, what was the reason they decided to get a ST? Surely, it couldn’t be the reduced price alone.
5 are returning casuals who got fed up under MM and who now want a ST for the first time at what they deem is a good price, another has a child who is now of an age to be left alone and who has decided to get his first ST, another just loves the feelgood factor and wants to commit, that's seven now.