Could this finally be curtains for Bolton Wanderers?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Could this finally be curtains for Bolton Wanderers?

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 pm

nicscreamer

Re: Could this finally be curtains for Bolton Wanderers?

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am

Wow! That’s a crazy situation to arise. You gotta feel for the fans.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:32 am

Whatever our club has gone through this season at least it's all been about football and not off field problems. What a mess if your a Bolton fan. Probably a points deduction on the way, but that will only serve to punish the fans and the new owners that take over so pointless really.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:43 am

I bet they'd give anything for Marcus Evans.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:53 am

Ando wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:32 am
Whatever our club has gone through this season at least it's all been about football and not off field problems. What a mess if your a Bolton fan. Probably a points deduction on the way, but that will only serve to punish the fans and the new owners that take over so pointless really.
Would a points reduction be for next season? That would be pointless ( no pun intended) if it’s for this season... they’re going down anyway.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:53 am
Ando wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:32 am
Would a points reduction be for next season? That would be pointless ( no pun intended) if it’s for this season... they’re going down anyway.
Suppose it would depend on when the hearing was. Just pleased it's not our club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 am

I think any points deduction would almost certainly have to be for next season, I think the punishment for this one could be heavy.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:46 am

I would imagine it would be like the administration deduction..... if you are already relegated, the points re deducted for the next season

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:48 am

Whatever the reason, I always find it very sad when any football club, especially one of the really old ones with a rich history, have problems like Bolton are experiencing. It somehow doesn't seem entirely fair considering the many millions of pounds sloshing around in the Premiership.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Yes they were big and established once but had their most recent glamor era back in the late 1950's. Haven't done much in the time since, the last occasion they won anything substantial even I can't recall.

A points deduction this season - however academic it would seem - could at least save ourselves from an end position in the league but as mentioned any points loss would most likely be implemented next season if it all.

Bottom line they got a few issues there but the club will continue to exist. Similar position to ourselves not only in league placing, (but) possessing an owner many fail to recognize or causing hostilities. Not enough money invested to make the team competitive and players on board that are nowhere near good enough. Shame to see from a neutral perspective but they'll continue as before in a lower league from August.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:09 pm

I think that's what happened to Luton. A 15 point deduction to start the season with. Tie that in with having no money and you don't stand much of a chance.

If that happens and they survive, at least we would be above them for a few games next season!😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Apparently Bolton have stated they are unable to fulfil their remaining fixtures.

So, how does this leave the Championship division ? Are ALL Bolton’s previous fixtures / results now scrubbed and every club that has played them has their points tally amended?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:14 pm
Apparently Bolton have stated they are unable to fulfil their remaining fixtures.

So, how does this leave the Championship division ? Are ALL Bolton’s previous fixtures / results now scrubbed and every club that has played them has their points tally amended?
Suspect the games would just be awarded to the other team as it would have no overall impact.

Bolton then in big trouble next season if they happen to still be in existence!