McCarthy spouting his Bile again

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

McCarthy spouting his Bile again

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 am

He just can't give it a rest, what right has he got to reveal to the press and media what percentage our players wages are going to be cut following relegation, give it a rest and STFU for crying out loud, any respect I had for him has evaporated, its dig after dig, and before you say it valley Road, I don't give a f*ck how good a manager you think he was/is, I backed him but he is making a real c*ck of himself.

hallamblue

Re: McCarthy spouting his Bile again

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 am

McCarthy is merely showing his true colours, and this is exactly why Town fans lost faith in him and why A FEW took it into their own hands to be more aggressive towards him at Brentford away last season. Evans should have acted , ie sacked McCarthy long before it got to that point.

McCarthy is consigned to history now. He built nothing at this Club. He was happy to take the easy £1m salary every year, and “ keep Town up”... mid table mediocrity . He built nothing!

Apparently Didsy said he was willing to stay at Town, but “ the Club didn’t want him”( I suspect due to his wages and constant injuries). Didsy said further, “ it was a kick up the backside he needed, because at Town, everything was comfortable. There was no pressure to win every game “,(like there is at Sheffield). “The Club were content with mid table “.

So that beggars the question. WHO was happy with that scenario? Evans ? McCarthy? It certainly wasn’t the fans.

All McCarthy is forever banging on about is how good he was at his job keeping Town up. True. But was this the ONLY remit from Evans? Under McCarthy this Club STAGNATED under McCarthy in terms of footballing quality, entertainment, connectivity with the fans. There was nothing being BUILT. Players contracts were allowed to run down, ( manager or owner? Or both? ).

Now if this is supposed to be all Evans fault (and not McCarthy), why is it so many things are now changing behind the scenes under Lambert’s regime? Eg the use of youngsters. The pursuit of cheaper ST prices, the unification of Club with fans? McCarthy never attempted any of this from memory!!

I also heard this weekend, ( Suffolk radio), that a personal friend of Waghorn’s rang into the studio and said Waggy didn’t want to leave the Club, but that Hurst didn’t want the player, because he didn’t know how he could use him in his team/ set up!! WTF ???

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 am

Edited post:
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 am
McCarthy is merely showing his true colours, and this is exactly why Town fans lost faith in him and why A FEW took it into their own hands to be more aggressive towards him at Brentford away last season. Evans should have acted , ie sacked McCarthy long before it got to that point.

The more McCarthy slates this Club and its fans off , the more he shows himself to be the petty, small minded , and very bitter man that he is ( frankly was during the last 2 seasons of his tenure), He HATEs the thought that he was shown the door, and that the paying public in Suffolk were listened to by the owner, and not him.

McCarthy is consigned to history now. He built nothing at this Club. He was happy to take the easy £1m salary every year, and “ keep Town up”... mid table mediocrity . He built nothing!

Apparently Didsy said he was willing to stay at Town, but “ the Club didn’t want him”( I suspect due to his wages and constant injuries). Didsy said further, “ it was a kick up the backside he needed, because at Town, everything was comfortable. There was no pressure to win every game “,(like there is at Sheffield). “The Club were content with mid table “.

So that beggars the question. WHO was happy with that scenario? Evans ? McCarthy? It certainly wasn’t the fans. Yet we are accused b6 the national media of “ being careful what we wish for”. How dare the customer demand a better product !

All McCarthy is forever banging on about is how good he was at his job keeping Town up. True. But was this the ONLY remit from Evans? Under McCarthy this Club STAGNATED under McCarthy in terms of footballing quality, entertainment, connectivity with the fans. There was nothing being BUILT. Players contracts were allowed to run down, ( manager or owner? Or both? ).

Now if this is supposed to be all Evans fault (and not McCarthy), why is it so many things are now changing behind the scenes under Lambert’s regime? Eg the use of youngsters. The pursuit of cheaper ST prices, the unification of Club with fans? McCarthy never attempted any of this from memory!!

I also heard this weekend, ( Suffolk radio), that a personal friend of Waghorn’s rang into the studio and said Waggy didn’t want to leave the Club, but that Hurst didn’t want the player, because he didn’t know how he could use him in his team/ set up!! WTF ???

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:55 am

I just find this bizarre that a highly experienced manager should mention wages of his former players. It seems unprecedented.

He never mentioned his own salary during his time here and I’m sure his bank balance is pretty healthy due to that.

If he cares so much about his players contracts, he could have also mentioned during his time here that it was imperative to keep us up so that the players wages wouldn’t get cut. I’m sure that would have made him even more popular. Where do the fans come into this... or are they just meaningless fodder who are there just to help pay players and the manager’s wages? Fans don’t turn up to watch football so they can pay for footballers houses, cars, WAGs and lifestyle.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am

Ffs this bloke just can't let things go.
Mick, you go on about the numbskulls, well may I suggest you take a look in the mirror as you're acting like one yourself now.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:00 pm

Even I have to agree. I still regret letting him go and I do have a different take on it to many on here but I really don't appreciate him going on about it.

The funny thing is, if it were me in his place I would have turned a new leaf some time ago and got on with finding the next job. Is there a possibility that he failed to get another appointment because of the reputation he got over his last few months at ITFC and it's a bit of sour grapes because of that?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm

I disliked Mick McCarthy before he came to Town, I learned to like him because of the way he saved us from almost certain relegation in his first season and I quite enjoyed some of his bizarre post match interviews. By the time he left us I disliked him passionately again and think the bloke is a complete disingenuous Northern scumbag with a disgraceful attitude.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:32 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 am
Edited post:

[quote=hallamblue post_id=957832 time=<a href="tel:1556443562">1556443562</a> user_id=408]

The more McCarthy slates this Club and its fans off , the more he shows himself to be the petty, small minded , and very bitter man that he is ( frankly was during the last 2 seasons of his tenure), He HATEs the thought that he was shown the door, and that the paying public in Suffolk were listened to by the owner, and not him.

So that beggars the question. WHO was happy with that scenario? Evans ? McCarthy? It certainly wasn’t the fans. Yet we are accused b6 the national media of “ being careful what we wish for”. How dare the customer demand a better product !

Not a truer word said. It's all about him, he's using the club fortunes to promote himself and those outside the club fall for it.

If the part about Waghorn is true then PH was clearly out of his depth

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:41 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:32 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 am
Edited post:

[quote=hallamblue post_id=957832 time=<a href="tel:1556443562">1556443562</a> user_id=408]

Not a truer word said. It's all about him, he's using the club fortunes to promote himself and those outside the club fall for it.

If the part about Waghorn is true then PH was clearly out of his depth

I think Paul Hurst was out of his depth in every respect.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:00 pm
Even I have to agree. I still regret letting him go and I do have a different take on it to many on here but I really don't appreciate him going on about it.

The funny thing is, if it were me in his place I would have turned a new leaf some time ago and got on with finding the next job. Is there a possibility that he failed to get another appointment because of the reputation he got over his last few months at ITFC and it's a bit of sour grapes because of that?
To be honest MM is doing his professional image irreparable damage which may well impact on his future employability.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:44 pm

doesn't this break confidentialities of contracts, I know i'd be pissed if my boss let everyone know whats in my contract.

also, he's telling other clubs that players would move for less rather than lose 50-60% of their wages.
I really think he's doing this to destroy the club. and any chance of us recovering from this relegation.

GROW THE f*ck UP Mick

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:58 pm

"That man can rot in hell, for all I care!"

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Who is he talking about anyway? Obviously, Chambers and Skuse... and possibly Bart. The others have left or their contracts have run down.

We’re talking about players who are in their thirties who should have made their money in football anyway... and have the option to look elsewhere for a club paying what Mick thinks is right.

If I was Chambers or Skuse I would be seriously pissed off. They have every right to talk amongst themselves about pay cuts, but they wouldn’t dare mention this in public or every fan would be right down their throats saying they deserve no less. Just stirring the pot which is pathetic.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Got notice of this on TWTD yesterday but declined to comment. I've just about divorced myself from the individual, seems he's got an ax to grind with the club and some personal issues but he's yesterday's man.

Does himself no favors sometimes with his occasional parting shots towards what seems all and sundry within this club set-up but maybe people should learn to oversee it and move on. I think vindictive is the operative term to encapsulate McCarthy now, feels obvious resentment as to his departure here and never misses an opportunity to twist the knife. You had one good season here and the rest in the main, were total horseshit - anything McCarthy (now) claims or discloses can never amend the mess he left behind.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Unfortunately, the football world does not operate in the same way as the real world, so expectations about loss of income for poor performance etc do not (unfortunately) match against what we would expect in our 'normal' worlds. They should be getting pay cuts and they signed the contracts so need to get over it.

A classic example of this is Danny Rose. I had much sympathy for him and Sterling after the abuse they got in Montenegro and I agree with them that the punishment from FIFA is nowhere near enough - however, my sympathy then faded when Rose went on to say that the punishment (around £17K) was 'less than I would spend on a night out in London'. At that point, he lost all credibility with me and it just shows the mindset some of these people have.

MM is clearly more bitter than I ever imagined and has not yet let us go - his loss, not ours.

We move on - COYB's!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Spot on BW !

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 pm
Unfortunately, the football world does not operate in the same way as the real world, so expectations about loss of income for poor performance etc do not (unfortunately) match against what we would expect in our 'normal' worlds. They should be getting pay cuts and they signed the contracts so need to get over it.

A classic example of this is Danny Rose. I had much sympathy for him and Sterling after the abuse they got in Montenegro and I agree with them that the punishment from FIFA is nowhere near enough - however, my sympathy then faded when Rose went on to say that the punishment (around £17K) was 'less than I would spend on a night out in London'. At that point, he lost all credibility with me and it just shows the mindset some of these people have.

MM is clearly more bitter than I ever imagined and has not yet let us go - his loss, not ours.

We move on - COYB's!

I believe Mick was more hurt than bitter on how it ended at Ipswich than you lot realise, I can understand all the Towns anti Mick quotes but he's a better man than they think. personally I will stand by Mick for what he did at the Wolves, and respect your opinions but he never stood a chance

your post on the rest of it is spot on, footballers rarely have brains do they.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:13 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 pm
I believe Mick was more hurt than bitter on how it ended at Ipswich than you lot realise, I can understand all the Towns anti Mick quotes but he's a better man than they think. personally I will stand by Mick for what he did at the Wolves, and respect your opinions but he never stood a chance

I think this assessment is correct.

McCarthy keeps getting asked about our situation. He is not the one raising the issue. I think he feels he did a good job for us while working under severe constraints. I think he did too.

I don't agree with those who condemn him for being happy to take his generous salary and keep us in ' mid table mediocrity'. I don't know what his mind set was, and neither does anyone else (apart from the people directly involved).

I read his comments as him being genuinely saddened that we have been relegated. I think he is sincere when he says we are a great club. His comments regarding the players strike me also as being sincere. Even though his relationship with the fans was irredeemable by end, and it was time for him to go, his relationship with the players was mutually strong right up to his departure.

Yes, it was time for him to go but I will admit to always having like him. The football was horrible to watch in the last couple of seasons but he was a manager that knew how to set a team up to get results. People got fed up with the perception of lack of ambition. Fair enough, but our two managers this season have failed utterly to get results and that has cost us dearly.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:14 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:13 pm
goldandblack wrote:

McCarthy keeps getting asked about our situation. He is not the one raising the issue. I think he feels he did a good job for us while working under severe constraints. I think he did too.

I don't agree with those who condemn him for being happy to take his generous salary and keep us in ' mid table mediocrity'. I don't know what his mind set was, and neither does anyone else (apart from the people directly involved).

I read his comments as him being genuinely saddened that we have been relegated. I think he is sincere when he says we are a great club. His comments regarding the players strike me also as being sincere. Even though his relationship with the fans was irredeemable by end, and it was time for him to go, his relationship with the players was mutually strong right up to his departure.

Yes, it was time for him to go but I will admit to always having like him. The football was horrible to watch in the last couple of seasons but he was a manager that knew how to set a team up to get results. People got fed up with the perception of lack of ambition. Fair enough, but our two managers this season have failed utterly to get results and that has cost us dearly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am

So he doesn't have the sense to turn around and say "it's not for me to comment on players wages, you shouldn't be asking me that" ? The truth is he can't wait to comment on anything that is detrimental to Town now. I backed Mick when I thought the numbskulks were bang out of order, never did I imagine he would turn into one.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:45 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:14 pm
MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:13 pm
goldandblack wrote:

I think Mick says a lot of stuff tongue in cheek and rightly folk take it the wrong way, when he got us in the premier he kept to the side that got us there but was let down by the owner, after a couple of seasons and some bad signings ( although great signings on paper) he said the football wasn't going to be pretty if we were to stay in the premier, we had fans that turned on him and got him the sack. end result was 2 relegations on the trot. fans seem to forget the academy he set up and the players that are still coming through that.

He took Sunderland up and false promises from the owners, look where they ended up.

he took Millwall up and the same false promises, if I was Mick I and most on here would get the hump.

he took Ireland to the World Cup. will never happen again

the difference at Ipswich was he was asked by your owner to come there and help the Town to survive that season which he did on a shoe string. (he didn't apply for the job) how he got you in the play offs I will never know.
I agree it was time for him to go,but he could only work with the players he had. he did well to get some good loan signing but couldn't or wasn't allowed to keep them.

Anyway that's all in the past and I think Paul Lambert will bring you back and hopefully given time and also back where you belong in the Premier. (how else am I going to get those beers off Hallam and Bluemike they owe me.)

I wish you and all yours well Massey Ferguson COYB. just putting me hard hat on for the crossfire, LOL.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am
So he doesn't have the sense to turn around and say "it's not for me to comment on players wages, you shouldn't be asking me that" ? The truth is he can't wait to comment on anything that is detrimental to Town now. I backed Mick when I thought the numbskulks were bang out of order, never did I imagine he would turn into one.
Yes you were 100% behind Mick and no disrespect for your comments now mate, plus you travel this country supporting your club so you have a lot more right to say your opinions than I ever will..... this time next year your be getting ready for the street parties.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:18 pm

It really boils down to the fact that us country bumpkins had the nerve to say we don’t want you o mighty one! I don’t think he has got over that,so now he has to spout on about how bad we were to him and of course his journo mates love to hear him out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:52 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am
Yes you were 100% behind Mick and no disrespect for your comments now mate, plus you travel this country supporting your club so you have a lot more right to say your opinions than I ever will..... this time next year your be getting ready for the street parties.
I don't take pleasure from feeling the way I now do trust me, I liked Mick but enough is enough.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:13 pm

bluejacko wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:18 pm
It really boils down to the fact that us country bumpkins had the nerve to say we don’t want you o mighty one! I don’t think he has got over that,so now he has to spout on about how bad we were to him and of course his journo mates love to hear him out.
I agree with that. GnB said it earlier... he ‘helped’ us out. That’s very nice of him, but he did get paid very handsomely. We don’t need telling how good he was ... he told us how good he was and is still doing it. A man who was far too good for this club and knew it. Not really sure why he’s talking about his ex-players lost wages, though? Nothing really to do with him and a bit beneath him since he should be concentrating on beating teams like Gibraltar more convincingly.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:59 pm
Who is he talking about anyway? Obviously, Chambers and Skuse... and possibly Bart. The others have left or their contracts have run down.

We’re talking about players who are in their thirties who should have made their money in football anyway... and have the option to look elsewhere for a club paying what Mick thinks is right.

If I was Chambers or Skuse I would be seriously pissed off. They have every right to talk amongst themselves about pay cuts, but they wouldn’t dare mention this in public or every fan would be right down their throats saying they deserve no less. Just stirring the pot which is pathetic.
don't pick on me Tang,or you could be having a visit from https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... th-fulham/ :wink:

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Maybe MM needs to look at how the season ticket sales are up. I'm sure many of the "new" sales are actually people returning now that he has gone. It's not the quality of the opposition that matters, it's the entertainment our own players might provide.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm
tangfastic wrote:

don't pick on me Tang,or you could be having a visit from https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... th-fulham/ :wink:
Ha ha... I think you wanted some reaction, really. :) Forget the tin hat, get a Mexican wrestling mask. Mind you, it wasn’t a good omen in the semi-final... Troy Deeney wasn’t impressed.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm
tangfastic wrote:

Ha ha... I think you wanted some reaction, really. :) Forget the tin hat, get a Mexican wrestling mask. Mind you, it wasn’t a good omen in the semi-final... Troy Deeney wasn’t impressed.
I was just acting as MM & Clipboards defence,anyway on a serious note losing that semi had nothing to do with the mask, we lost because that's exactly what Wolves have always done, (with help from a ref) when we went 2-0 up I thought there's got to be a punchline, and there sure was. but note we didn't sack Nuno, :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed May 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 pm
Maybe MM needs to look at how the season ticket sales are up. I'm sure many of the "new" sales are actually people returning now that he has gone. It's not the quality of the opposition that matters, it's the entertainment our own players might provide.

I was reading about you season ticket sales that's great news, and expected.
should be a good season with some good old grounds to visit or re-visit for the blues, we had fun while down there, averaged 20k with 3/4 30k att.
your set 103 points to beat our record. that's the challenge. :wink: