Ajax vs Spurs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Ajax vs Spurs

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 08, 2019 10:14 pm

WOW, another awesome fight back . Well played Spurs .

An All English Champions League final it is then!!

arana peligrosa

Re: Ajax vs Spurs

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Unless Madrid are involved I don't care much for continental soccer : but how the f*ck do teams manage to give away such commanding leads and position ? Not only this one but also last night's horseshit. Teams get complacent, think it's a done deal, attention turns to the next round and they go and f*ck everything up a direct result of it.

Wanted the Amsterdam team to win of the four that remained, would have been (for one thing) a fitting tribute for the late Johan Cruyff. A different name of the trophy after recent years would have been welcome also. Guess Spurs deserve their moment, any team that eliminates Manchester City over two games has to be useful. Not going to be impartial, hope they win it outright over the 'other opposition' taking part. Arguably the best team put together since the early 60's with names that read such as White, MacKay, Greaves, Blanchflower, Dyson etc.

Disappointed, but sh*t will happen.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 am

What a game.... and I missed the winner because I switched over when the clock hit 94 minutes and Spurs ‘last’ move broke down.

Maybe a cautionary note to Town fans.... Ajax fans were singing “Three Little birds” at half time ( every little thing gonna be alright) when they’re 3-0 up. Maybe a song when you’re down and trying to pick yourself up... and not for showboating and celebrating too early.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 am

saint jude wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:36 pm
White, MacKay
Yep, I’m sure Whyte & Mackay was never too far away from a Spurs dressing room.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 am

Will be hoping Spurs win the final as they were the team I followed as a young kid.
Remember going to the Lane back in the 60’s and watching players such as Greaves, Chivers, Gilzean, Jennings and Mackay. For their fans in the ground last night it will certainly be something they will never forget.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 pm

I think Liverpool deserve something out of this season. They have been phenomenal tbf.

Ps : I was actually a Liverpool fan before I supported Town, ( when I was a kid) . That was in the days of Stevie Highway, Toshack, Keegan, “Crazy Horse” Emlyn Hughes, Ian St John to name but a few. TWTD !!