Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Hull linked with Edwards.

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm

According to TWTD I'm not sure about it but if the money was right and if it was used to strengthen then I'm OK with it.👍

nicscreamer

Re: Hull linked with Edwards.

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Any kind of assets we have will likely be of interest to Championships sides. Edwards blew hot for a few months, cold for a few, then hot again... Would be a shame to see him go, but nothing more than expected. Its going to be a off season of lots of squad changes

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Maybe it has been a bit premature to start looking at players to offload and the ones we keep for next season as we could get offers for our better players.... or ones with potential.
I guess the players’ agents won’t be going on holiday and they’ll be working hard to get better contracts.

Hopefully, we can hold on to our Player of the Year and at least he can’t walk away for free now he’s got a new contract.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm

From a defensive point of view he's a liability and as already stated blows hot and cold, would rather keep him but no sleep lost here should he depart !!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

I've commited the cardinal sin, looked at the comments regarding Edwards on TWTD by the fucktards that when added together still total a single digit IQ, how can people be so dense!! Just because a website posts a story they all wade in blaming the club and owner again for selling off our better (questionable) players !! Nothing official at all as yet but the morons can't help themselves, something may come of it, who knows but the utter ignorance of these pricks gets to me big time, there isn't a decent bloody comment among them. I must not read that bile. If McCarthy got one thing right at this club its the numbskulls comment.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu May 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Was Edwards our top scorer? I think we need to keep him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Dunno was he ? Him or Sears I expect.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu May 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm
From a defensive point of view he's a liability and as already stated blows hot and cold, would rather keep him but no sleep lost here should he depart !!
I agree. Without stating the obvious, we need to get rid of those who are substandard but risk losing the better players as they are the ones other clubs will want.

It will be a very interesting close season; we might get rid of a few or have a big turnover. There are certainly a few i'd be more sorry to lose than Edwards. I guess at the end of the day it's the same story - if the offer is good we have to take it.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Post by Frosty » Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Here we go chaps.

I declare the main bollocks thread of the season open! :wink:

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri May 10, 2019 11:44 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 pm
Dunno was he ? Him or Sears I expect.
Both scored 6 each. That tells its own story

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 10, 2019 11:59 am

Terrible lol

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 pm

I personally don’t like Edwards - probably after his “ sulk” in the stands at Forest when he totally ignored fans who wanted to say hello & wish him well for the rest of the season. He had a face like a slapped arse the whole game. The other five Town players were happy to cheer the lads on the pitch, and have pics taken with young fans intermittently. Edwards didn’t cover himself in glory that day that’s for sure.

On the pitch, he’s a typical winger. A few games unplayable, followed by weeks of going missing. I’m really not tat fussed if he stays or goes.

doobs

Post by doobs » Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm
I've commited the cardinal sin, looked at the comments regarding Edwards on TWTD by the fucktards that when added together still total a single digit IQ, how can people be so dense!! Just because a website posts a story they all wade in blaming the club and owner again for selling off our better (questionable) players !! Nothing official at all as yet but the morons can't help themselves, something may come of it, who knows but the utter ignorance of these pricks gets to me big time, there isn't a decent bloody comment among them. I must not read that bile. If McCarthy got one thing right at this club its the numbskulls comment.
I will probably get shot down for this and don't post on here very often - but I don't think the wording of the above post is very responsible or an example of good behaviour by the "global moderator"!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:40 pm

I suppose it’s all about perception. Were you offended by the comments, doobs?

If you do lurk on here, you’ll know Mike has very passionate opinions that sometimes spill over. Not saying his opinion is more valid than others but he does have a wealth of actual visual knowledge. Think he attended near 44/46 games and I suppose when he reads stuff that he feels is bollocks, he’ll say.

But as said, , it’s all about perception........ what it forced me to do was go read it for myself! 😂 Mike was actually advertising the TWTD machine to me!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm

doobs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
I will probably get shot down for this and don't post on here very often - but I don't think the wording of the above post is very responsible or an example of good behaviour by the "global moderator"!
Sorry but I don't give a toss what you think tbh, if it was from a person that uses the forum it may JUST bother me a little bit, the day I am not free to air my views I will happily step down as a Mod, said this before, maybe it hit a nerve.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 pm

doobs wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
You don’t often post yet decided to post that? Never the less always good to get to know a casual poster.

Edited By Frosty

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri May 10, 2019 6:30 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:40 pm
Any kind of assets we have will likely be of interest to Championships sides. Edwards blew hot for a few months, cold for a few, then hot again... Would be a shame to see him go, but nothing more than expected. Its going to be a off season of lots of squad changes
Agree, a shame to see him go but could we get a better replacement? Of course. Stick or twist, not sure it will matter.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 10, 2019 6:39 pm

In many ways the League 1 players who we bought are proven in a league we have no idea about. How are the youngsters going to deal with it or the older pros (Chambers, Skuse)?

I’d try and keep these players if possible as they’re the ones who at least have been there before.

doobs

Post by doobs » Fri May 10, 2019 7:27 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 pm
doobs wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
And your response is exactly why I normally read but don't post, but as you asked the question, none as I don't know Phil and have no inclination to take part in any of your suggestions!

edited by Frosty

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Come on, guys ..... ( <——- the most important comma you’ll ever see) ....... stop this pish before it starts. It only pushes more “numbskulls” away!!

And who the fk is phil?

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat May 11, 2019 7:14 am

doobs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:27 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 pm
doobs wrote:

You don’t often post yet decided to post that? Never the less always good to get to know a casual poster. Question one: Out of interest is it your nose, finger or c*ck up ’Phils’ arse?
And your response is exactly why I normally read but don't post, but as you asked the question, none as I don't know Phil and have no inclination to take part in any of your suggestions!
Predictable response to try and push the blame as to why you don’t post. You don’t post because you have no interest in posting. Had you of been a regular or semi regular poster then your comment would have been ignored, being someone who never posts it simply wasn’t welcome.

edited by Frosty

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 11, 2019 8:31 am

Doobs: how long have you been following Town ? Never , ever seen you post on here before.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 11, 2019 8:35 am

OK, best we leave this convo here and get back to the transfer thread, but I will say one thing, I completely stand by my post regarding TWTD posters and the bile they spew out over every single thread, they are everything that is wrong with our club in recent times and I will argue it forever and a day, add to that if someone comes for me they will get a double barrelled reply if I don't like the tone of their comments, especially someone who adds nothing to the forum, had I aimed my comments at people on Tractor-Boys then maybe I could understand it but it wasn't, I can only repeat that maybe I hit a chord and that is where you post so if the cap fits and all that, I am sure there are a few decent posters on there too but on that thread it was numbskull all the way at the time I commented. I also think it is a cheap shot at bringing up the "Moderator" bullshit, I would do what I do for Frosty and the forum without such a title so if you have an issue PM Frosty, or better still get up a petition and march on parliament or something. Unless someone comes for me again then that's my last word on this utter nonsense.

Right back to the transfers.........

Anyone watch Norwood for Tranmere last night and if so any thoughts ? I was otherwise engaged.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 am

I have said a few times that TWTD is full of crap. Its full of armchair based keyboard warriors who just want to moan. Some of the stories they keep referring back to (like mccarthy's comments) are just meant to inflame the sort of responses they get and should, in my biew, be avoided but thats up to the people that run the sute i guess. I look at it to bet the first sight of many stories but other than that, just ignore the comments as they are indeed the breeding ground of 'numbskulls'. As for transfers, I am keen to see who goes first as that will give us a view of what PL has seen behind the scenes and on the training ground. It will then enable us to speculate more on where we need people in. I didn't see Norwood but am looking forward to more of the League 1 play offs to see what the type of play is we should expect. Onwards and sideways we go!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 am

How much credibility is there that Norwood is likely to sign for us? Is it just rumours or something with more substance?

If he is hot property.... are we really that kind of team that could persuade him to come here?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 am

Great scoring record for Tranmere. 162 (82)

162 goals in only 82 games?

No, wait. Reverse that!

Knows where the net is. Enticing Norwood to Portman Road would be very good work indeed.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 am

If he is hot property.... are we really that kind of team that could persuade him to come here?
I suppose it's a combenation of factors that persuades players to clubs. Of course money is a big factor however, I think PL would be very good at selling the club to players and I think the support shown by the fans this season would also have some sway.

I am sure he would come to Ipswich instead of Tranmere but it depends on interest from other clubs. If there is truth in it, go out and try and get it done early.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat May 11, 2019 10:01 am

Ando wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 am

I suppose it's a combenation of factors that persuades players to clubs. Of course money is a big factor however, I think PL would be very good at selling the club to players and I think the support shown by the fans this season would also have some sway.

I am sure he would come to Ipswich instead of Tranmere but it depends on interest from other clubs. If there is truth in it, go out and try and get it done early.
Yes, we are a step up from Tranmere, but, as you say, it depends if we’re among other clubs interested in him. We’ll see about PL’s persuasive powers... getting Judge to sign was very Positive ...and Chambo keeps a happy changing room. Would be better for us if Tranmere got knocked out of the PO’s so we don’t have to hang around and it’s better to negotiate with a League 2 team than League 1....IF we are interested in him.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Quite agree with all that tang! It’s a gamble getting any player in , especially if it’s from a lower division.

For every 100 Sam Parkins, theres 1 Jamie Vardy I suppose!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat May 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Can understand that sentiment, but we need people like you here Elizabeth. Not sure what occurred here, some "participant" with a handful of posts over a dozen years that stated something that was rather innocuous (subsequently) blown out of all proportion. For the record Those Were The Days does have it's share of idiots but isn't that the same with most fan forums.

Bear in mind a few from The Pink Un manage to get on (usually undetected) and stir things up (masquerading as Town fans and awaiting a response of such) so all that goes on over there isn't always our own doing. All said it's all right if you accept it for what it is. (Incidentally "Phil" could be Phil Ham, TWTD Editor)

Moving on from this movie of the day, I don't take much notice in the way of transfer rumors. They invariably come to nothing, prepared to wait until actual confirmation comes through that action has taken place. There's so many areas of the team that need adjustment that can only allow each day to pass without getting ahead of ourselves and wondering what might be, or expectations that prove ultimately hollow.