Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:11 am
There is little chance of Judge being here for the season ahead, if not QPR then someone else will come in for him.
I do question Mccarthy being involved in some way behind the scenes ..., quiet little word in Judges ear , “ your chances of being in the squad and playing will be much more likely if you’re playing championship football next season” . The barstard has an axe to grind where Town are concerned and hasn’t shut his trap about our Club since he left.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 pm

I'd never blame a player for wanting to go to higher level and no doubt more money. Many of us in our working lives would go to a different employer if it was better work and more money. The smart move was giving him.a contract -assuming anything we get for him exceeds his wages to date. I'd hoped he'd stay as we need some decent experienced players.

Regarding Dozzell, I can't realistically see him featuring much in the prem. If he goes it'll be for the money and no doubt s belief that he should have featured more last season.

I have mixed feelings about our youngsters. I agree with Mach that many of them aren't good enough. But they never will be without the opportunity to play at that level. Norwich's success had been based on bringing on the youngsters and selling them for decent money. We rarely seem to manage that for one reason or another.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Jon Guthrie ex Walsall training with Town over 200 games played, 26 years old 6 ft 3 ins payed over 40 games last season.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 pm
Jon Guthrie ex Walsall training with Town over 200 games played, 26 years old 6 ft 3 ins payed over 40 games last season.
Do you know what position he plays?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:42 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Do you know what position he plays?
Central defender.👍

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 pm

OSHILAJA JOINS CHARLTON

Charlton Athletic have signed defender Deji Oshilaja on a two-year contract.

The 26-year-old joins the club following the expiration of his contract at AFC Wimbledon where he has spent the last two seasons, captaining the side during the 2018/19 campaign.

The player we were interested in last season, I was pleased at the time we didn't sign him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Oh the joy !!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:18 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 pm

.... But they never will be without the opportunity to play at that level. Norwich's success had been based on bringing on the youngsters and selling them for decent money. We rarely seem to manage that for one reason or another.
Maybe that’s because the close shop that the PL is, keeps moving the goal posts for Clubs like Town to have their Academy upgraded to Cat One (unlike scum). So Clubs such as Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal come down to our academy games and cherry pick our brightest youngsters, stealing them essentially for sod all recompense for the development / money that ITFC have invested in these talents.

It’s about time Clubs were made to pay a realistic fee AND have onward payments when these players “ make it” to the senior squads.

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. Sky money has killed the game . Clubs ( bar the top 5-6) in the PL are not “ better” Clubs, they are Clubs that enjoy £200+m sky money ... and become part of the sky club network. This creates a monumental inequity within the game now which is NEVER overcome by Clubs like Town . Evans can’t match sky money - he knows this and stopped trying too.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:18 pm
Andym wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 pm

.... But they never will be without the opportunity to play at that level. Norwich's success had been based on bringing on the youngsters and selling them for decent money. We rarely seem to manage that for one reason or another.
Maybe that’s because the close shop that the PL is, keeps moving the goal posts for Clubs like Town to have their Academy upgraded to Cat One (unlike scum). So Clubs such as Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal come down to our academy games and cherry pick our brightest youngsters, stealing them essentially for sod all recompense for the development / money that ITFC have invested in these talents.

It’s about time Clubs were made to pay a realistic fee AND have onward payments when these players “ make it” to the senior squads.

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. Sky money has killed the game . Clubs ( bar the top 5-6) in the PL are not “ better” Clubs, they are Clubs that enjoy £200+m sky money ... and become part of the sky club network. This creates a monumental inequity within the game now which is NEVER overcome by Clubs like Town . Evans can’t match sky money - he knows this and stopped trying too.
It’s true that the football authorities shouldn’t allow bigger clubs to cherry pick the best crop of youngsters. It’s not a level playing field.
I can’t help feel though that the youngsters that were picked off were years away from the first team. Also, we’ve been given 750k - 1 million for these players (15-16 year olds), whereas we’re now selling experienced pros like Harrison and maybe Judge for 450k - 750k.
Until now, We’ve had plenty of youngsters get first team game time, but hardly ever become a regular or push on. Maybe ... they’re just not good enough and/or not given enough opportunities or the coaching is not good enough. Time for these young players to prove themselves in League 1. If not, then we might as well take the 1 million quid compensation for a 16 year old as it’s money in the bank and a few years down the line they get released for nothing.
Up to now, our academy hasn’t been supporting the first team enough. Time for that to change.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am

:roll: As an example re our academy youth players, they said this about Rhodes, Marriot, Matt Clarke etc, just not good enough, Yeh right where did they end up, that's right, at top clubs, 2 scoring goals freely, the other a decent CH, oh to have a manager with the insight of Sir Bobby, I fear we as a club, are destined for the survival at this mediocre level for some time to come, unless we find someone, or a rich consortium, who wants to buy our club and pump loads of dosh in, of which I don't foresee, there's more chance of the Pope getting married, we could end up like BURY, BOLTON, NOTTS COUNTY, etc, clubs that were forma founders of the football league, struggling through mismanagement and a low fan base, its a sad fact :cry: :cry: unless we have a miracle happen, or a Buyer who wants to invest in our future, we will be an also ran club, like many other clubs who are now in the lower leagues fighting for survival, and like us flogging off our youth talent just to tick over, and only employing lower grade loan players, and just keep saying one day maybe one day it will happen.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am
:roll: As an example re our academy youth players, they said this about Rhodes, Marriot, Matt Clarke etc, just not good enough, Yeh right where did they end up, that's right, at top clubs, 2 scoring goals freely, the other a decent CH, oh to have a manager with the insight of Sir Bobby, I fear we as a club, are destined for the survival at this mediocre level for some time to come, unless we find someone, or a rich consortium, who wants to buy our club and pump loads of dosh in, of which I don't foresee, there's more chance of the Pope getting married, we could end up like BURY, BOLTON, NOTTS COUNTY, etc, clubs that were forma founders of the football league, struggling through mismanagement and a low fan base, its a sad fact :cry: :cry: unless we have a miracle happen, or a Buyer who wants to invest in our future, we will be an also ran club, like many other clubs who are now in the lower leagues fighting for survival, and like us flogging off our youth talent just to tick over, and only employing lower grade loan players, and just keep saying one day maybe one day it will happen.
These players went down a League or two when they left us. Other lower league clubs developed them - NOT US - before they went on to better things. All these players never contributed to the first team as well. Not slagging of the club, but something’s amiss there... we need to be better at developing them. I’m not sure we’re flogging of our youth as we usually release them.

Trying to be positive, maybe League 1 is the best environment for them to progress.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

Think Marriott definitely benefitted from the drop down to Woking and other clubs...... but with Ash on the Rhodes suggestion. That lad may have had a bit more natural talent and helped the cause massively if played a lot more....... before getting overweight and sloppy!

All history though and who G’s AF!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:45 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am
These players went down a League or two when they left us. Other lower league clubs developed them - NOT US - before they went on to better things. All these players never contributed to the first team as well. Not slagging of the club, but something’s amiss there... we need to be better at developing them. I’m not sure we’re flogging of our youth as we usually release them.

Trying to be positive, maybe League 1 is the best environment for them to progress.

Strange you should say that, (Last paragraph) because I’d been thinking exactly the same thing. We have an ideal opportunity to bring on several youngsters en bloc this season. I think PL s thinking the same thing, because he’s said the follow things

“ the kids are going to have to step up to the plate”

“It may take a couple of seasons”

“ we are trying to build something here “

“ they are a very young squad, they will make mistakes”

“ no player is going to just walk out the door “

There will be one or two leave , there always is. But the squad as a whole , for League One I don’t think will be a millions miles away from it if we can bolster the defence .

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:47 pm

All the players referred to did not have a clear pathway to the first team and were moved on by managers looking for a quick fix. This has now changed and I agree the so called step down and the direction of travel the club is now facing should allow our youngsters to develop for the benefit of our club and not someone else’s. even if that means a bigger fee when they are poached by bigger clubs for doing well.

Another reason why whatever the season brings we must ALL stand by Lambert and give them a chance. Rather this than back to most of the last 10 years or so.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Ando wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:47 pm
All the players referred to did not have a clear pathway to the first team and were moved on by managers looking for a quick fix. This has now changed and I agree the so called step down and the direction of travel the club is now facing should allow our youngsters to develop for the benefit of our club and not someone else’s. even if that means a bigger fee when they are poached by bigger clubs for doing well.

Another reason why whatever the season brings we must ALL stand by Lambert and give them a chance. Rather this than back to most of the last 10 years or so.
That's what I meant about Norwich. That's what they've done.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm

It seems we want Josh Cogley a right back from Birmingham on loan 18 appearances in 4 years, oh dear what next😞

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 am

Bear in mind Lambert said he would be looking for young recruits to develop , as well as our own academy players. He’s looking further ahead than just this season. Keep the faith 😁👍

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm
It seems we want Josh Cogley a right back from Birmingham on loan 18 appearances in 4 years, oh dear what next😞
This guy is 23 and has only played 18 times. I don’t get this.

We’ve got Donacien, Emmanuel, Cotter and Dylan Crowe. Woolfenden can play RB and did for Swindon. What’s the point of bringing in another one who hasn’t done anything yet. We need to know if Donacien or Emanuel are good enough. If Lambert doesnt fancy them he should have offloaded already.

I’d like to see another striker as well as a CB... and if we go for a RB... then a proven one.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:48 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm
This guy is 23 and has only played 18 times. I don’t get this.

We’ve got Donacien, Emmanuel, Cotter and Dylan Crowe. Woolfenden can play RB and did for Swindon. What’s the point of bringing in another one who hasn’t done anything yet. We need to know if Donacien or Emanuel are good enough. If Lambert doesnt fancy them he should have offloaded already.

I’d like to see another striker as well as a CB... and if we go for a RB... then a proven one.

Agree with you and PL said he didn't want many loans and any he gets in should be experienced IMO.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:58 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-boss- ... -1-6180818

The 'long-pauses' are very interesting indeed...

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Seems like hes as frustrated as we are. No real change from when MM was here and even before.....

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:20 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:10 pm
Seems like hes as frustrated as we are. No real change from when MM was here and even before.....
Yep. Don’t want to be overly negative, (can absolutely promise that) ..... but that report seems like it’s dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s of Mach’s posts.

Incredibly Shyte vibe from that report.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Oh ffs , do you know what, Fans can gripe all they like about Evans...NOTHING is going to change until Evans says so.

So people need to either stay behind the squad or stump up the millions required to buy Evans out.

It really is that simple.

I get sick and tired of seeing the same individual(S), rant and rave on forums and FB, saying the same shyte day in day out.

Just Shut the f*ck up on social media . It’s boring and so predictable. If you want to rant about Town, aim your rant at Marcus Evans personally. Address your issues to HIM. Stop moaning all the f**king time on here , TWTD and FB. Or go and support another club if you really cant face the facts for what they are at least that would be being positive about something for once.

It is NOT going to change until Evans makes the decision to sell up. Get used to it !

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Yeah! Go and support Liverpool if you don’t like it 9!!! :shock:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:20 pm
Yep let's go and support another club because some member isn't able to deal with other peoples opinions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I might start ranting about Norwich. Perhaps this is gonna make me a proper supporter :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:57 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sorry , but I’m not actually referring to you number 9.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm
number 9 wrote:
Yep let's go and support another club because some member isn't able to deal with other peoples opinions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I might start ranting about Norwich. Perhaps this is gonna make me a proper supporter :lol:
Why not Mach. Why not. Let’s face it you rant and rave about Evans every f**king day on social media , like you’re the only one that’s annoyed about it, or is frustrated by the situation!

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But it does get so bloody boring reading the same shyte day after day after day after day . It’s totally depressing. Do you think none of us feel the same way as you, just because we don’t keep typing it in response to every post ?

You clearly are spoiling for a fight about it , as is your way . You’ve done nothing but f**king nit pick since I posted a link regarding Sunderland as a topic of conversation. You immediately go off on one ..., another rant about Evans 🙄give it f**king rest can’t you!

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 pm

I'd hate to see either of you take offence and leave the forum even temporarily. Please call a truce.

I can see it from both sides, ME hadn't helped himself over previous seasons but he still is keeping the club afloat. Things probably won't improve until - if - someone else take a over but there are limitations to what he can (and is willing) to spend.

Let's accept we aren't going to get promoted in the near future and hopefully not get relegated either. Let's look to an attempt to bring on youngsters who may or may not be good enough. Let's hope to see an attempt to be more entertaining than we have been. And let's enjoy being Ipswich fans.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm
number 9 wrote:

Why not Mach. Why not. Let’s face it you rant and rave about Evans every f**king day on social media , like you’re the only one that’s annoyed about it, or is frustrated by the situation!

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But it does get so bloody boring reading the same shyte day after day after day after day . It’s totally depressing. Do you think none of us feel the same way as you, just because we don’t keep typing it in response to every post ?

You clearly are spoiling for a fight about it , as is your way . You’ve done nothing but f**king nit pick since I posted a link regarding Sunderland as a topic of conversation. You immediately go off on one ..., another rant about Evans 🙄give it f**king rest can’t you!
Listen it's you who need to shut your f**k up ! You aren't here to dictate people what they can say. Are you having problems with mine or other people opinions? The solution is simple don't read my posts. Is it difficult?

Remember Rossi and the way you bullied him over his opinions? He certainly will have had enough and decided to leave the forum. He was bullied over the opinions and you are trying to do so with me or anyone else who isn't 'positive'. Who are you to tell people what they can say? Have you heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH ?

Some of us are upset/angry/annoyed over the way the club is being run. Hardly any positives. Years of decline and nothing is going to change. Therefore we're entitled to voice our opinions and you aren't the one to lecture people over that. Who has given you right to do so?

You used to slagg Evans off. All of sudden you adore him. Your choice albeit hilarious change of mind but don't tell me what I can post or not. Being positive for no reason ain't my way. You expect people to please you on the forum. Your illegitimate 'positivity' can annoy people too but they aren't bullying you for that.

Also..... that 'bloody boring reading the same shyte day after day after day after day'. This applies to your Norwich obsessions and all these stupid rants about them people have had to deal with throughout the years. Norwich this, Norwich that blah blah blah !!!

And also it's quite funny that you slate McCarthy here when the opportunity arises while you're scared to do so on TWTD. There are plenty of mccarthys sycophants on that forum who would give you a hard time.

You really p*ss me off. You're a nasty, horrible bully and don't try to do with me what you would with Rossi. Wonder why the moderators allow you to do things like that. You can insult me here, there, everywhere on social media or during the matchdays .... you're still are going to waste your time if you do so because I'm not going to change my ways. When I see some positive vibes from the club then I'll become a 'positive' one. I post what I feel/think so stop preaching ! STOP PREACHING ! Whether I'm a positive or negative it isn't your f***ing business !!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Ok as one of the Mods this stops here, everyone have an opinion by all means but the personal insults are starting now so lets draw a line under this here please.