Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Town are reported to be watching Derry City central defender Eoin Toal.

According to the Derry Journal, the Blues have sent representatives to watch the 20-year-old on several occasions and are considering making an offer at the end of the League of Ireland season, which finishes in just over a month.

The 20-year-old moved to the Brandywell from hometown club Armagh in May 2017 and since then has impressed for the Candy Stripes, who are managed by one-time Town youth goalkeeper Declan Devine.

Toal, who is contracted to Derry for another year, says he takes little notice of claims of interest in him.

“I’m happy that I have all the support from everyone at Derry City and, to be honest, I don’t listen to anything like that. I just take each game as it comes and see where I go from there,” the Northern Ireland U21 international told the Derry Journal.

“I’m just happy to be playing every week. Decky [Devine] has put his faith in me and I couldn’t be happier to be playing beside some top players like Ally [Gilchrist], Jamie [McDonagh], Darren Cole, Peter Cherrie and Ciaran Coll alongside me. But I’m just taking one game at a time and I’ll see where things go from there.”