FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post409819


I’ve been saying for YEARS that SOMETHING’S not right with our training, recruitment & rehab? Methods.


My thoughts are this.......

Town needs to look at the aetiology and trend of all injuries sustained at this Club over the past 5 seasons. We have been blighted by long term injuries for years now. So something is wrong with either of the following or a mix of them.

1) TYPE OF PLAYER recruited. Age bracket. Previous injury record.
2) WHEN injury has occurred, ie pre season, pre match, during training, during game ( 1st or 2nd half)
3) HOW injury occurred ie mechanism of injury.
4) REHAB Criteria. Is it supported by current evidenced base for best practice?
5) TRAINING Criteria. Is supported by evidence based practice. Is it tailored to individuals.

Intrinsic factors: Are the players strong enough? Flexible enough, have adequate endurance, do players have adequate technique etc etc ( these factors link in with item 2)

Extrinsic factors: Types of surface players train on. Footwear used, Time of day training occurs. How many times a day? Adequate rest? Mix of types of training? etc, etc


Town have got to get a complete dossier on ALL of the above aspects in order to resolve this problem.

Injuries such as the type, quantity, degree of seriousness, do not happen at other Championship Clubs to level that ITFC have consistently suffered over the past 3-4 years. SOMETHING is not being done correctly at this Club. It’s about time they have finally decided to take a serious look at this.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16095
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by marko69 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Yep, good news. Especially when Ipswich Towns more prominent "big name" sicknote, David McGoldrick has just played 45 out of 46 games for Sheffield United remaining unscathed and scoring 15 goals.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Winning team, he was"hiding" here

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16095
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by marko69 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Keeping in line with the thread topic; by hiding, do you believe he was possibly faking injury?

Ando
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Ando » Tue May 14, 2019 5:37 pm

It's been said somewhere Mcgoldrick's commuting between Ipswich and his home up north was a contributing factor to his injuries and recovery.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Keeping in line with the thread topic; by hiding, do you believe he was possibly faking injury?
100% yes

mugen1
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by mugen1 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Webster also?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Personally I just think Webster was a sicknote that season which was out of character, we got unlucky

mugen1
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by mugen1 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Fair enough.

I, along with a few others, am concerned with the frequency with which our players seem to get injured.
Mainly knee & ankle injuries, certainly this season. Something appears to be fundamentally wrong somewhere along the line.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Andym » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

mugen1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:00 pm
Fair enough.

I, along with a few others, am concerned with the frequency with which our players seem to get injured.
Mainly knee & ankle injuries, certainly this season. Something appears to be fundamentally wrong somewhere along the line.
I agree. Hallam has said for years that she thinks something must be wrong and evidence certainly supports that view.

And I see in the EADT that we are still interested in Will Keane. With a limited budget and squad size, we should think long and hard before signing anyone with a poor fitness record.

tangfastic
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by tangfastic » Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 am

Ando wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:37 pm
It's been said somewhere Mcgoldrick's commuting between Ipswich and his home up north was a contributing factor to his injuries and recovery.
The fact that he was the highest paid player and was still commuting such long distances makes me feel he wasn’t committed to the club. He pretty much said it himself that it was a bit comfortable and easy. Being out of contract gave him a big kick up the arse and got him fit again... and being in a team who played to his strengths and were competing at the top kept him fit.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post409819


I’ve been saying for YEARS that SOMETHING’S not right with our training, recruitment & rehab? Methods.


My thoughts are this.......

Town needs to look at the aetiology and trend of all injuries sustained at this Club over the past 5 seasons. We have been blighted by long term injuries for years now. So something is wrong with either of the following or a mix of them.

1) TYPE OF PLAYER recruited. Age bracket. Previous injury record.
2) WHEN injury has occurred, ie pre season, pre match, during training, during game ( 1st or 2nd half)
3) HOW injury occurred ie mechanism of injury.
4) REHAB Criteria. Is it supported by current evidenced base for best practice?
5) TRAINING Criteria. Is supported by evidence based practice. Is it tailored to individuals.

Intrinsic factors: Are the players strong enough? Flexible enough, have adequate endurance, do players have adequate technique etc etc ( these factors link in with item 2)

Extrinsic factors: Types of surface players train on. Footwear used, Time of day training occurs. How many times a day? Adequate rest? Mix of types of training? etc, etc


Town have got to get a complete dossier on ALL of the above aspects in order to resolve this problem.

Injuries such as the type, quantity, degree of seriousness, do not happen at other Championship Clubs to level that ITFC have consistently suffered over the past 3-4 years. SOMETHING is not being done correctly at this Club. It’s about time they have finally decided to take a serious look at this.
Are you ArnieM in disguise!!

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm

No, I AM ArnieM on TWTD :wink:

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm
No, I AM ArnieM on TWTD :wink:
:lol: be careful owning up to posting on twtd, may be looked at as a numbskull ! :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 19856
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 am

Biggest one of the lot 😂😂😂

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Second word is “ off” Mike :lol:

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 am
hallamblue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm
No, I AM ArnieM on TWTD :wink:
:lol: be careful owning up to posting on twtd, may be looked at as a numbskull ! :lol:
That wasn’t me , I think my account has been hacked ! :shock:

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2661
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun May 19, 2019 8:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 am
hallamblue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 pm
No, I AM ArnieM on TWTD :wink:
:lol: be careful owning up to posting on twtd, may be looked at as a numbskull ! :lol:
That wasn’t me , I think my account has been hacked ! :shock:
Yep definitely wasn't you because it was spelt correctly and they did not blame there mobile phone......... again. :wink:

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23859
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: FINALLY !! Town to report on injuries sustained a5 Club

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 pm

:lol: :lol: ......a firm hand shake will be required when we meet I think Derek ... around your neck lol !!

Post Reply