League 2 play off final

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

patthegimp

League 2 play off final

Post by patthegimp » Sat May 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Anyone watching this? There boys are playing decent football and they are league 2. Worrying. Norwood looking good. Rasper of a shot straight at keeper who managed to paw it away.

Kerry Blue

Re: League 2 play off final

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat May 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Norwood playing well finds space good control, will hopefully be a very good signing fingers crossed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Norwood would be an excellent signing for us, as the commentary has said his movement is superb, pulling defenders all over the place and creating space for others. I hope the rumours that it's a done deal are true.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat May 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Norwood just put a peach of a through ball in. Intelligent player as well as robust!

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat May 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Thought it was razor Ruddock coming on for tranmere the guy is huge!

Yes Norwood looks decent.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 26, 2019 7:48 am

Norwood sounds like a player we could really do with and he seems more than just a goal-scorer. And he looks like he’s got a bit of mongrel in him.

The rumours suggest it’s kind of a done deal, but I’m not getting too excited as his stock has risen quite a bit ( top goal-scorer in the 4 leagues, league 2 player of the year, promoted). Unless we’ve unofficially nailed him down already there’s going to be interest elsewhere.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun May 26, 2019 11:26 am

And of course Tranmere will be upping the ante as well.........

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF FINAL

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Jack Ross needs to get McGeady & Grigg on. Those guys will settle it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Well, had the same thought process Jackie boy, but that’ll be that then.

Not the best news for Ipswich Town FC.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 26, 2019 5:07 pm

I caught the last ten minutes. Must admit... the play-offs are great to watch.

Preferred for Sunderland to go up, but what the hell. It’s about time Town pursue their own destiny rather than worry about others. We should be past ‘be careful what you wish you for’ by now. I’m looking forward to next season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Yep. Couple big games next season, and a trip to Sunderland will be a decent day out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Last season we killed Sunderland twice so not overly bothered about them with current squad, could change of course.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Missed the game. But saw the goals.

I've made the point before so apologies for repeating myself. The winning goal...cross into the box and 5 players in the area. That's been our downfall under MM and realistically hasn't got much better this season. We have to take risks and get men forward. If we don't we will get nowhere.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Don't take much interest in lower league "football". All right whoever wins League Two play-off game will join us in the division above from August but it's only one team there, not enough interest to really get involved with.

Now that Tranmere got themselves a promotion they may wish to keep him (Norwood) on their payroll. Can't see the logic in selling to another League One team if he's as good as some insist. Charlton up also in their respective league, I recall the epic from '98 involving both teams, once again the South London outfit took the honors. They could be involved in a takeover some time in the future if reports are accurate.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Championship Play Off Today.

Anyone know if and how much we would get from the Waghorn transfer if Derby win? Pretty sure there’s add-ons if he gets promoted with Derby.

I would probably shout for Villa, but if we are looking to get a substantial sum then that could sway my support.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon May 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Tried to gain information from DCFC Fans.UK but nothing that links Waghorn to any suggested amount of money we could be entitled to. Shouldn't imagine it'll be anything too substantial. You're right though, there should be a clause in it's contact that Town will be eligible for bonuses should his new employers see a promotion.

That aside, would favor Aston Villa to take it today. Got connections in the area amongst other things and no real allegiance to Derby County. Hope the Birmingham team do better than their last trip to the national stadium.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Mon May 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Norwood is out of contract and I believe wants a change. The sensible move for him would be one step at a time: Lg 2 to Lg 1. Ok Tranmere are now Lg 1 but if Norwood wants to move to a bigger club AND PLAY, Ipswich is a sensible move. Also I can't believe that Tranmere will be able to pay him as much as us even if ME is holding the purse strings. PL has obviously made Norwood a priority and I'm sure ME will make a competitive offer, especially as there is no transfer fee required.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 27, 2019 2:25 pm

RRanger wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:51 pm
Norwood is out of contract and I believe wants a change. The sensible move for him would be one step at a time: Lg 2 to Lg 1. Ok Tranmere are now Lg 1 but if Norwood wants to move to a bigger club AND PLAY, Ipswich is a sensible move. Also I can't believe that Tranmere will be able to pay him as much as us even if ME is holding the purse strings. PL has obviously made Norwood a priority and I'm sure ME will make a competitive offer, especially as there is no transfer fee required.
I can’t see Tranmere competing with us for his signature. It’s maybe a top League 1 side or a Championship side who might come in.