Sad News

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Sad News

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Warner Duff Towns Disabled Liason Officer past away last night.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Warner for nearly 20 years and in that time he became a very good friend. The times he has helped my family with various queries are numerous to say the least.
Just want to say “thank you mate” and RIP. We will all miss you.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Sad News

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am

To be honest Shed I’ve not heard of him before but clearly he’s been a long servant of the club and a very worthy winner of a number of awards. 61 is no age to pass away these days and thoughts are with his family and friends at such a sad time.

RIP Mr Duff.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm

It is sad news

Warner has helped myself before on a few occasions and honestly was such a caring, so friendly and just a genuine nice guy, nothing was too much trouble for him.

Be sadly missed

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Not a name that's familiar with me but seems has earned a certain respect from those that knew him. Take this opportunity to offer condolences to the immediate family and others who were involved / received assistance from Warner's duties and responsibilities.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 pm

I have bone wasting disease, building myself up for several operations over the coming years.

Warner called me stubborn and few other friendly names because i walk up the stairs in the Alf Ramsey stand to my seat upper tier. Couple times though i went into the special disabled sections. He understood why i wanted to sit in same seat i have since 2000. Pride? pig headed? Yes maybe but he understood

Just a total genuine nice regular man

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:12 pm

I met him too. After I had a hip replacement 10 years ago I couldn’t get up the steps or sit on the low plastic seats. One phone call to him and he sorted me out so quickly . He was only 61 whatever happened for him to die so young??