intresting View

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

intresting View

Post by K L Blue » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:04 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: intresting View

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Completely disagree with his choice of comments towards players. Extremely derogatory and maybe shouldn’t be getting away with that nonsense.

But....... his opinion on Delaney was correct imo. “Damo” may have gone on and become better at Stoke City or Southampton (a red/white stripe club) ..... but he was woeful in a Town shirt. Especially in derbies.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:16 pm
Completely disagree with his choice of comments towards players. Extremely derogatory and maybe shouldn’t be getting away with that nonsense.

But....... his opinion on Delaney was correct imo. “Damo” may have gone on and become better at Stoke City or Southampton (a red/white stripe club) ..... but he was woeful in a Town shirt. Especially in derbies.
I agree with all of it. Delaney only played crap in a town shirt because of keane. The blokes a knob, no wonder he has not managed any decent clubs, they all know hes just a bully. Keane is of an age in football that is best forgotten, and to be honest, if he played in todays game he would get nowhere except red carded every game he played.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:18 am

I think you may be correct. During the 2010 or 2011 old farm demolition, he certainly looked more flustered than incompetent. I suppose playing with fear isn’t going to help.

One common denominator....... Roy Keane is the largest arsehole in all of football / soccer!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:43 pm

I wish we could just move on and completely forget the Keane/Jewell dreadful era of football at ITFC. For that matter add McCarthy and Hurst too.
I’m more than happy to reflect on the good times from the past, but to keep dragging up these clowns I just find quite depressing and unnecessary.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Probably similar to the younger generation wishing everyone would STFU about the SBR era because overly positive stuff amidst a tough period is extremely irritating also. But, I suppose it’s all part of the great clubs history.
I personally find it interesting reading about supposed dressing room antics with RK, (thread title; interesting view). Puts a lot into perspective regarding some players performances, ie “Damo” above.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Unfortunately reading about Roy Keane’s unprofessional behaviour I find more disappointing than interesting, I think we all know what sort of bloke he is and how much damage he did to our football club.

Why on earth would the younger generation want everyone to STFU about Sir Bobby Robson, surely true fans love to look back at their clubs successful periods in the past, that’s what dreams are made of and why clubs have “Halls of Fame”

I bet there aren’t many photographs of Roy Keane hanging on corridor walls at Portman Road, Sir Bobby Robson mmmmmm possibly one or two.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Certainly love talking about SBR and those days.

You don’t think that there is a generation out there that think, “move on, old timers!”? Of course there is.
In my case it’s 80 year olds banging on about the Hibernian famous 5 of Smith, Reilly, Johnstone, Ormond & Turnbull. In times of lower league frustration, it’s even worse!

But interesting views about RK are welcome when the forum is like a morgue. In my opinion of course. Just imagine it like this...... I’m buying you a nice cold beer in a pub (Scotsman buying a round....... no gonnae happen).... and I bring up RK? You ain’t going to go all quiet about it are you? I see the forum like a pub. Pubs are filled with KL Blues, thankfully.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:54 pm

I’d just say, “don’t wanna talk about that c*ck, great footballer but sh*t manager and sh*t person”.... who else can we talk about.

I think that bloke has to take as much blame as anyone for our current position.

Anyway, What about “The famous Five”..... I’ve never heard of them !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Charnwood: “Don’t wanna talk about that c*ck, great footballer but sh*t manager and sh*t person, .... who else can we talk about?”
Marko: “Ok, get your arse to the bar and get me some bacon frazzles and I’ll think of something.”

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:21 pm

I’m not sure I’d be Keane to talk about him either.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 pm

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:54 pm
I’d just say, “don’t wanna talk about that c*ck, great footballer but sh*t manager and sh*t person”.... who else can we talk about.

I think that bloke has to take as much blame as anyone for our current position.

Anyway, What about “The famous Five”..... I’ve never heard of them !
But he wasnt a great footballer, just a bully who was allowed to play that way in an age where two footed tackles and elbows where applauded. Like i siad earlier, in todays game he would get nowhere.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:04 pm
On Keane when he was manager

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/murphy-on- ... -1-6156997
Easy really , he was a bullying tossa !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:04 pm
On Keane when he was manager

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/murphy-on- ... -1-6156997
Easy really , he was a bullying tossa !

.....and still is.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 pm
Charnwood: “Don’t wanna talk about that c*ck, great footballer but sh*t manager and sh*t person, .... who else can we talk about?”
Marko: “Ok, get your arse to the bar and get me some bacon frazzles and I’ll think of something.”

.... now yer talking Marko, I’ll go one better and buy ya a 🍺 too !

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:41 am

Say again you got to respect the individual for leadership quality on the field and the ability to motivate a team. Granted he had one or two dubious moments at time of playing career but his game was invariably highly strung and possessed that inherent Irish fighting quality. As a manager he were never able to replicate the success as a player but that's a dime a dozen scenario for a whole list of former distinguished names.

Admire the way he goes about his business quietly. Keeps himself to himself and values privacy. Some players over time just wished to whore themselves to media and anyone who would listen but Keane at least kept things to a minimum. It was a big mistake bringing him here to begin with but it's easy to say in hindsight. If you take a moment to view his managerial record with us the wins and losses ratio over time are about even, but bottom line I recall it as something not above mediocre. Highlights and celebratory incidents were indeed few and far between.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 pm

.... now yer talking Marko, I’ll go one better and buy ya a 🍺 too !
👍

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 am

With all due respect, someone called Brian Murphy played 25 games for us in 2010-11? Must be getting old as I can't recall that at all.