QPR Bid for Judge rebuffed

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

QPR Bid for Judge rebuffed

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:16 am

Town are reported to have turned down a QPR bid for midfielder Alan Judge.

According to The Sun on Sunday, the West Londoners have had a £250,000 offer for the 30-year-old, who played for Rangers manager Mark Warburton at Brentford, rebuffed by the Blues, who are said to be unwilling to lose someone who only signed in January.

Judge, pictured above arriving at Paderborn with his team-mates last Saturday, is claimed to be keen to stay in the Championship but with a deal appearing unlikely unless QPR up their offer, almost certainly very significantly.

Rangers have been linked with Judge for a number of weeks with the Republic of Ireland international viewed as a replacement for Luke Freeman, who recently joined Sheffield United.

Asked about QPR’s reported interest in Judge last week, manager Paul Lambert said he knew nothing of it.

“I don’t know anything about it,” he insisted. “I don’t listen to anything and don’t read anything so I don’t know anything about it.

"I don’t get involved in it unless someone phones us and gets in touch. There’s been nothing.”

Lambert added that Judge, who signed a new two-year deal with the Blues in April, is a player he doesn’t want to lose: “Not at all, we’re trying to build something here and build a good team and we have some fabulous footballers in the team, that’s for sure. Alan Judge is one of them.”
If he gets sold it would be a joke, I get the feeling we are going to lose him.

Dazzz67

Re: QPR Bid for Judge rebuffed

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 pm

p*ss take offer, do they think we are desperate?

Need to keep him unless you whack another digit on the end of the offer at least.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: QPR Bid for Judge rebuffed

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:31 pm

The only way we’ll keep Alan Judge is if he wants to play for us. If he desperately wants to be elsewhere we will event lose him.

As wrong as that is when he’s under contract, that’s what happens.