So then where do we want to finish in the play off positions

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Qbert72

So then where do we want to finish in the play off positions

Post by Qbert72 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:21 am

So then where do we want to finish in the play off positions?

Because the position we finish in the league will dictate who we meet in the first round.

3rd Sunderland
4th Ipswich
5th Wigan
6th West Ham

I would prefer West Ham to play Sunderland and us to play Wigan.

What say all of you.

Col-Blue

Re: So then where do we want to finish in the play off posit

Post by Col-Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:03 am

Qbert72 wrote:So then where do we want to finish in the play off positions?

Because the position we finish in the league will dictate who we meet in the first round.

3rd Sunderland
4th Ipswich
5th Wigan
6th West Ham

What say all of you.
i don't know if west ham will be in the play offs

ShannockSid

Re: So then where do we want to finish in the play off posit

Post by ShannockSid » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:11 am

Qbert72 wrote:So then where do we want to finish in the play off positions?

3rd Sunderland
4th Ipswich
5th Wigan
6th West Ham

What say all of you.

Agree with that. We owe Wigan.

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:11 am

I think crystal palace, millwall and sheff utd should be added to that list.. they have as much chance as West Ham in my opinion...

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:12 am

ATB wrote:I think crystal palace, millwall and sheff utd should be added to that list.. they have as much chance as West Ham in my opinion...
u could even add reading

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:17 am

ipswich_fc wrote:
ATB wrote:I think crystal palace, millwall and sheff utd should be added to that list.. they have as much chance as West Ham in my opinion...
u could even add reading

i don't rate readings chances.... even tho they are only 3 points out of the top 6 and on the same points as Palace, they have played 43 games to Palaces 42, and they also have a negative for and against which will hurt them

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:21 am

ATB wrote:
ipswich_fc wrote:
u could even add reading

i don't rate readings chances.... even tho they are only 3 points out of the top 6 and on the same points as Palace, they have played 43 games to Palaces 42, and they also have a negative for and against which will hurt them
did not know palace had a game in hand

gazzathegreat

Post by gazzathegreat » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:46 pm

can't see the problem at all

west ham, hopefully won't even make it, if they do i think they have to be your biggest problem

you know you can beat sunderland!!
wigan, good footie, but can't finish, so again no problem
crystal palace, millwall etc - no worries

can't believe you are worried, go for it guys

and as for sheff u, sinking without trace - oh joy!!

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:04 pm

I don't care who we get. On our day we can beat anyone.

However :!: :lol: , I would prefer to avoid Wigan. They are a good side and very under-rated. They have a couple of good goalscorers in Ellington and Roberts, and of course they now have Alan Mahon.

Remember, they outclassed us at Portman Road.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:08 pm

Paul B wrote:I don't care who we get. On our day we can beat anyone.

However :!: :lol: , I would prefer to avoid Wigan. They are a good side and very under-rated. They have a couple of good goalscorers in Ellington and Roberts, and of course they now have Alan Mahon.

Remember, they outclassed us at Portman Road.
Spot on, if I was going to reply to this I would of typed the same.

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:20 pm

It was because they beat us at PR that I want to meet them again so we can address the balance before going up.

Unfinished business so to speak.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:25 pm

Wouldnt mind playing Palace

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:12 pm

i've gone for wigan but only because i would love it (starting to sound like keegan now!) if we beat them and left Alan Mahon with egg on his face!!

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:36 pm

I would like too see us put one up Wigan as they made us look trash at home so another go at them before we go up!

chris

Post by chris » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:05 pm

dukey33 wrote:I would like too see us put one up Wigan as they made us look trash at home so another go at them before we go up!
We definately owe Wigan one and the guys would be soooo fired up for that one. But we have to beat two of them to go up, so it really doesn't matter.

One question I have though, is how much of an advantage do you think it is by having the home leg second? I would rather home first and (hopefully put in a good result) to put pressure on the other team.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:10 pm

chrisavo wrote:We definately owe Wigan one and the guys would be soooo fired up for that one. But we have to beat two of them to go up, so it really doesn't matter.

One question I have though, is how much of an advantage do you think it is by having the home leg second? I would rather home first and (hopefully put in a good result) to put pressure on the other team.
I see your point but if it goes to ET or PK's then we want it at our ground so we can back the boys up with a few songs, and boo the others ;)

chris

Post by chris » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:14 pm

Dazza wrote:
chrisavo wrote:We definately owe Wigan one and the guys would be soooo fired up for that one. But we have to beat two of them to go up, so it really doesn't matter.

I see your point but if it goes to ET or PK's then we want it at our ground so we can back the boys up with a few songs, and boo the others ;)
Excellent point Daz! I want 3rd or 4th now.... :lol:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:22 pm

wigan are a good good side and would love to play us again Id imagine.I would hope not to play palace as they to scrap for everything and have again put a nice run together under Dowie.I say bring on millwall or sunderland :D