loll..Scum favorites to go straight back down with 38 points !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Quasar

loll..Scum favorites to go straight back down with 38 points !

Post by Quasar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm

bwagahahaha ill put £25 on scum down us UP

Ipswich Promoted
Norwich Relegated

£5.72 / £1
worth a pony

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: loll..Scum favorites to go straight back down with 38 points !

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Reckon is Pukki stays fit, he’ll be their 18th place saviour. 29 goals in 43 games (in the very difficult English Championship) ain’t no fluke.
But good luck with the bet, especially the ITFC side of it.
COYB’s

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:18 pm

I think there is a realistic chance of Norwich being relegated unless they improve their defence.

I personally wouldn't bet on Ipswich being promoted. I really can't see it.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Well they are not spending just giving players new contracts, when you look at Aston Villa who have spent around 100 million you wonder how Norwich can stay up.

jimboblue

Post by jimboblue » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Spending £100+million didn't do Fulham much good!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm

jimboblue wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm
Spending £100+million didn't do Fulham much good!
That’ll be Jacksonville Jaguars tickets going through the roof! Hopefully the roof is open.

Fulham must be favourites to stroll the Championship. Cue Airplane! “Surely” quote.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm

They'll sell out Carrow Road most weeks particularly in the first weeks of the new season. The EPL is where you aspire to be, now that they got there every game will take on added interest. At least they possess an owner with a tangible interest who wants what's best for the club. Can deride Smith all you like but no doubting the loyalties and enthusiasm with it.

Home form is likely the deciding factor. They'll amass a few points at Carrow Road over other teams and could be the difference between salvation and a drop into the second league. Got some players of caliber, Farke obviously doing a job for them : see no reason why they can't maintain status for another year at top level. Not pleasant to say but credit where it's due.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:43 am

I think Norwich being relegated is a safer bet than us being promoted, I should really but money on it as that would for sure increase our chances of promotion.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm
They'll sell out Carrow Road most weeks particularly in the first weeks of the new season. The EPL is where you aspire to be, now that they got there every game will take on added interest. At least they possess an owner with a tangible interest who wants what's best for the club. Can deride Smith all you like but no doubting the loyalties and enthusiasm with it.

Home form is likely the deciding factor. They'll amass a few points at Carrow Road over other teams and could be the difference between salvation and a drop into the second league. Got some players of caliber, Farke obviously doing a job for them : see no reason why they can't maintain status for another year at top level. Not pleasant to say but credit where it's due.
I’ll also give them credit where it’s due. A year ago, I thought Farke would lose his job by October. No-one predicted they would win the league. I’d rather be in their position than ours. Even if they go down, they’ll have parachute money and could strengthen further in a yo-yo way. Probably not splashing any cash as if they go down they’ll have lots of flops, like Wolfswinkel, on big wages who they need to offload.

I hope they get relegated, but the time when we are top dogs in East Anglia is maybe a few years away, so I’ll look forward to that day rather than mocking them now.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:38 am

I have no issue with Norwich doing well in fact I’d prefer that to seeing East Anglia being a football backwater, even better would be having a Premiership East Anglian Derby with both teams in the top flight. Sadly I can’t see that happening for a very long time.