Statement from Evans today .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23991
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Statement from Evans today .....

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:44 am

Town owner Marcus Evans has written a column for Saturday’s match programme, which the club has given TWTD permission to reproduce in full.

The Season Ahead

As we all look forward with excitement to this season, the team at Portman Road and at the training ground have been hard at work since the final whistle against Leeds in preparation for a year where quite rightly our goal is for a return to the Championship.

It’s been a difficult summer at the club with a re-organisation taking place to meet the financial repercussions of relegation; however these challenges have been met with professionalism right throughout the club.

I am pleased to say that the reorganisation is complete and we are now set to go with the structure required to support the team’s promotion push.

Last year’s relegation, as I am sure all fans realise, has had economic consequences for the club and the effects add considerable strain to our finances and bring to the fore decisions relating to balancing short-term and long-term investment decisions.

At the top of my list of long-term priorities has been, despite the considerable drop in revenues which is close on £9 million, a determination to maintain and in fact grow the club’s investment in the academy.

This runs to multi-millions every year and not just for one year. So I have looked to ensure that these funds remain available year on year going forwards and are not risked by overspend on other long-term contract commitments.

Cash Made Available to Improve Fans’ Matchday Experience at Portman Road

I also put cash aside for some much-needed investment at Portman Road to improve your matchday experience. There has been a substantial outlay on a new CCTV security system to increase supporter safety; plans are in place to improve the speed of service across all bars in the concourse area; we are looking at upgrading the PA system; the North Stand roof will be the first to get a clean up with the other stands to follow and even the ticket office has had a makeover!

Other improvements around the stadium are at the planning stage. These range from simple painting and decorating to much more substantial and long-term projects - and significant financial outlay.

The training ground also required a number of planned infrastructure improvements to meet the requirements of an elite Academy and first-team environment.

The Money Game

The cost of running a football club isn’t exactly a sexy subject for most fans. However it’s a fact of life for those of us in that position and who are looking to run a club on a secure and sustainable basis.

I have to make sure that we can meet our commitments not just this year but for the next two, three and four years with many contracts having long-term implications.

The hard facts are that a trickle of cash from the Premier League and the club’s normal revenues aren’t enough, on their own, to enable us to compete in this league let alone the Championship. Hence the need for my additional investment each year.

There is annually a big hole in our finances (and most non-Premier League clubs) which has to be plugged by me in order to support the wage policy and provide transfer funds. This year has been more difficult than when we were in the Championship with my annual support going mainly - despite player wage reductions due to relegation - to support the club’s core financial requirements.

One of the questions I am asked all the time is where does all the money go from our transfer sales? The short answer is back into the club and you would be surprised at how far a large amount of money DOESN’T go in the football world.

So when balancing the club’s budgets, I have many issues to consider. I have an amount of money I put into the club each year and I have been consistent with that support every season.

This results in a budget being available through the club’s own income plus my annual support which has to be spread across a number of areas including wages; stadium and training ground infrastructure; improved contracts to existing players; academy costs and transfer fees to name some of the bigger areas. There are plenty more.

In most seasons I have been able to organise the club’s finances so that with the benefit of my annual support we have been able to invest, to a certain extent, in the transfer market.

Income from transfer sales and sell-ons in that time have helped to boost the overall budget which has mainly gone into the squad by way of additional wages or transfer fees. When you sell a player though, or get a sell-on fee, that rarely comes in one hit. It is spread over two, three, sometimes four years.

This year, with relegation costing the club up to £9 million, any income from player sales/sell-ons has been swallowed up by the financial gap caused by the drop into League One.

That said we do have funds available for a further two or three new players the manager and I would like to secure before the end of the window, to bring that bit extra to the squad and I hope that those we are targeting can be secured on terms that work for Ipswich.

I also want to ensure that, going forwards, we have funds to strengthen in January if we see gaps or injuries appear in the first half of the season.

Every fan, including me, can see how money could be spent but I have the task of matching desire with reality and whatever the pressures I will never do anything to risk the club’s financial security.

As always, I can assure every supporter not a penny is coming out of the club into my pocket. It never has. It goes back into the club’s budget and yes, as I have already said, that does include funds for transfers and additional wages when we find the right players at prices we can live with.

A Healthy Mix of Players at Different Stages in Their Career

On the pitch our plan remains the same - to play attractive, winning football supported by a stable management team with a healthy squad mix of some young players, some highly experienced and some still developing but with a large number of appearances under their belt.

I feel, with the players we have added in the summer, as well as agreeing longer-term contracts with existing players - Freddie Sears being the latest - we now have an exciting mix of talent ready for the challenges ahead.

Most of the players coming back from injury will be ready to go in weeks, not months, which will further strengthen our options.

Last season was a difficult time for some of the 2018 additions to flourish but having had a year to settle in, this is the year they can really get going.

For the first team, this summer has been as much about keeping our best as bringing in new additions. We have worked hard to keep all of our key players and while every player has a price at which monies can be reinvested for the benefit of the squad overall, I have wanted to do everything I can to avoid making the same mistake as last year by letting key players go when I could not replace them.

In terms of strengthening, as well as bringing in James [Norwood] and Tomas [Holy] on permanent deals, we have added Luke Garbutt from Everton. He is in the last year of his contract and could be looking for a new club next year. So there is a long-term plan behind some of our loans.

That long-term plan also includes having the cover to allow some of our younger players to go out on loan and get valuable experience playing first-team football elsewhere. We have seen the benefits of that with Luke Woolfenden for instance, who played over 30 games for Swindon last season. He has returned to us far better for the experience and ready to compete for a place in our first-team.

Will Norris has also joined us on loan from Wolves, which has freed up Bart to go out on loan to the Championship. He remains an Ipswich player though and will return to Portman Road at the end of the season.

I am pleased that we have signed new contracts with Freddie and Myles Kenlock. Again, that is all about the long-term.

Looking at the squad from front to back. James Norwood is an exciting addition, Jordan Roberts has played up there, Kayden has looked good in pre-season and we are all excited to see what he can do with a run of games in front of him. Of course, we have Freddie to come back in and we are still on the look out for another additional striker.

The Midfield is Awash With Talent

In the middle of the park we have so many options, giving the manager an enviable task of picking who to start. We have a great mix of experience and developing players in that area and it’s great to see Alan [Judge] in the squad, despite approaches from elsewhere.

I fully understand why a move to QPR would have appealed to Alan for personal and professional reasons but I must point out that he has always been totally professional in the way that he dealt with a difficult, personal situation and I know that he will be giving everything to the team this season as always.

I am looking forward to seeing Luke [Woolfenden], after his year on loan, challenging Toto [Nsiala] and Chambo [Luke Chambers]. We have also added James Wilson on a short term contract to add competition in the middle of defence.

In goal we have a huge prospect in Tomas challenged by the highly-thought of Will so there is real competition in that department.

Judge the Manager on the Cards He Has Been Dealt

And one final point I want to make is that I hope everyone will judge the manager on the cards he has been dealt by me and not just on our expectations.

I know that expectations quite rightly are high and that due to Premier League parachute payments and big spenders in the Championship, we have gone from a team with a budget in the bottom 10 of the Championship to a team with a budget in the top 10 of League One.

However, please reflect on the fact that I have asked Paul, along with his coaching staff to accept the challenge of developing a team, not just for this year - which absent any player sales will be without the benefit of any significant transfer budget - but for the years ahead as well.

He will be giving our younger players a chance and they will need time and support along the way. This league has some big teams and experienced squads to pit against our developing talent. We are not the only club aiming for a top two position.

That said, be assured that everyone is working at full throttle to get the most out of the group and have a season we can be proud of.

Let’s have a great season and if your support is even half as good as last year (but let’s crank it up a notch) then you will be more than doing your part to push us over the line.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:16 pm

Yep, makes sense to me.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Does to me too but I know a few it won't.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Yep agree with you both but as you say plenty won't.

But it does seem we will get two or three players in.👍

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2780
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:51 pm


User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3848
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Andym » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm

A good read. Who can argue with that?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm
A good read. Who can argue with that?
I'll compile a list.....

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm
A good read. Who can argue with that?
I'll compile a list.....
What are you waiting for Mike? Start with me.

Why are you trying to goad the people while notoriously sticking up for Evans? You were one of those who said we wouldn't go down to League One. I told you that because it wasn't difficult to predict. The disastrous Evans' policy was a perfect indicator.

Today you are still trying to be that clever one.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Surprise surprise ! Same old annual tripe being swallowed by the happy clappers. He is a horrible, despicable disaster and all this 9m drop crap is his fault. Why is number of our fans so blinded? This is his fault. Years of selling assets and replacing them with worse sort of players led to what we have now.....but all is fine because he speaks well doesn't he?

We are a League One club for the first time in 62 years just because of him but ... all is forgiven because he speaks well isn't it?

Lambert having been so downbeat during the press conference ..... irrelevant isn't it? Because their beloved Marcus speaks well.

We have a budget for 2-3 players according to Evans. What ilk of players? League Two out of contracts rejects.

I said a few years ago that we would end up in League One because of his disastrous policy. I was told it wouldn't happen, I was cooled out by some on here and TWTD. Therefore no-one is going to preach to me anymore. Unfortunately though we have a softest and gutless fanbase that Evans finds so easy to manipulate. Whatever he says they keep swallowing it.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11535
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Back in rainy Blighty

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Not sure there’s anything to argue with, most if not all of it makes perfect sense, just sad that we’re in this position.

tangfastic
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by tangfastic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm

No doubt he’ll get waves of moans of derision for this statement. My overriding feeling is I can’t understand the level of hatred and spite against the bloke. No- one - and I mean no-one- has ever said he’s been brilliant and not made mistakes, but unless you’re not calling him an evil, blood-sucking scumbag then you get labelled pro- Marcus. The only time I would hate the bloke is if it’s been proven he’s fleecing the club. The unrealistic scathing attacks by some fans always pushes me a tad closer to sympathy towards him.... which I don’t want to really as he’s probably lost interest in the club. That’s “lost interest” as opposed to “selling us down the swanny”. A bit of reasonable perspective would be welcome.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm

I didn't need to start with you Mach, you did that yourself.

I'm glad you take such pleasure at being correct about us going down, every one is right and every one is wrong about things at any given time, personally I am gutted you got that right but well done all the same. I am not trying to be clever at all Mach, I just choose not to knock lumps out of my own club all the time.

You clearly find the latest Evans comments full of lies and nonsense ? Is there anything you agree with within the article ?

A couple of things though Mach, where has anyone said all is forgiven ? I don't recall anyone anywhere on here saying that at all, what people on here have done is read the article without a preconceived feeling about it and basically accepted much of what he has said as fact.

I think you need to listen to Lambert again, yes he was downbeat but his interview was very clever in its complexity and as much as I like him he covered his arse well by being very ambiguous.

Mach of course you were told relegation "would never happen" certainly by me anyway, never ever would I be capable of going along with that train of thought even if I feared it was possible, it may have become reality but for a good Three or Four seasons I think I am right in saying you haven't enjoyed attending games at all due to your belief that this was going to happen, I understand why you felt that way but I don't get the point in torturing yourself for so long over something that you thought was going to happen, of course ultimately you were right but this is about getting some enjoyment out of following the team surely ? Just the same as this season, you need to let it go, what's done is done, let's try to enjopy what we all hope is going to be a much better season, why be down about it all again when we CANNOT change a thing other than getting behind the team every week.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm
No doubt he’ll get waves of moans of derision for this statement. My overriding feeling is I can’t understand the level of hatred and spite against the bloke. No- one - and I mean no-one- has ever said he’s been brilliant and not made mistakes, but unless you’re not calling him an evil, blood-sucking scumbag then you get labelled pro- Marcus. The only time I would hate the bloke is if it’s been proven he’s fleecing the club. The unrealistic scathing attacks by some fans always pushes me a tad closer to sympathy towards him.... which I don’t want to really as he’s probably lost interest in the club. That’s “lost interest” as opposed to “selling us down the swanny”. A bit of reasonable perspective would be welcome.
Couldn't have put it better myself !!!!!

Blue Wilf
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Mach - i know you care (as we all do) and only want what is best for the club. However, what do you exactly WANT to happen now? There are no new buyers showing up, a pile of debt to service and someone who, although he has made mistakes (and may even be responsible for the state we are in as you say) who is currently paying the bills (that will not just go away by the way) - but if he goes, we lose the club completely - or do you have an alternative plan? I would love to hear it and would certainly get behind it if it is credible so here I am... waiting... I hope its good cos I really want to support it. Please advise the detail and we can all get on board and support you. Moaning about ME every post may be good for you venting your frustration and if that is why you do it, is very valid - but eventually you have to come up with another plan and so far, I havn't heard one from you or any of those with similar views on TWTD. Tell me the plan - i can't wait to support it!

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm
I didn't need to start with you Mach, you did that yourself.

I'm glad you take such pleasure at being correct about us going down, every one is right and every one is wrong about things at any given time, personally I am gutted you got that right but well done all the same. I am not trying to be clever at all Mach, I just choose not to knock lumps out of my own club all the time.

You clearly find the latest Evans comments full of lies and nonsense ? Is there anything you agree with within the article ?

A couple of things though Mach, where has anyone said all is forgiven ? I don't recall anyone anywhere on here saying that at all, what people on here have done is read the article without a preconceived feeling about it and basically accepted much of what he has said as fact.

I think you need to listen to Lambert again, yes he was downbeat but his interview was very clever in its complexity and as much as I like him he covered his arse well by being very ambiguous.

Mach of course you were told relegation "would never happen" certainly by me anyway, never ever would I be capable of going along with that train of thought even if I feared it was possible, it may have become reality but for a good Three or Four seasons I think I am right in saying you haven't enjoyed attending games at all due to your belief that this was going to happen, I understand why you felt that way but I don't get the point in torturing yourself for so long over something that you thought was going to happen, of course ultimately you were right but this is about getting some enjoyment out of following the team surely ? Just the same as this season, you need to let it go, what's done is done, let's try to enjopy what we all hope is going to be a much better season, why be down about it all again when we CANNOT change a thing other than getting behind the team every week.
Mike you have known me for years so how can you say to me that 'I am taking such pleasure at being correct about us going down'.

What pleasure? What on earth are you talking about? Why are you like that to me?

Just because you stick up for Evans at every opportunity doesn't mean that you have better knowledge than others.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Mach because that is how it comes across, we all know you predicted it Mach but you don't have to keep reminding us, I have known you for many years as a friend and sadly this whole thing is changing you as a person, your whole persona is different, I find that sad to be honest, I know you are passionate and I know you care but I feel this hatred is becoming an obsession and that ain't good for you at all.

Wilf has asked similar things to myself a few days ago, what is your realistic alternative plan given our situation ? We can't just wish Evans gone and think we are saved cus it will end with us being defunct.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Paul Hurst is the main reason we're in League One. Marcus Evans is the main reason we're not in the Premiership. Hopefully next year, I can say Lambert is the main reason we're in the Championship.

tangfastic
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by tangfastic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:12 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Paul Hurst is the main reason we're in League One. Marcus Evans is the main reason we're not in the Premiership. Hopefully next year, I can say Lambert is the main reason we're in the Championship.
Everyone’s looking for a scapegoat... someone to hang. Sorry, but it’s all about finding a scapegoat and then finding a saviour....who then becomes a scapegoat.

Hurst, for me, isn’t to blame..he wasn’t here long enough. Hurst just ripped the plaster of that Mick was good at applying. Evans’ has to take ultimate responsibility as he’s the current owner. ... but there’s been years and years of decline. You could go back 35 years plus.

One win out of one ... 100%. League One’s a cakewalk so far. Let’s enjoy it.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Mach because that is how it comes across, we all know you predicted it Mach but you don't have to keep reminding us, I have known you for many years as a friend and sadly this whole thing is changing you as a person, your whole persona is different, I find that sad to be honest, I know you are passionate and I know you care but I feel this hatred is becoming an obsession and that ain't good for you at all.

Wilf has asked similar things to myself a few days ago, what is your realistic alternative plan given our situation ? We can't just wish Evans gone and think we are saved cus it will end with us being defunct.
Because it comes across? What a guff. This is just because you don't like being reminded about it. You don't like reminded being wrong. You think you are always right and you want people to please you with their opinions on this forum.

If that whole thing is changing me as a person in your opinion I don't care at all. Call it a hatred, call it whatever you want. I don't care what you think. Just because I have a different opinion you are unpleasant. Just because I dare to criticise your beloved Marcus and the clubs policy. We are on the downward spiral yet you are so blinded.

Alternative? You haven't read my posts from the last several days.

You think you are always right and that is the crux.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16386
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Quote: Judge the Manager on the Cards He Has Been Dealt
End quote.

That’s a quote definitely born out of witnessing Paul Lamberts now infamous “Einstein” interview. Well done Paul for saying it like it is...... and well done Marcus for responding to that interview with those words.
I’m only homing in on that point though, Mach, .... in no way bum licking at all. To be perfectly honest, I do not know enough about running a club to get verbally involved in conversation about it.

Scapegoat = Roy Keanes fault.

And with Tangfastic on this....... cakewalk so far...... piece of pi$$, especially after the 3-0 home win the Black Cats on Saturday....... get your bets on...... NO WAY will Paul Lambert want to be out managed by his Scottish pretender counterpart.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Mach because that is how it comes across, we all know you predicted it Mach but you don't have to keep reminding us, I have known you for many years as a friend and sadly this whole thing is changing you as a person, your whole persona is different, I find that sad to be honest, I know you are passionate and I know you care but I feel this hatred is becoming an obsession and that ain't good for you at all.

Wilf has asked similar things to myself a few days ago, what is your realistic alternative plan given our situation ? We can't just wish Evans gone and think we are saved cus it will end with us being defunct.
Because it comes across? What a guff. This is just because you don't like being reminded about it. You don't like reminded being wrong. You think you are always right and you want people to please you with their opinions on this forum.

If that whole thing is changing me as a person in your opinion I don't care at all. Call it a hatred, call it whatever you want. I don't care what you think. Just because I have a different opinion you are unpleasant. Just because I dare to criticise your beloved Marcus and the clubs policy. We are on the downward spiral yet you are so blinded.

Alternative? You haven't read my posts from the last several days.

You think you are always right and that is the crux.
Ok Mach, i think there is only one person getting nasty here and it certainly isnt me. As far as I am concerned we are done so don't be asking me for help with tickets etc anymore or meeting up that way I won't be being nasty to you anymore. Take care bud.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Mach - i have not judged you at all. I have asked a valid question (ie what is your plan?). I have read your other posts but they are just anti ME rhetoric - no plan, no ideas, no view of what you want us to DO, no view as to who will pay the bills if ME does not. I thought (hoped) you had a plan but it seems not... btw - i am certainly not guided by ANY other posters on this site. I have been watching Town since I was 7 (50 years ago) and I too feel your pain. What i do not agree with is your vitriolic damnation of ME without an alternative. Show me you have a better plan and i genuinely will get behind it, but alas, i fear it won't be forthcoming...

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Mach because that is how it comes across, we all know you predicted it Mach but you don't have to keep reminding us, I have known you for many years as a friend and sadly this whole thing is changing you as a person, your whole persona is different, I find that sad to be honest, I know you are passionate and I know you care but I feel this hatred is becoming an obsession and that ain't good for you at all.

Wilf has asked similar things to myself a few days ago, what is your realistic alternative plan given our situation ? We can't just wish Evans gone and think we are saved cus it will end with us being defunct.
Because it comes across? What a guff. This is just because you don't like being reminded about it. You don't like reminded being wrong. You think you are always right and you want people to please you with their opinions on this forum.

If that whole thing is changing me as a person in your opinion I don't care at all. Call it a hatred, call it whatever you want. I don't care what you think. Just because I have a different opinion you are unpleasant. Just because I dare to criticise your beloved Marcus and the clubs policy. We are on the downward spiral yet you are so blinded.

Alternative? You haven't read my posts from the last several days.

You think you are always right and that is the crux.
Ok Mach, i think there is only one person getting nasty here and it certainly isnt me. As far as I am concerned we are done so don't be asking me for help with tickets etc anymore or meeting up that way I won't be being nasty to you anymore. Take care bud.
Spot on Mike. I'm not the one who is nasty. I merely have an 'audacity' to have a different opinion to you.

You are the one telling me that I have a pleasure at being correct about relegation. That relegation thing is my strong argument to all those 'nice' things you have been telling about Evans. You have been wrong in every aspect when trying to defend him throughout the years beginning with all that FFP nonsense.

I respect your choice. Hope you will be forever surrounded by those who share your views.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Mach - i have never met you and have no desire to fall out with you, but i ask again... what is your alternative plan? Failing that, what do you want us so called ME worshippers (which i am certainly not, btw) to DO? Shout? Scream? Protest and make a stand? If so, have you organised such a protest and if you have, what do you hope to achieve? Get ME to walk? - and then what? Who pays the bills? You? Someone else? I wish i had a plan but i do not so i am relying on yours - what is it please?

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 pm

This is crazy.

Some like Evans some hate Evans. Who gives a toss. I just want to see the players put in 100%, get out of this league playing decent football and have a beer and sing song on a Saturday.

The article makes sense. But it was a pointless release, zero knew information. All I wanted to hear is what the rough budget was for these 3 players.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1220
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Ok, so yes it makes sense, but a few points im a little confused about, considering were still on the five point plan i assume....

Saving money to invest in january, where was that money when we were sitting pretty in second place?

Millions into the academy each year, waste of money when all that happens since ME took over is the sale of anyone with promise, look at the promising academy players who have left and are doing well at other clubs or signed on to prem teams to continue development

On the pitch the plan remains the same, to play attractive winning football. So how long has that plan been in place? Certainly not when MM was here otherwise ME would have sacked him earlier, cos that football was never atteactive.

So we have a budget in the top 10 of league 1, those in the bottom ten must be in deep sh*te. If im right weve not invested any money in transfers.

Judge the manager on the cards hes been dealt not our expectations. Well on all honesty, after the cards ME has dealt every manager since the royal flush, sorry, royal fcuk up that was RK, its no wonder every manager since then has folded. Give them better cards to play ME.

And finally, which really gets my goat is the final shout out to the fans to crank it up a notch. Are you fcuking kiddin me. We have the worst season in our history but still we were awsome, what more do you expect?? Our supoirters have seen this club go from a stable championship team to a league 1 outfit under his guidance. The last 10 years we have been going backwards, with no light at the end of the tunnel. Im more embarresed fir him for printing that tham i am of delias "where are you " rant.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Ricco » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm
but unless you’re not calling him an evil, blood-sucking scumbag then you get labelled pro- Marcus.
It's this I want to point at, not because I'm disagreeing with you Tang, but I'm seeing far too much of the opposite on here, frankly I'm seeing too much of both, it's absurd bordering on disgusting. Any criticism of ME and his plan and you're laughed at for being too naive to understand the great financial strain ALL these football clubs are under.

As has been well put above, there are reasons not to trust ME and there are plenty of criticisms that are fair to place at his door. By saying that, I'm not agreeing with all criticism of him and I'm not saying he is pure evil, but to make him immune to criticism because of the situation is absurd.

Purely from a business point of view he has got things very wrong in my eyes, it's fair for him to face those criticisms and it doesn't make me mad or naive to hold them.

The quicker both camps get off their high horses over this whole childish argument the better.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20170
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:36 pm

So come up with an alternative then, for the millionth time, nobody, as far as I am aware and contrary to popular belief has said they like or want Evans, what has been said is that at the moment we are stuck with him and need him, its the anti Evans brigade that are making it a them and us situation, I done particularly like the f**king bloke but who else writes the cheque this Monday to keep us afloat? That question does not mean I like him for those who find it hard to understand but a serious answer as to a plan B would be most welcome, only asked a hundred times now and still waiting.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1220
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:36 pm
So come up with an alternative then, for the millionth time, nobody, as far as I am aware and contrary to popular belief has said they like or want Evans, what has been said is that at the moment we are stuck with him and need him, its the anti Evans brigade that are making it a them and us situation, I done particularly like the f**king bloke but who else writes the cheque this Monday to keep us afloat? That question does not mean I like him for those who find it hard to understand but a serious answer as to a plan B would be most welcome, only asked a hundred times now and still waiting.
Bluemike, i think the point people are trying to make is that ME interviews are full of holes which quite rightly get picked apart. Surely you cant seriously agree that this latest statement makes perfect sense as you stated above?

Ando
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Ando » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 pm

For me there are two issues being debated here. Firstly the statement from Evans, it makes complete sense as to where the club is financially and how the money is spent and what the ask is of PL.

The second issue is ME’s decisions over the years in particular choice of managers. I think we all agree the majority of choices have not been great. But he has not deliberately made mistakes therefore although he is accountable for his decisions he has always had the best interests of the club and his investment at heart.

Let’s not turn into Newcastle fans, we all need to stay behind the club and be the 12th man. Let’s not forget how crap things were at PR 16 months ago.

Locked