Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

First Win under lights this season?

Ipswich Win
13
93%
Wimbledon Win
0
No votes
Draw
1
7%
 
Total votes: 14

Blue Wilf
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:52 am

Well, what a night! As others have said, for an hour, we were awful. We had lots of the ball but zero end product. I didn't like hearing the boos at half time - ever good for a young side but, in the main, we did have a very young side out in the first half. 2 years ago, that was the bulk of our u23 team so we need to be patient. Start of the second half, i felt we were even worse! Then we had the substitutions and the night changed.

Georgiou looked great, Jackson helped Norwood shine so much more and Judge started to show what we hope he really can do. With Nolan, Toto, Keane, KVY, Edwards et al to come back, we have a really strong squad in my opinion. But there is one thing that outshines all of this fo me... that is that We have got our football club back. Tiesday night under the lights, 18000 making a huge noise and a last minute injury time winner - THAT is what makes football so great. We are 1000 miles away from MM's dire 'keep us in the league' bore fests. I know we are down a division but for me, i can see some of the reason that some people said going down a level in order to come back stronger would not be disaster for us. Some may disagree with the last comment but for me, i am not really even noticing that we are in league 1. The crowds are up, the noise is up, we are winning games and i am getting the buzz that winning and competing gives. It sets the mood for my week and when its good, its sooooo good! Early days and we will have ups and downs but again, 4 games in and i have seen nothing to scare us - except ourselves! With the new players in and those returning, this season could - just possibly - be immense. I am so enjoying the ride so far.... long may it continue!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am

Magicmark wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:12 am
Just got back from the game, 100 mile round trip,Now having a celebratory drink ;) Not seen us play since the home game against Noj.
Well the first half performance was pants,the 2 up front formation should of been from the start,I used to enjoy 3 up front especially at home.Great to get the win at the death,fantastic noise from the crowd,nearly lost my voice singing and shouting, great night out :D
That’s a great post! 👍👍👍 Hope you enjoyed that drink and the voice is back this morning.

Predicted 4-0, but 2-1 with a 90+4 winner will do! :D 👌 Very well done PL & ITFC 👏👏👏

Magicmark
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 am

Yeah had a nice bottle of prosseco at midnight :D voice is nearly back,luckily have the week off work.
Will have to attend more games,loved it last night, everyone around me was singing their heads off. :D

patthegimp
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: norn ireland

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by patthegimp » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 am

Whoopeeee- we are on our way providing Janoi sub and 442. Hard to watch last night but still buzzing this morning. Onwards and upwards.

User avatar
Quasar
Posts: 3493
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:22 am
Location: The Good Old Fenland
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Quasar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am

Got Back home just after midnight - Train to Stowmarket then to sis house for a quick cuppa.,
Got to Bury and the bloody A14 was closed, stupid 11 mile diversion FFS,

2nd Half - a few mins of nice football but there was no end result,
As soon as Georgiou came on, what a difference, even Kenlock started to have a better game.

How many 94th min goals are there going to be, what a night

COYB

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 am

You can’t beat 94th minute winners. Brilliant feeling.

Obviously, it wasn’t a good performance, but we’re finding ways to get points.

Lambert’s got to get his formation / team right from the start but surely that will come. KVY in for Donacien seems a certainty... hopefully that will strengthen there. Lots more players should be fit in the next month as well. Georgiou doesn’t seem a panic buy at all. Looks a real shrewd loan signing. I’m waking up even thinking Will Keane could stay fit and be an asset.
Do we need Keane to start games? I can see him as a sub mostly.

It’s not pretty football, but not sure it has to be to win games in League 1.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3869
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 am

It’s not pretty football, but not sure it has to be to win games in League 1.
True but the two are not mutually exclusive. MM believed it was impossible to play nice football and win. I think that's utter bollocks.

The problem is this: play well and fail to win (like against Sunderland) and the fans are a bit down and focus on one man's one error. Play badly and win (of scrape a last minute draw) as in our last 2 games and most fans seem happy. But play badly and lose and you get the half time reaction yesterday. I dread to think what would have happened had we lost.

I was as pleased as anyone with the result yesterday. But I nearly fell asleep in the first half. For over an hour there was nothing approaching entertainment. It was McCarthy-era football, terrible passing and too much hoof. I didn't boo at half time (I never would) but couldn't bring myself to applaud at the end either. It would have been like tipping a waiter for lousy service just because the meal was good.

Despite our position I have seen nothing in the last 2 matches to make me think we are anything other than a mid table team at best. I don't mind that, but please give me a few players who can pass the bloody ball. And it would help if some of them moved their arses. We criticise the full backs for their poor distribution and terrible throw ins (quite rightly) but the lack of options really doesn't help.

I'm sure some will disagree and say results are all that matters. I agree when it comes to promotion of avoiding relegation. But we aren't going to get promoted, I hope we aren't going to get relegated so please let's have a little bit of entertainment.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

Quasar wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am
....stupid 11 mile diversion FFS...
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for laughing Quasar....... it’s just that the road was flooded at Spean Bridge near Invergarry two weekends ago and our diversion was 165 miles (one hundred and sixty five!) ...... oh how we’d love 11 mile diversions in Scotland! :lol:

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 am

It’s not pretty football, but not sure it has to be to win games in League 1.
True but the two are not mutually exclusive. MM believed it was impossible to play nice football and win. I think that's utter bollocks.

The problem is this: play well and fail to win (like against Sunderland) and the fans are a bit down and focus on one man's one error. Play badly and win (of scrape a last minute draw) as in our last 2 games and most fans seem happy. But play badly and lose and you get the half time reaction yesterday. I dread to think what would have happened had we lost.

I was as pleased as anyone with the result yesterday. But I nearly fell asleep in the first half. For over an hour there was nothing approaching entertainment. It was McCarthy-era football, terrible passing and too much hoof. I didn't boo at half time (I never would) but couldn't bring myself to applaud at the end either. It would have been like tipping a waiter for lousy service just because the meal was good.

Despite our position I have seen nothing in the last 2 matches to make me think we are anything other than a mid table team at best. I don't mind that, but please give me a few players who can pass the bloody ball. And it would help if some of them moved their arses. We criticise the full backs for their poor distribution and terrible throw ins (quite rightly) but the lack of options really doesn't help.

I'm sure some will disagree and say results are all that matters. I agree when it comes to promotion of avoiding relegation. But we aren't going to get promoted, I hope we aren't going to get relegated so please let's have a little bit of entertainment.
I hope the 42500 people who have visited Portman Road in the first 2 games don't read this,knowing what's going to happen the rest of the season, no one will bother going!! :shock:

Magicmark
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:49 pm

We've still got half the squad out injured or not %100 fit,So to get a win like last night is incredible.Guess it's realistic to think we wont go straight back up but things are going reasonably well at the moment ,So enjoy the win & I didn't boo & half time and was extremely happy ,still buzzing from the win.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Sheeeesh if this is what it like having won two and drawn two out of four games what would it be like if we hadn't won yesterday or got a draw last Saturday?

First two games we played well and got four points, last two we played no where as good but still got four points. There's lots to be positive about like players returning and we are actually getting results. I hope PL finally sees 4 4 2 is the way to go in this league but hes also trying to protect our bare thin strikers. if Jackson or Norwood got injured we would really be in the Sh*tter.

This is going to be a long hard season for this league has lots of good teams in it. We are up there though and yes only four games in we know but it could of been heck of a lot worse.
Truly understand supporters still feeling down having dropped down to 3rd tier but time now is time to get behind the team. We are where we are and over 18,000 at the game was massive, shows most supporters are behind PL and the team, long may that continue

Been very long time since heard noise like i did when that final whistle was blown, savoured every minute of it

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:36 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 pm
Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 am

It’s not pretty football, but not sure it has to be to win games in League 1.
True but the two are not mutually exclusive. MM believed it was impossible to play nice football and win. I think that's utter bollocks.

The problem is this: play well and fail to win (like against Sunderland) and the fans are a bit down and focus on one man's one error. Play badly and win (of scrape a last minute draw) as in our last 2 games and most fans seem happy. But play badly and lose and you get the half time reaction yesterday. I dread to think what would have happened had we lost.

I was as pleased as anyone with the result yesterday. But I nearly fell asleep in the first half. For over an hour there was nothing approaching entertainment. It was McCarthy-era football, terrible passing and too much hoof. I didn't boo at half time (I never would) but couldn't bring myself to applaud at the end either. It would have been like tipping a waiter for lousy service just because the meal was good.

Despite our position I have seen nothing in the last 2 matches to make me think we are anything other than a mid table team at best. I don't mind that, but please give me a few players who can pass the bloody ball. And it would help if some of them moved their arses. We criticise the full backs for their poor distribution and terrible throw ins (quite rightly) but the lack of options really doesn't help.

I'm sure some will disagree and say results are all that matters. I agree when it comes to promotion of avoiding relegation. But we aren't going to get promoted, I hope we aren't going to get relegated so please let's have a little bit of entertainment.
I hope the 42500 people who have visited Portman Road in the first 2 games don't read this,knowing what's going to happen the rest of the season, no one will bother going!! :shock:
I think we have to remember, that the current squad is mostly brand new. We've played four competitive matches in the league and we're unbeaten. Two of the teams we've played are favourites to go up. I was pissed off after the Peterborough game, but I'm now trying to put things in perspective. I think it will take a few more weeks to really see where this season will take us. As long as we can stay in the top six mix, I don't see any reason why we can't bounce back. COYB!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Can't wait for the first defeat

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3869
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm

I don't think I'm any different to anyone else. I feel good when we win and down when we lose. That's the immediate feeling at the end of the game. But the points gained at the end of the last 2 games don't disguise two fairly dismal performances. If we'd have lost to Sunderland I wouldn't have posted negative sh*t on here. I don't leap up and down about one poor bloke who made one mistake like many did. I'm more concerned about players who can't pass a ball either through inability or lack of support from the rest of the team. I bet if you're honest there are very few who enjoyed the first 80 minutes last night. That's all I'm saying.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 pm
Can't wait for the first defeat
I can hear the late Graham Taylor’s voice on Premier Manager 98 for the PS1, “We’re gonna play every game..... and we’re gonna win.... every one!”

And err, by the way, 1998 Champions League Winners........ Crewe Alexandra!!! Get the Fk in!! 🤘🤘🤘

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm
I don't think I'm any different to anyone else. I feel good when we win and down when we lose. That's the immediate feeling at the end of the game. But the points gained at the end of the last 2 games don't disguise two fairly dismal performances. If we'd have lost to Sunderland I wouldn't have posted negative sh*t on here. I don't leap up and down about one poor bloke who made one mistake like many did. I'm more concerned about players who can't pass a ball either through inability or lack of support from the rest of the team. I bet if you're honest there are very few who enjoyed the first 80 minutes last night. That's all I'm saying.
From a north of the border Ipswich fan who watches north of the border saaawker....., I hear you, Andy. It can be soul destroying at times, or more accurately, “most of the time”....., but those last minute goals really are a remedy for it and can make a whole evening worthwhile.

But you are making a serious point which I’m sure most do take on board.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm
I don't think I'm any different to anyone else. I feel good when we win and down when we lose. That's the immediate feeling at the end of the game. But the points gained at the end of the last 2 games don't disguise two fairly dismal performances. If we'd have lost to Sunderland I wouldn't have posted negative sh*t on here. I don't leap up and down about one poor bloke who made one mistake like many did. I'm more concerned about players who can't pass a ball either through inability or lack of support from the rest of the team. I bet if you're honest there are very few who enjoyed the first 80 minutes last night. That's all I'm saying.
Andy you've always been the same in your comments about quality football over win at all costs and its good you never waiver, pretty much everything you say is correct although I think credit has to be given to the team for turning last night around after a dismal 60 mins and yes you are right in that i enjoyed very little of that first hour but man the last part of the game more than made up for it. I actually think when everyone is fit we will have the best squad in the division, maybe I'm blinkered but I truly believe that.

User avatar
Dazzz67
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Well my 3 - 0 prediction was utter crud too Marko, sorry too Frosty!

Well PR is a bit of a trek from Swindon but think im going to have to try and get there this season, think Oxford an Bristol away games are going sure bets tho.

Well done lads and PL stick with 442, it prooved and it works.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3869
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm
i enjoyed very little of that first hour but man the last part of the game more than made up for it. I actually think when everyone is fit we will have the best squad in the division, maybe I'm blinkered but I truly believe that.
As I said, I don't think.we really are far apart in our views. I went wild when we equalised and again when we scored the winner. It was a great feeling. But when the final whistle went, it was more like having a pee than having sex - a feeling of relief rather than one of pleasure. 😂

Ando
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm
i enjoyed very little of that first hour but man the last part of the game more than made up for it. I actually think when everyone is fit we will have the best squad in the division, maybe I'm blinkered but I truly believe that.
As I said, I don't think.we really are far apart in our views. I went wild when we equalised and again when we scored the winner. It was a great feeling. But when the final whistle went, it was more like having a pee than having sex - a feeling of relief rather than one of pleasure. 😂

Does that not depend on how long you wait for the sex? 😂

We have waited a long long time to get our club back. Rather last night than easy 3-0 wins.

We are going to have to get used to teams coming and shutting up shop. Under MM that would have been us shutting up shop.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm
i enjoyed very little of that first hour but man the last part of the game more than made up for it. I actually think when everyone is fit we will have the best squad in the division, maybe I'm blinkered but I truly believe that.
As I said, I don't think.we really are far apart in our views. I went wild when we equalised and again when we scored the winner. It was a great feeling. But when the final whistle went, it was more like having a pee than having sex - a feeling of relief rather than one of pleasure. 😂
LMAO :lol: :lol:

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6461
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by TODD66 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 pm

There is one thing that has changed from last season (so far, and may it last).

We are having a debate about the nature of the way we are obtaining draws, and dare I say it wins rather than how we are just generally rank and where is the next point coming from.

Interesting switch in the dynamics.

Blue Wilf
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm

I tell you what - just watching the Championship games on sky tonight and with the sparseness of crowds at both games, i think i would rather have been at a rocking PR last night! 👍

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Another thing I am liking is the debate on the game threads, every League game has received well in excess of 100 posts with some good and reasoned chat etc making them worthwhile, it makes a difference and long may it continue.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm
I tell you what - just watching the Championship games on sky tonight and with the sparseness of crowds at both games, i think i would rather have been at a rocking PR last night! 👍
Noticed this also and totally agree with you. I have not heard noise for a very long time as loud as it was last night after the final whistle at Portman Road

Got to give Paul Lambert credit he has reunited the vast percentage of supporters and really seems to care about our football team and club

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Well I can see where AndyM is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great feeling when we snatched victory in the 94th minute, and the crowd volume brought back memories of the good old days.

But, for a large part of the game we were poor at best. Everybody bangs on about how the football has improved under PL - well I reckon the ball was in the air for well over 50% of the time on Tuesday and I fail to see how that means improved football.

Biggest worry for me, though, is PL's insistence on playing 1 up front - reverting from 4-4-2 was an unmitigated disaster.
OK, he changed it for the second half and it worked - but why did he change the formation at all from the start. As others have said, to get ahead in this division you need to attack, and I'm still not convinced that PL is attack-minded enough. Like I say he got away with it on Tuesday when he changed things second half, but a better opponent would never have let us back into the game.

Have to say, though, that the loanee from Spurs looked great - would like to see him have an extended run with Garbutt behind him at right back.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 pm
Can't wait for the first defeat
I hope that will be some time next year.😎

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 pm

Just a drunken thought... did pl play one up don’t because we only have two fit strikers? Is he trying to save them a little bit,,, just a thought. Don’t shoot me. I’ve just spent a week away with a 6 year old at butlins and I am 51 and knackered!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Nah Nic, I think he just f*cked it up at the start. And I was always a Pontins man myself lol

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs AFC Wimbledon Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:30 am

I’ve thought that as well that we’re going one up top only because we’ve only got two strikers. But looking back to last season, Lambert seemed to prefer one up front. Two up front seems to be the way to go. Let’s hope Keane can get fit quick and stay fit, because he could be an asset. Norwood could benefit from Keane beside him as opposed to be a lone target man.

Post Reply