Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Expect 3 points for this away fixture?

Bolton Win
0
No votes
Ipswich Win
12
92%
Draw
1
8%
 
Total votes: 13

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 pm
I will agree with Mach that Norwood missed chances. But the bloke stil worked his tits off and isn’tjust a one-dimensional goal scorer.. If you’re going to be wasteful ... do it when you win 5-0 and score 2 goals. He should have 4 or 5 thb and this game was a bit lame due to the circumstances. Bolton kids did OK.... so did we. I preferd the ugly last minute win against Wimbledon if I’m honest.
But there will be times when maybe we only get that 1 clear chance and to be honest from what I saw today I hope it falls to Jackson. Seriously, Norwood's finishing was woeful.

I must admit I would have expected Norwood to put away 1 of them 1 on 1’s but his runs and the saves from them lead to 2 goals for others....
I think after the pen moss his confidence is still a little fragile... you could see what the last goal meant to him.
Also worth noting their keeper got MOM...
Norwood top of the goal scoring charts for the league, defo room for improvement by let’s cut him some slack.
Definately. From what I’ve seen so far, Norwood misses more than he scores.... but his movement and tenacity makes chances for himself and others. That’s a welcome improvement from last season. He’ll still score goals. Good to see Edwards get on the scoresheet and really Jackson’s first goal was really Edwards(tap in on the line). Edwards scored a few last season and he could be one who could get 10 this season. I don’t think Jackson’s any more clinical than Norwood. And he needs to time his runs better as he’s caught offside so often. Norwood times his runs far better which gets him into one on ones, although he’s not converting those. I’d worry more if we weren’t making the chances.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am
.....by let’s cut him some slack.
Agreed.

He's not even close to Tampon Arseskin form......., and yes, ok, world class Tampon was part of Championship status ITFC, .... but James has stepped UP to League One. Given time, he'll start finding the net regularly.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by bluejacko » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am

Bloody hell we have actually got TWO forwards that have started to knock the goals in and there is still criticism of them! 🤔

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:25 am

Yep it never ceases to amaze, ITFC fans are a rare breed.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7049
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:29 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 pm
I will agree with Mach that Norwood missed chances. But the bloke stil worked his tits off and isn’tjust a one-dimensional goal scorer.. If you’re going to be wasteful ... do it when you win 5-0 and score 2 goals. He should have 4 or 5 thb and this game was a bit lame due to the circumstances. Bolton kids did OK.... so did we. I preferd the ugly last minute win against Wimbledon if I’m honest.
But there will be times when maybe we only get that 1 clear chance and to be honest from what I saw today I hope it falls to Jackson. Seriously, Norwood's finishing was woeful.

I must admit I would have expected Norwood to put away 1 of them 1 on 1’s but his runs and the saves from them lead to 2 goals for others....
I think after the pen moss his confidence is still a little fragile... you could see what the last goal meant to him.
Also worth noting their keeper got MOM...
Norwood top of the goal scoring charts for the league, defo room for improvement by let’s cut him some slack.
I don’t think Norwood is the type of player to let misses dent his confidence. If he misses a chance I believe he thinks that he will score from the next one. Even though he missed the penalty at Peterborough he didn’t hesitate in wanting to take the one yesterday.

When we signed him I was reading what some of the Tranmere fans were saying about him and quite a few said he often missed one on one’s but was always looking for the next chance. Anyhow, as long as we keep providing the opportunities for him I’m confident he will score on a regular basis for us.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 am

Reminds me of another Town player who always misses One on One's....How is Freddie getting on with his recovery by the way ???

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am
.....by let’s cut him some slack.
Agreed.

He's not even close to Tampon Arseskin form......., and yes, ok, world class Tampon was part of Championship status ITFC, .... but James has stepped UP to League One. Given time, he'll start finding the net regularly.
That’s the thing, Marko, he is hitting the net already. 4 goals in 5 games. Hardly a goal drought.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 am
Reminds me of another Town player who always misses One on One's....How is Freddie getting on with his recovery by the way ???
Nov - May....., Sears, 38 goals! Book it!

(exclamation marks symbolise slight exaggeration........., but only slight!)

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am
.....by let’s cut him some slack.
Agreed.

He's not even close to Tampon Arseskin form......., and yes, ok, world class Tampon was part of Championship status ITFC, .... but James has stepped UP to League One. Given time, he'll start finding the net regularly.
That’s the thing, Marko, he is hitting the net already. 4 goals in 5 games. Hardly a goal drought.
In total agreement.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

bluejacko wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am
Bloody hell we have actually got TWO forwards that have started to knock the goals in and there is still criticism of them! 🤔
If it is criticism then it's justified. Granted he has scored 4 but from how many chances? I think he will score 15 plus my original point was we will not play many teams like Bolton where you get so many chances. If he only gets 1 clear cut chance he needs to put it away. It's like he has to much time to make up his mind what he going to do. He seems better when it's a snap chance instinct if you like. Listen I'm really pleased he chose Town .

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3869
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:55 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

If it is criticism then it's justified. Granted he has scored 4 but from how many chances? I think he will score 15 plus my original point was we will not play many teams like Bolton where you get so many chances. If he only gets 1 clear cut chance he needs to put it away. It's like he has to much time to make up his mind what he going to do. He seems better when it's a snap chance instinct if you like. Listen I'm really pleased he chose Town .
I agree with all of that. Delighted we have him and that he's scoring. But you could argue his penalty miss against Peterborough potentially cost us 2 points just as Chambers' error did against Sunderland - but Chambers got to much more stick for his error.

Thinking back to the days of Darren Bent, he too missed more than he scored. But he created (or had created for him) so many chances in a match that if didn't matter. What we must do is make sure we create lots of chances so that he can afford to miss one or two.

That was our problem against Wimbledon. Wimbledon defended well and deeply, and our passing was not only poor but sluggish. To make chances against teams who play defensively (and I expect we will meet several of them this season) you have to move the ball quickly and accurately and run at them.

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:55 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

If is criticism then it's justified. Granted he has scored 4 but from how many chances? I think he will score 15 plus my original point was we will not play many teams like Bolton where you get so many chances. If he only gets 1 clear cut chance he needs to put it away. It's like he has to much time to make up his mind what he going to do. He seems better when it's a snap chance instinct if you like. Listen I'm really pleased he chose Town .
I agree with all of that. Delighted we have him and that he's scoring. But you could argue his penalty miss against Peterborough potentially cost us 2 points just as Chambers' error did against Sunderland - but Chambers got to much more stick for his error.

Thinking back to the days of Darren Bent, he too missed more than he scored. But he created (or had created for him) so many chances in a match that if didn't matter. What we must do is make sure we create lots of chances so that he can afford to miss one or two.

That was our problem against Wimbledon. Wimbledon defended well and deeply, and our passing was not only poor but sluggish. To make chances against teams who play defensively (and I expect we will meet several of them this season) you have to move the ball quickly and accurately and run at them.
The criticism for missing chances is justified, but is hardly balanced. I don’t see anywhere any credit given to his overall play and the fact he provided assists to Jackson. The timing of some of his runs were very good to set up the one on ones. He’s working hard for the team and to make chances for himself. I’d have him in the team whether he’s scoring or not.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:27 pm

Thank god Norwood didn't miss another penalty cuz I would've been on the useless c*ck like flies on a slop barrell! :lol: Perhaps we should give the bloke some slack, eh?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11578
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm

At least we’re talking about “missed chances” whereas in the past we’d not been creating chances. After only 5 league games played we’ve had 85 shots on goal with 37 of them on target, scoring 11 goals. Last season we had games where we had NO shots on target.

I guess we’re never going to score with every shot, so let’s just keep the chances coming, some of them are bound to end up in the back of the net.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 pm

AylesburyBlue hit the nail on the head, 2 of Norwoods misses resulted in goals, he was in the right place at the right times, caused havoc. A leap of Two divisions in 2 seasons and still top scorer in the division atm.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 pm
AylesburyBlue hit the nail on the head, 2 of Norwoods misses resulted in goals, he was in the right place at the right times, caused havoc. A leap of Two divisions in 2 seasons and still top scorer in the division atm.
But Mike you can't reley on other players making up for his missed opportunies. I willl say it again I'm very pleased he is our player but f*ck me he squanders chances :shock: .

User avatar
BLUEBLOOD
Posts: 2064
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 pm
AylesburyBlue hit the nail on the head, 2 of Norwoods misses resulted in goals, he was in the right place at the right times, caused havoc. A leap of Two divisions in 2 seasons and still top scorer in the division atm.
But Mike you can't reley on other players making up for his missed opportunies. I willl say it again I'm very pleased he is our player but f*ck me he squanders chances :shock: .
All strikers squander chances during any given season. Even Ronaldo and messi and mbappe.
5 games in and your unhappy REALLY! :shock: :o
He will get 20+ at this rate hopefully promotion but we remember him for Squandering chances.
Name any striker that has not.

User avatar
Dazzz67
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Look at our GD, this early in and we are looking good, if someone said we would be top on 3 wins and 2 draws would you complain?

Lets embrace this and hopefully the lads can keep up the momentum, well done all!

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:00 am

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 pm
AylesburyBlue hit the nail on the head, 2 of Norwoods misses resulted in goals, he was in the right place at the right times, caused havoc. A leap of Two divisions in 2 seasons and still top scorer in the division atm.
But Mike you can't reley on other players making up for his missed opportunies. I willl say it again I'm very pleased he is our player but f*ck me he squanders chances :shock: .
All strikers squander chances during any given season. Even Ronaldo and messi and mbappe.
5 games in and your unhappy REALLY! :shock: :o
He will get 20+ at this rate hopefully promotion but we remember him for Squandering chances.
Name any striker that has not.
No I'm not unhappy as it says above. :roll:

tangfastic
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 am

Caption:

James Norwood uses a fiendish disguise to finally outwit a goalkeeper in a one-on-one.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:39 am

wow, one person makes an observation - albeit a criticism - and the blue-tinted brigade jump all over him.

I watched Tranmere's play-off games last season as even then there was a very strong rumour that Norwood was going to sign for us.
I was impressed with his overall game, but by God did he miss a lot of chances in the games I watched.

Speaking to a good friend who is an avid Tranmere supporter, he told me that Norwood was a really good team member, but his conversion rate was actually quite poor in that it was only one in about 7 or 8 chances.

Ok - so as long as the team creates 7 or 8 chances for him every game then no problem as that will mean at least a goal a game - but the fact so far this season is that he has carried on this season with his conversion rate of last season, so from that basis Derick's observation/criticism is spot on.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:07 am

Town’s 5-0 victory at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday could prove to be the Trotters’ last ever game with their takeover deal having collapsed on the morning of the match and the club appearing in real danger of being liquidated on Wednesday.

The takeover by Football Ventures was close to being completed on Friday but with no news the EFL issued a statement on Saturday evening outlining its concerns regarding the delay in the completion of the deal and giving all parties until 5pm on Tuesday to conclude the sale or put “credible plans in place for the club to continue the season in administration”.

A statement this morning from joint-administrator Paul Appleton says that as things stand the deal has broken down and the club is currently in no position to continue: “At 5pm on Friday 23rd August, the completion of the sale of the football club and the hotel had been agreed by all parties and undertakings had been issued by all solicitors except those of Ken Anderson.

“Devastatingly, on Saturday morning that deal collapsed. At this stage, there seems little point in apportioning blame because that makes no difference to the staff, players, management, supporters and the community who have once more seen their club taken back to the brink.

“My team have spent the last 48 hours working around the clock, striving to get a deal back on track and trying to convince the parties still in conflict that the very fate of Bolton Wanderers depends on them finding a compromise.

“The EFL have made their position clear by insisting on a 5pm deadline on Tuesday for a deal to be completed or give compelling reasons for an extension. They have also written to everybody concerned in the process to underline that sense of urgency.

“On Sunday evening, there was some tentative dialogue but we are still some way from reaching a solution. Therefore, I am appealing to those parties whose position seems intractable to do everything to reach a compromise.

“In just over 24 hours, the club will have its membership of the EFL revoked. Over and above that, the club is currently not in a position to carry on trading and, as such, the process of closing down the company will commence on Wednesday.

“This will ultimately lead to its liquidation, the expulsion of the club from the EFL and the inevitable loss of over 150 jobs. More than that, it will devastate a community for whom the football club is a beacon of hope and expectation.

“I reiterate, unless there is a change of position from any of the parties involved, the process of closing down the club and ultimately placing Bolton Wanderers into liquidation will begin this week.”

If that were to happen, Bolton’s results for the season would be expunged and the Blues’ 5-0 goal victory at the weekend would count for nothing with the division continuing with 23 teams, 22 if Bury were to succumb to their own financial problems.

The Shakers also have to meet a Tuesday deadline as they seek to complete a last-ditch takeover.
Crikey looks like I got this wrong, looks like they are doomed, I just didn't see it happening, hopefully it still won't.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am

rossi wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:39 am
wow, one person makes an observation - albeit a criticism - and the blue-tinted brigade jump all over him.

I watched Tranmere's play-off games last season as even then there was a very strong rumour that Norwood was going to sign for us.
I was impressed with his overall game, but by God did he miss a lot of chances in the games I watched.

Speaking to a good friend who is an avid Tranmere supporter, he told me that Norwood was a really good team member, but his conversion rate was actually quite poor in that it was only one in about 7 or 8 chances.

Ok - so as long as the team creates 7 or 8 chances for him every game then no problem as that will mean at least a goal a game - but the fact so far this season is that he has carried on this season with his conversion rate of last season, so from that basis Derick's observation/criticism is spot on.
Thanks Rossi I knew I was right some just can't see the wood for trees :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:20 am

Thing is if the result is expunged Norwood didnt miss any chances so you're wrong :wink:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 2528
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by goldandblack » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:24 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:07 am
Town’s 5-0 victory at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday could prove to be the Trotters’ last ever game with their takeover deal having collapsed on the morning of the match and the club appearing in real danger of being liquidated on Wednesday.

The takeover by Football Ventures was close to being completed on Friday but with no news the EFL issued a statement on Saturday evening outlining its concerns regarding the delay in the completion of the deal and giving all parties until 5pm on Tuesday to conclude the sale or put “credible plans in place for the club to continue the season in administration”.

A statement this morning from joint-administrator Paul Appleton says that as things stand the deal has broken down and the club is currently in no position to continue: “At 5pm on Friday 23rd August, the completion of the sale of the football club and the hotel had been agreed by all parties and undertakings had been issued by all solicitors except those of Ken Anderson.

“Devastatingly, on Saturday morning that deal collapsed. At this stage, there seems little point in apportioning blame because that makes no difference to the staff, players, management, supporters and the community who have once more seen their club taken back to the brink.

“My team have spent the last 48 hours working around the clock, striving to get a deal back on track and trying to convince the parties still in conflict that the very fate of Bolton Wanderers depends on them finding a compromise.

“The EFL have made their position clear by insisting on a 5pm deadline on Tuesday for a deal to be completed or give compelling reasons for an extension. They have also written to everybody concerned in the process to underline that sense of urgency.

“On Sunday evening, there was some tentative dialogue but we are still some way from reaching a solution. Therefore, I am appealing to those parties whose position seems intractable to do everything to reach a compromise.

“In just over 24 hours, the club will have its membership of the EFL revoked. Over and above that, the club is currently not in a position to carry on trading and, as such, the process of closing down the company will commence on Wednesday.

“This will ultimately lead to its liquidation, the expulsion of the club from the EFL and the inevitable loss of over 150 jobs. More than that, it will devastate a community for whom the football club is a beacon of hope and expectation.

“I reiterate, unless there is a change of position from any of the parties involved, the process of closing down the club and ultimately placing Bolton Wanderers into liquidation will begin this week.”

If that were to happen, Bolton’s results for the season would be expunged and the Blues’ 5-0 goal victory at the weekend would count for nothing with the division continuing with 23 teams, 22 if Bury were to succumb to their own financial problems.

The Shakers also have to meet a Tuesday deadline as they seek to complete a last-ditch takeover.
Crikey looks like I got this wrong, looks like they are doomed, I just didn't see it happening, hopefully it still won't.
although us and Bolton fans do have a bad history I wouldn't wish this on any club, including WBA :wink: Trouble is if one club goes under then there will be many on that list,
banks especially have always done there best not to be seen as the plug puller,

fingers crossed Bury and those Wanderers impersonators come good.

wasn't long ago BWFC were a steady mid table premier club until the fans got on the managers back {sacked) and dropped like a stone,
Stoke fans did exactly the same, when in a comfortable position in the premier.(manager sacked )and dropped like a stone,

So many to mention have gone the same way.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16471
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm

That’s about 4 or 5 times now they’ve just missed out on being saved. Feeling sorry for Norwood Wanderers today.

On the subject of Norwood......, that classic 80’s team were creating multiple chances per game, Mariner must’ve missed a few?

Forum member with a Brian Blessed voice: MY DEAR MAN, YOU CANT COMPARE JAMES NORWOOD WITH THE GREAT PAUL MARINER!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20291
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm just pleased the team must have created at least 16 chances for Norwood in that game alone, we are awesome

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:33 pm
I'm just pleased the team must have created at least 16 chances for Norwood in that game alone, we are awesome
We were playing against kids? :shock:

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 pm

https://youtu.be/CCiFczgniRk

I quite enjoyed watching this - very complimentary on our players and fans and makes me feel very sorry for Bolton fans

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:20 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 pm
https://youtu.be/CCiFczgniRk

I quite enjoyed watching this - very complimentary on our players and fans and makes me feel very sorry for Bolton fans
Ha ha brilliant that JohnnyB even that Bolton lass says how bad Norwoods finishing was. :lol:

Post Reply