New deal for Skuse?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

New deal for Skuse?

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Probably a bit of filler from the EADT during international break, but a piece about possible new contracts - notably a new deal perhaps for Cole Skuse.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/contract-d ... -1-6261724

I think he’s been excellent this season, but I wouldn’t give him a long deal. Maybe the best scenario is to trigger the one year extension and have the option of another year. That would tie him in with Chambers and they seem to come as a package. He’s apparently been told he could play till he’s 38-39 ... well good luck to him, but we have to have an eye on the future.

And Dozzells contract is up as well this season. For me, offload in January for as much as we can get. His club career here is going nowhere.

I’d really like to see Dobra tied down ASAP before other clubs come sniffing.

AylesburyBlue

Re: New deal for Skuse?

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm
Probably a bit of filler from the EADT during international break, but a piece about possible new contracts - notably a new deal perhaps for Cole Skuse.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/contract-d ... -1-6261724

I think he’s been excellent this season, but I wouldn’t give him a long deal. Maybe the best scenario is to trigger the one year extension and have the option of another year. That would tie him in with Chambers and they seem to come as a package. He’s apparently been told he could play till he’s 38-39 ... well good luck to him, but we have to have an eye on the future.

And Dozzells contract is up as well this season. For me, offload in January for as much as we can get. His club career here is going nowhere.

I’d really like to see Dobra tied down ASAP before other clubs come sniffing.
Agree with all of this.
Skuse - another year
Dozzell - ship him to whoever is stupid enough to buy him
Dobra - 4 year deal

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 am

Due to play his 250th game for Town today, a great servant and ever reliable stalwart of the team.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Playing the best football of his Ipswich career in my opjnion; maybe because we are playing at a lower level.

I wouldn't go further than triggering the one year extension at his age however. It takes longer to recover from injuries.