MK Dons vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we take 3 points off the Dons?

MK Dons Win
13%
Ipswich Win
38%
Draw
50%

Total votes: 16

BLUEBLOOD

Re: MK Dons vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm

Coventry just scored 2-1 up now

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

All over 👊

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

1-0 COYB great result 4 clean sheets in a row

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 pm

Happy to have hung on. Shame Coventry managed to get an injury time winner but all other results were great.
Great job Tractor boys!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Thank god for that!!

Bit tense during the 2nd half, but another 3 points in the bag.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Well done you blues, great 3 points.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Norwood injury a big concern.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 pm

2nd half so different from the first. We will miss Norwoods battling qualities thats for sure.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Get in there boys, dominant 1st half and should have been 3 up, awful second half and fortunate to hang on but hey who cares. 4 clean sheets in a row and still unbeaten. Norwood has done his calf and Jackson injured too apparently. Happy journey home

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:58 pm
Get in there boys, dominant 1st half and should have been 3 up, awful second half and fortunate to hang on but hey who cares. 4 clean sheets in a row and still unbeaten. Norwood has done his calf and Jackson injured too apparently. Happy journey home
Mike
I know it’s hard to tell but how bad did Norwood’s injury look?
Sounds like Holy had a decent game. Safe journey back and will probably see you Saturday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 pm

It didn't look overly serious but as usual the whispers of a month out were circulating. Holy made 3 decent saves yes, he's a decent keeper. Yes should see you Saturday

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm

I've had to go out this evening but it seems Norwood could be fit for Saturday so someone is saying hope they are right, great 3 points COYB.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Serious question now. Be honest.. Holy or Bart

Honestly i think this keeper we now have is the business. Yes few things need improving but hes ok in my books. I don't feel hes a weak link

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Holy every time after tonight. He was great second half, and had zero to do first half. We looked poor without Norwood and Keane is sooooo not match fit. However, clean sheet, a win and can’t complain about that. We would have lost this last year, so to win despite playing poorly second half is a good omen.
Great singing by the fans as well - especially the left side 😏✌️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:48 pm

Turns out its Norwoods groin not calf

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 am

Only got scores about ten minutes ago, been too busy with other events. Thought we would lose but content to be proved wrong. Initial reports suggest there were an element of fortune in taking three points but didn't follow the game in all defense. Suggests also play was scrappy at times, you know, a duplication of other games that have come before it but it's all about the end product many would argue.

Shame Coventry scored when they did but we got a game in hand and we have a certain momentum right now. Dismayed that look set to miss the Priestfield trip but hope whoever's able to make it roots for the team in any absence and further points will arrive.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 am

1.30 AM got back home from the game. Been a long day but got what I wanted as I had said yesterday that it was all about 3 points today as the best way to forget the disappointing game against Doncaster. 3 points and back home being relieved. But an actual relief is enormous given the poor 2nd half performance.

I was very surprised with the amount of changes in the line-up but I liked that. Got my wish in dropping ineffective so far Judge. Seemed like an attacking approach and it proved to be the case in the first half in which we should and could have easily put the game to bed. Utterly dominant and not killing the game off was a regret. Jackson's one v one with Nicholls saved by their goalie plus Vincent-Young somehow failing to hit the target from close range. The latter though was absolutely brilliant throughout the first half and loved going forward at every opportunity. It is too premature to say that in him we've got the best right-back from a very long time, I'd say from Wilnis' days but the early signs are very promising. 

Norwood going off made things worse for us as it's been a different story without him. In the second half which was draining we looked toothless with not fully fit Keane. Yes we had the ability to hit them on the break but unfortunately Nicholls had practically nothing to do just one lame shot from Downes.
We allowed MK Dons for too much. They were in our box too often in my opinion. We were toying with fire and got lucky a few times but there is main hero in Holy. We're very much indebted to him for saving us 3 points after the break. That save by his leg from the close range was particularly outstanding. 

Most of our team looked somewhat jaded and some players' fitness level weren't sufficient. So the final whistle was like a bag of stones off my shoulders as the second half was really tiresome. 

Huws and Nolan combining for the goal was one of the positive aspects as they hadn't play much this season. Vincent-Young for the first half, Holy for the 2nd. Need to mention Wilson too as again he hasn't done anything wrong. 

However the biggest positive after today are numbers and stats. Yes we were lucky at times but the facts are that we got 3 points and this is a 4th clean sheet in a row, we remain unbeaten therefore f**k the negatives ;) The negatives remain but this is the subject for the different debate. Another numbers are in the shape of our phenomenal support for Tuesday night game. 3360 noisy Town fans so to be among them and taking 3 points means that this trek was worth every penny. 

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:15 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 am
1.30 AM got back home from the game. Been a long day but got what I wanted as I had said yesterday that it was all about 3 points today as the best way to forget the disappointing game against Doncaster. 3 points and back home being relieved. But an actual relief is enormous given the poor 2nd half performance.

I was very surprised with the amount of changes in the line-up but I liked that. Got my wish in dropping ineffective so far Judge. Seemed like an attacking approach and it proved to be the case in the first half in which we should and could have easily put the game to bed. Utterly dominant and not killing the game off was a regret. Jackson's one v one with Nicholls saved by their goalie plus Vincent-Young somehow failing to hit the target from close range. The latter though was absolutely brilliant throughout the first half and loved going forward at every opportunity. It is too premature to say that in him we've got the best right-back from a very long time, I'd say from Wilnis' days but the early signs are very promising. 

Norwood going off made things worse for us as it's been a different story without him. In the second half which was draining we looked toothless with not fully fit Keane. Yes we had the ability to hit them on the break but unfortunately Nicholls had practically nothing to do just one lame shot from Downes.
We allowed MK Dons for too much. They were in our box too often in my opinion. We were toying with fire and got lucky a few times but there is main hero in Holy. We're very much indebted to him for saving us 3 points after the break. That save by his leg from the close range was particularly outstanding. 

Most of our team looked somewhat jaded and some players' fitness level weren't sufficient. So the final whistle was like a bag of stones off my shoulders as the second half was really tiresome. 

Huws and Nolan combining for the goal was one of the positive aspects as they hadn't play much this season. Vincent-Young for the first half, Holy for the 2nd. Need to mention Wilson too as again he hasn't done anything wrong. 

However the biggest positive after today are numbers and stats. Yes we were lucky at times but the facts are that we got 3 points and this is a 4th clean sheet in a row, we remain unbeaten therefore f**k the negatives ;) The negatives remain but this is the subject for the different debate. Another numbers are in the shape of our phenomenal support for Tuesday night game. 3360 noisy Town fans so to be among them and taking 3 points means that this trek was worth every penny. 

[/quote
you summed it up well there Mach, i watched it on ifollow, as you say first half very dominant 2nd half backs against walls stuff. Over the years how many times have we seen Town throw away leads or even draws in the last minute, so 3 good points now lets move on to Gillingham.........And get some sleep Mach :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 am

I’m sure there’ll be discussions about the second half performance, but just happy with the 3 points. I don’t think after 8 games we’ve had a complete performance, but we’re still picking up points. That can’t be just luck after 8 games.

KVY looks a class act. I thought Wilson looked very good. He doesn’t mess around - just defends. If he is our 4th choice CB, then CB should not be a problem area. Holy made some important saves - he’s looked far more solid in the last two games.

Pity about Norwood. For a taller striker, Keane won nothing in the air with his head. Play it to his feet and he has excellent touch. We could really do with Norwood back ASAP - more for his all-round play as anything else. I have a feeling Lambert will try and get Nolan into the team as a regular and so longer term we’re maybe unlikely to stick with a 4-4-2. Maybe Norwood injury will decide that. Difficult to know what’s our strongest line-up so far, but Judge wasn’t missed.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am

nicscreamer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 pm
Anyone else going tomorrow?
Yep, me and my boy will be there. Its only 45 mins from our house so an easy away game for us
In also 40 minutes away... where about to you live, may be able to offer you a lift for future games?

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 am
nicscreamer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 am
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 pm
Anyone else going tomorrow?
Yep, me and my boy will be there. Its only 45 mins from our house so an easy away game for us
In also 40 minutes away... where about to you live, may be able to offer you a lift for future games?
Royston. And ditto.. if you are close

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:00 am

There was a total 6721 away fans in L1 last night 3360 ipswich fans 3361 the rest. Well done to all those that made the trip 👏.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 am

That's an incredible stat. We do have a fantastic away support

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 am

That is indeed an amazing stat. I only manage 1 or 2 away games a season but it's wonderful how many get to match after match.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:36 am

great night out, traffic there was a bitch,
went through car parks and was told to go to main round loop roundabout and re join - hahah NO chance prob one mile tailback with 20min to spare,
decided to park on a verge by an estate,

got a burger and drink, sat and kick off, Phew,

i tell ya what.... drink, MK don double burger and twin yorkie for £6.50 was decent, and the burger was damn nice

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 am
I’m sure there’ll be discussions about the second half performance, but just happy with the 3 points. I don’t think after 8 games we’ve had a complete performance, but we’re still picking up points. That can’t be just luck after 8 games.

KVY looks a class act. I thought Wilson looked very good. He doesn’t mess around - just defends. If he is our 4th choice CB, then CB should not be a problem area. Holy made some important saves - he’s looked far more solid in the last two games.

Pity about Norwood. For a taller striker, Keane won nothing in the air with his head. Play it to his feet and he has excellent touch. We could really do with Norwood back ASAP - more for his all-round play as anything else. I have a feeling Lambert will try and get Nolan into the team as a regular and so longer term we’re maybe unlikely to stick with a 4-4-2. Maybe Norwood injury will decide that. Difficult to know what’s our strongest line-up so far, but Judge wasn’t missed.
I'm sure there will be discussions about the second half but equally I choose to discuss the first half too !! I agree with you completely in that after Eight games it can't and isn't luck, we are nowhere near at our best but still winning games and unbeaten and much of this is to do with several players returning to the fold and when they are fully up to speed I believe our squad will be too good for most in this division.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 pm

only 73 to 75 points more to return, 8)

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 am

laugh of the night was us lot signing,

We are the left side
We are the right side
we are the left side
we are the right side

went on for ages,

brilliant

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am

Quasar wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 am

We are the left side
We are the right side
we are the left side
we are the right side

went on for ages,

brilliant
It was excellent, and of course the left side were best... just saying ;-)

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:17 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am
Quasar wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 am

We are the left side
We are the right side
we are the left side
we are the right side

went on for ages,

brilliant
It was excellent, and of course the left side were best... just saying ;-)
Well i was on the right side, and we seemed louder :P