Southend

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Southend

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm
If anything pisses me off it's people selling tickets on for a profit.
Can remember the 78 cup final when people were selling a particular voucher for large sums of money which had been given out earlier in the season at a match, as it was key for obtaining a ticket for the final. I happened to have a spare as a family member who had came to the game earlier in the season with me wasn't really that interested in football and just gave it to me.
Anyhow, there was someone who had followed the Town for years who had unfortunately missed out on getting this voucher as they couldn't attend the game that day and so I gave them my spare one for free. Lots of people told me I was mad as I could have made a fair amount of money for it but it never entered my head to do that and I was just pleased a true Town fan was able to get a ticket for the final.
Have to say I agree. I feel guilty as I buy a gold card so I can get tickets to the few away games I can get to.
But I wouldn't buy them and sell them on.
And I'll repeat my offer from earlier; if anyone here wants to use my gold card for games I'm not going to, I'm happy to let you.
That's the point of a Gold Card Andy, you aren't doing anything wrong.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Southend

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Ipswich just announced more tickets. On sale Thursday to season tickets. I like the bit saying expected to sell out within first hour!!!

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/octobe ... d-fixture/

Amazing support, think all you away traveller supporters are just totally amazing

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Southend

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 pm

That's why it made no sense when Gold card holders couldn't get a tkt as they went to ST holders. Yes the away support is second to none, we would have easily sold 5k for this one. Anyone seen how many we've sold for Accrington Sunday ?

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Southend

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 pm
That's why it made no sense when Gold card holders couldn't get a tkt as they went to ST holders. Yes the away support is second to none, we would have easily sold 5k for this one. Anyone seen how many we've sold for Accrington Sunday ?
Don't know what the allocation is, but you can still by standing and seats. Does not help with it being on TV.

User avatar
bluejacko
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Southend

Post by bluejacko » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm

No no it’s all a rumour till 10.30 at least 😀

Ando
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Southend

Post by Ando » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Hopefully will try and get a couple of tickets for Southend on Thursday. The wife can’t go so just me and the lad. Will be glued to my pad just before 10 on the refresh button 😂

hallamblue
Posts: 24045
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Southend

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Ipswich just announced more tickets. On sale Thursday to season tickets. I like the bit saying expected to sell out within first hour!!!

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/octobe ... d-fixture/

Amazing support, think all you away traveller supporters are just totally amazing
I spoke to a member of staff in the shop last week and commented about the number of people that had been queuing outside the shop for tickets ( Southend). He said the problem is fans were getting irate when they were then told at the counter in the shop that the tickets had sold out, and that this was because they were available for general sale online before the ticket office opens. The online ticket sales has nothing to do with the shop ticket sales apparently. You couldn’t write it could you.

Ando
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Southend

Post by Ando » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Extra tickets gone in less than 2 minutes. I was on dead on 10 got as far as add to basket, pressed add to basket to be told sold out.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16606
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Southend

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Ando wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm
Extra tickets gone in less than 2 minutes. I was on dead on 10 got as far as add to basket, pressed add to basket to be told sold out.
😳 That really is incredible. Lambos morale boosting attitude has worked wonders, ...., the results and table is all positive..... and instantly Sarf’end tickets are hotter than Little Mix live in Edinburgh tickets.

Ando
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Southend

Post by Ando » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 pm

I feel sorry for those who travel away far more than I ever have who can’t get tickets if I’m being honest.

I recall back in the early 2000’s watching England cricket with lads from the cricket club I played for, we used to get tickets fairly easily. It all changed after England won the ashes in 2005. So much tougher to get tickets.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16606
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Southend

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Ando wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 pm
I feel sorry for those who travel away far more than I ever have who can’t get tickets if I’m being honest.

I recall back in the early 2000’s watching England cricket with lads from the cricket club I played for, we used to get tickets fairly easily. It all changed after England won the ashes in 2005. So much tougher to get tickets.
Really? Cricket?















































:lol:

Ando
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Southend

Post by Ando » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 pm
Ando wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 pm
I feel sorry for those who travel away far more than I ever have who can’t get tickets if I’m being honest.

I recall back in the early 2000’s watching England cricket with lads from the cricket club I played for, we used to get tickets fairly easily. It all changed after England won the ashes in 2005. So much tougher to get tickets.
Really? Cricket?

Cricket, hockey, football played them all at club level. A day out at the cricket has been known to get messy 🍺.















































:lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16606
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Southend

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 pm

If Donny can demolish Sarf’end, got to expect ITFC can at least win this game at the weekend.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Southend

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 pm

We'll be expected to score 10 now.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Southend

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Think Sol is glad he taken them on ?

They must at least try for guessing other Gillingham we are their closest in location.. Are we?

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16606
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Southend

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 pm

Definitely don’t think ITFC will repeat what Donny done, but “bouncing back” after a heavy defeat like that isn’t always the case. They’ll be very low. Not expecting the big win but am definitely expecting the win.

Having said that, fingers crossed Rothers don’t hand out any insane performances tomorrow night! :shock:

Post Reply