Home attendances

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Home attendances

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Ipswich went through the 100,000 fans for the first 5 league games this season with a combined total of 100,703. Which i think is brilliant support.

Kerry Blue

Re: Home attendances

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Excellent support and can only get better if we keep winning, I only wish I could attend.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Take that, McCarthy!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Impressive figures Derick

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Was a bit worried that attendances would be down on last season but so far so great, pushing almost 20k on Saturday can see it topping 20 if we keep the performances up.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 am

It's fascinating to be honest. And a big surprise for me. I mean we are in League 1 where the quality of opposition is generally a long way down on Champ. No big name players to watch, very few internationals, and yet the club has created a vibe that can pack in 20k for every home game, and as long as we continue in the current vein this can only improve (bad Winter weather notwithstanding).

Hats off to the club for turning this around and also to those who said a year or two back that relegation could be the (re)making of the club. That does look possible.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 am
Hats off to the club for turning this around and also to those who said a year or two back that relegation could be the (re)making of the club. That does look possible.
I've been saying it for at least 10 years, not that we should aim for relegation, but that playing sh*t McCarthy style football just to scrape by every year can be more damaging in the long run than relegation.

At the end of the day football is an entertainment sport, without the entertainment a club can lose a massive chunk of it's fan base which is the lifeblood of a club. It has surprised me that we've gotten such great crowds this year, that makes me more confident that perhaps not too much damage has been done, and backs up the fact a promotion fight a division down is far more enjoyable to be a part of than stagnation.

Just need to keep it going and then eyes on Evans when the time comes to back it up with a bit of cash flow.