The downside of these International breaks for Town

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

The downside of these International breaks for Town

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Over the last 10 seasons the club's record after a international breaks is very poor to say the least.
Since then they have P19 W 0 D 9 L 10 ( source TWTD)

Indeed we haven’t managed to get all 3 points from the game immediately after an IB since beating Millwall in 2014.

Hopefully time for a change this coming Sunday. But then I noticed we are also live on Sky..... as if we didn’t have enough to concern ourselves with! :D ....oh and Mike is leaving Ipswich around 4am to get to the game. Hats off t9 the Super Tractor-Boy. Hope the lads get those 3 points for you Mike👍 ( enjoy your day).

number 9

Re: The downside of these International breaks for Town

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm

I was gonna say he’ll be up the crack of dawn, but then I realized some may take offense. :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:46 pm
Over the last 10 seasons the club's record after a international breaks is very poor to say the least.

Indeed we haven’t managed to get all 3 points from the game immediately after an IB since beating Millwall in 2014.

Hopefully time for a change this coming Sunday. But then I noticed we are also live on Sky..... as if we didn’t have enough to concern ourselves with! :D ....oh and Mike is leaving Ipswich around 4am to get to the game. Hats off t9 the Super Tractor-Boy. Hope the lads get those 3 points for you Mike👍 ( enjoy your day).

Do we have any first team players on International duty these days, or do they all just have a weekend off ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:

LOL thanks Liz, I think I am nuts not super !!!! BUT we will extinguish the hoodoo Sunday.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Do we have any first team players on International duty these days, or do they all just have a weekend off ?
Judge was an unused. sub on the weekend and Downes and Dozzell are in England under 20’s squad. El Mizouni was in a Tunisian squad.. Dobra was in an Albanian under 19’s squad. Really just Judge and especially Downes would be missed - but the advantage is it gives time for Vincent-Young and Norwood to rest injuries during the break.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:50 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:19 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Judge was an unused. sub on the weekend and Downes and Dozzell are in England under 20’s squad. El Mizouni was in a Tunisian squad.. Dobra was in an Albanian under 19’s squad. Really just Judge and especially Downes would be missed - but the advantage is it gives time for Vincent-Young and Norwood to rest injuries during the break.
Thanks Tang.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Downes limped off injured apparently - great ! 🙄

NB: Well done England tonight 6-0 👍 and stick that one in your racist pipes and smoke it Bulgaria .
Last edited by hallamblue on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:54 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm
I was gonna say he’ll be up the crack of dawn, but then I realized some may take offense. :D
Ha ha ha .... sorry you’ll have to explain that one to me #9 😇

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:13 pm
hallamblue wrote:

LOL thanks Liz, I think I am nuts not super !!!! BUT we will extinguish the hoodoo Sunday.

Don’t come home if we don’t lol .... ps I’ll be looking for you on the tv 👍😁