UEFA cop out .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

UEFA cop out .....

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:27 pm

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/#

What a complete f*ck up! They are not fit for purpose.

arana peligrosa

Re: UEFA cop out .....

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 am

Too much information. Hard to pick out the most relevant items. Wondered why the English would disrupt or ridicule the Bulgarian national anthem and vice versa but the racist element behavior or whatever transpired on the night can't be easily overlooked.

You wonder what actions will be undertaken if any at all but end product being most likely fines awarded. Any talk of Bulgaria being forced out of next years Euro Finals because of it that you heard just recent would seem to amount to little. A number of soft-asses in the sport hierarchy where warnings are brought to the fore and next to nothing handed out by way of eventual reprimand.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 am

Ha good old UEFA, and their anti-racism stance. I’m reminded of this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ine-racism

Nicholas Bendtner gets banned for a game and cops an £80,000 fine for promoting a betting agency on the top of his underpants, meanwhile Football Associations get fined a tenth that for their fans racist chanting. I hate FIFA and UEFA for this, all this hand holding before the games, and the respect banners, and all that feel good white wash makes me gag. They clearly couldn’t give a stuff about racism in reality, if they did, they’d take effective action. It’s a sick joke that the England players still have to suffer this, year after year nothing gets done.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:46 pm

saint jude wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 am
Too much information. Hard to pick out the most relevant items. Wondered why the English would disrupt or ridicule the Bulgarian national anthem and vice versa but the racist element behavior or whatever transpired on the night can't be easily overlooked.

You wonder what actions will be undertaken if any at all but end product being most likely fines awarded. Any talk of Bulgaria being forced out of next years Euro Finals because of it that you heard just recent would seem to amount to little. A number of soft-asses in the sport hierarchy where warnings are brought to the fore and next to nothing handed out by way of eventual reprimand.
The England fans where reacting to the Bulgarians not respecting our anthem.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 am

Still no reason for our fans to boo their anthem.
It's one of the things that really pisses me off when following England. Is it really that difficult just to stay quiet for a minute or two? Unfortunately the moron element is starting to increase again in regards to England away games and there is a danger that all the hard work to try and restore the reputation of England fans could be undone by these idiots.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:46 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 am
Still no reason for our fans to boo their anthem.
It's one of the things that really pisses me off when following England. Is it really that difficult just to stay quiet for a minute or two? Unfortunately the moron element is starting to increase again in regards to England away games and there is a danger that all the hard work to try and restore the reputation of England fans could be undone by these idiots.
Well said Shed, it is f**king embarrassing.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:10 pm

I stopped following England in the early 80’s and didn’t go to my next game until last season when England played Spain in Seville. Whilst the fans in the stadium behaved well there was a huge following without tickets who caused bedlam in the City and disgraced our Country. It has put me off going to any future games and needs controlling, how I simply don’t know.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:45 pm

It's not only the English who cause - or attempt - disruption when traveling or believe they have a reputation for disorder. However to what extent the problem lies either now or in the past they're simply not in the same league as some South American nations, Italy, possibly Russia, Poland et cetera regards organized fan misbehavior. Make the English look like Guardian readers in some comparison.

Bit like Millwall as an international perspective. Believe they got a certain reputation to live up to. Challenge for things every now and again and make the odd semi-final appearance but in no way prove a serious threat to actually winning a tangible trophy or accolade.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Is this all fact based, Saint or is it assumptions?

Not sure that an English club football forum is best place to counter your post, especially being a Scotsman..... but if the English (in the past) weren’t on a par with the nations you submitted, they certainly gave it a bloody good go at trying.
I think, (and I may be making assumptions myself) that In recent times, England have arguably been targeted instead of being the instigators. Especially their games v Germany etc.

But, agree with Shed. Domestic football is very slowly getting worse too, and I speak there of Scotland. Troublemaker element definitely rising at Easter Road.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Thing is it’s not a football “ problem”, but more a social/ society one. People don’t have good old fashioned manners and respect for anyone or anything anymore do they. It starts at home!