Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will we go after the International break?

Accrington Win
1
7%
Ipswich Win
11
73%
Draw
3
20%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 pm

You're right Derick the Ref is a wanker

User avatar
phily bon bon
Posts: 10827
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Should have been a red card :oops:

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 pm

So should Dobra's

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Ball over the line goal not given this ref is a wanker
I think that's more of the linesman's decision.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 pm
So should Dobra's
Difference the later was two footed lunge from off the ground

That's leg breaker tackle and he knew it

User avatar
phily bon bon
Posts: 10827
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Come on you blues ⚽

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Accrington have conceded more goals in the final 15 mins than any other League One team, some hope maybe ?

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Accrington have conceded more goals in the final 15 mins than any other League One team, some hope maybe ?
The only player who looked like creating anything sent off.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:45 pm

I feel for our fans, 9hrs travelling to watch that sh*te.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7088
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Awful performance. The test now comes in how we react to this.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm

That’s one of the poorest games of football I’ve ever watched on tv.

That was only Accrington’s 3rd clean sheet in 34 games and only their 3rd win this season.

I think I need to watch Man Utd v Liverpool later to remind me what proper football is like.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I think I need to watch Man Utd v Liverpool later to remind me what proper football is like.
That could be a decent idea.

That was utter pish and a complete waste of everyone’s time. Worse than Scottish football utter pish. Ipswich need to forget about SKYTV so my buddies don’t have the excuse to text me, “Remind me again? Why this shower o sh*te?”

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:23 pm

f*ck me that was painful, all this way for that sh*te.
First off we deserved nothing today, BUT god that ref was crap, first goal was a foul and the penalty soft, ours was a good foot over the line from where I was standing so decisions went against us.

I have no idea why we persist with Jackson as the lone striker when we play one up front, he can't play that role.

Why oh why do we persist with Judge, he is f**king useless and offers nothing, neither does Dozzell but he only played today as he has to play a certain percentage of games which then allows us to use him as one of the players on international duty so we can call games off and Oxford is coming up, it's a joke.

Nsiala doesn't look the same player in a back Three either and was only now returning, Edwards a shadow of KVY too. I really felt for Dobra, he was our best player by far and is some talent, he will learn from his mistake.

Its only one defeat and it had to happen some time but the manner of it was so disappointing, thankfully we get the chance to bounce back quickly on Wednesday. Long haul home now !!

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2932
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm

What we learnt is Toto is not good enough Edwards can't play right back Judge is just woeful Dozzell is a lightweight. And when they all play at the same time we are awful. As for the referee he is either born in Accrington or Scumsville because he was that biased.

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:55 pm

We need to get back on the horse again ... quickly. Hopefully, KVY, Norwood and Downes are fit for Wednesday.

I don’t get why Keane is on the bench and we don’t use him alongside Jackson. We desperately need someone physical up front next to Jackson.

I’ve got no problem with the decisions with their goals - just bad defending. Toto misjudged the header and took out a player in the box. Clear penalty for me. Might have been a push on Edwards, but why was he left to mark two big players at the far post? And credit to Accrington... they looked like they could add a third. Truly deserved win for them.

We have some key players missing and maybe it shows we’re not as strong in depth.

Got no problem with Dobra ... he’ll learn and at least he shows some spirit. He’s shown more spirit in half an hour than Dozzell has ever shown. Over-rated Show pony for me. And agree about Judge .... when is he going to show his class? He should be more than comfortable at this level. We’ve tried him in several positions and he’s still not stamping his authority on the game.

It was going to happen, but need to get back in the winning groove next game.

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm
What we learnt is Toto is not good enough Edwards can't play right back Judge is just woeful Dozzell is a lightweight. And when they all play at the same time we are awful. As for the referee he is either born in Accrington or Scumsville because he was that biased.
I think on that first half showing from Toto, Wilson might have his new contract rubber-stamped. Another player we missed today.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Watched that on Now. P*ss poor value for £9.99...

Toothless attack and poor tactic of chucking high balls into their box crowded with big men was never likely to work. Although I get it’s easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight. Only real positive is Dobra who looked very good when he came on, but aside from him there were ineffectual performances all over the field and AS deserved victory.

Still top though so let’s hope we can bounce back on Wednesday

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:54 pm

I think it highlights that we should never have taken a week off for the International break, there really was no need and we lost our motivation unnecessarily because of it. For sure our unbeaten run was due to run out sooner or later but surely not at Accrington in such a sloppy manner. Unfortunately from now on this result will give a massive uplift to future opponents who until today would have been almost beaten before the game kicked off. Very disappointing.

Ando
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:54 pm
I think it highlights that we should never have taken a week off for the International break, there really was no need and we lost our motivation unnecessarily because of it. For sure our unbeaten run was due to run out sooner or later but surely not at Accrington in such a sloppy manner. Unfortunately from now on this result will give a massive uplift to future opponents who until today would have been almost beaten before the game kicked off. Very disappointing.
I think today’s proves the decision to be correct, because those missing today would have been missing last week.

Those who doubt Norwood missing 1 v 1’s should realise how much more he gives the team and jackson in particular (not pointing at you Charnwood just making my point in one post).

We look so much better with two STRIKERS up front, today reminded me a little of last season. Let’s be clear we were always going to lose games and we are still in a strong position. It’s how the team bounces back on Wednesday is more important.

Nsiala has always been a ticking time bomb in my opinion, it is difficult coming back into the team after injury but his decision making is not the best and he gets too tight and is often rolled by forwards. Hopefully Wilson will be back in.

Saying all that it was one of those games today where decisions and 50/50 moments did not go our way.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8776
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by saint jude » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Took in game highlights a moment ago but not everything would appear as conclusive as you'd wish or those that were in attendance. Two instances of the ball on the opposition goalline but questions remain were they valid. Was hard to ascertain given the highlights and angle provided but the match official was harsh with the penalty decision and sending off with Dobra. Nisiala made a challenge in the area that on another day would have been unpunished but you always run the risk of caution when instances as such occur in the six-yard area. Referee today hardly covered himself in glory but it was a culmination of playing one up front and an uncharacteristic lame performance from ourselves that did for today.

f*ck international weekends and being involved on Sky television, as it never seems to do the team any favors. Need to get back in gear for next week and put behind today and focus on the challenge ahead. Just a blip on an otherwise promising start, with more competent match officials and the momentum we have produced thus far the team will be back on track in no time ahead. Game highlights supplied if possible, catch if while you can.


User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:42 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:54 pm
I think it highlights that we should never have taken a week off for the International break, there really was no need and we lost our motivation unnecessarily because of it. For sure our unbeaten run was due to run out sooner or later but surely not at Accrington in such a sloppy manner. Unfortunately from now on this result will give a massive uplift to future opponents who until today would have been almost beaten before the game kicked off. Very disappointing.
I think today’s proves the decision to be correct, because those missing today would have been missing last week.

Those who doubt Norwood missing 1 v 1’s should realise how much more he gives the team and jackson in particular (not pointing at you Charnwood just making my point in one post).

We look so much better with two STRIKERS up front, today reminded me a little of last season. Let’s be clear we were always going to lose games and we are still in a strong position. It’s how the team bounces back on Wednesday is more important.

Nsiala has always been a ticking time bomb in my opinion, it is difficult coming back into the team after injury but his decision making is not the best and he gets too tight and is often rolled by forwards. Hopefully Wilson will be back in.

Saying all that it was one of those games today where decisions and 50/50 moments did not go our way.

I still just wonder if we might have been better off playing WW on the back of the 0-1 win at Fleetwood rather than taking a blank week thus maintaining motivation and morale without interruption. Given his importance to the team maybe James Norwood wouldn’t have had his minor groin operation which I assume was only done when it was because of the International break and because it was felt we could do without him against lowly Accrington Stanley.

I may be completely wrong but I just have a feeling that having a weekend off does the players more harm than good especially when they’re on a roll of winning results. In reverse a struggling team may well gain an advantage having a weekend off by gaining extra time to clear their heads.

I’ve not tried to prove this theory and it may be a complete load of bollocks, it’s just in my head that every time we have an International break we screw up in our next game.

Ando
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 pm

I think PL thought Norwood may have been fit in time following the planned operation. International break. I think the sky and international break stats can not be ignored however how many of these players have played in the games we refer too. For me it’s just one of those situations that turn up on occasions.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:35 am

Very disappointing performance and there are no excuses at all. Yes the ref was awful but so were we.

A few players missing but we have a big squad so that was an opportunity for some to claim their places in the team. However the likes of Vincent-Young, Downes and Norwood when fully fit will have no problems whatsoever with coming back into the team. We badly missed all three of them yesterday.

Andre Dozzell :evil: :evil: :evil: The love child of soppy, sentimental number of our fans who have been pampering him for 2-3 years because of his surname. He is nowhere near as good as his Dad and will never be. Not good enough last season to win a place in that awful team, not good enough to be a regular in League One or even shine in this league. Sell him or even let him go for free at the quickest opportunity. Sick of his incompetence and inability to pass the ball, to unlock oppositions defences. Been sick of him for a long while and that 'love' for him. Wonder if that sentimental brigade still thinks that he should play every week.

Alan Judge......offers absolutely nothing. Georgiou who replaced him for the last 25 minutes did more by having had a shot on target and decent delivery. I don't know if the off-field issues affect Judge's performances but he is so poor and disappointing. Supposed to be a star in this league.

Gwion Edwards.....yet another one who pissed me off with his incompetence. Remember him saying a few months ago that Championship was even tougher than he thought. What does stop him to be as efficient as he had been while at Peterborough?

Second half and long balls towards little Dobra who himself needed to challenge a giant centre-back. WTF was that? Why not sending on Keane who would have offered a physical battle. Accrington were far closer to score their third than us.

Bad day all things considered. Strange and wrong team selection, strange and wrong some substitutions. Lambert got it totally wrong.

Any positives after yesterday? Yes, we are still a top of this horrible, rotten, tinpot league.

Wednesday's game against Rotherham and the way we react can't come quick enough.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Granted, we would have liked to have played the game [at home to Wycombe] last week due to having a bit of momentum but I don’t think the break’s been a real hindrance on our performance.
Interesting comments from Cole Skuse, seems the players would like to have played it, Lambo clearly thought differently.

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:18 pm
Granted, we would have liked to have played the game [at home to Wycombe] last week due to having a bit of momentum but I don’t think the break’s been a real hindrance on our performance.
Interesting comments from Cole Skuse, seems the players would like to have played it, Lambo clearly thought differently.
I initially wanted to play the game, but then we had injuries to KVY and Norwood. Could see the sense of cancellation to get those players fit.
I have a feeling that if we’ve got a fit side in November we’ll play against Oxford. We’d only really miss Downes from call-ups.

We can’t make excuses for the international break, though. What an opportunity for Judge, Nsiala, Edwards and Dozzell to come in and make an impact. Probably our worst players yesterday.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:18 pm
Granted, we would have liked to have played the game [at home to Wycombe] last week due to having a bit of momentum but I don’t think the break’s been a real hindrance on our performance.
Interesting comments from Cole Skuse, seems the players would like to have played it, Lambo clearly thought differently.
Well my thoughts are as follow....


Take an International 10day “break” when.....
A) you don’t need too, and
B) 99% of your opponents in this division won’t ( because they haven’t got international players of any age group to qualify league game postponements), means you will ALWAYS disrupt the team’s momentum and suffer from “ not being on the front foot, or up for it”, when you play your next competitive game, invariably against an opponent who is out to take our big scalp !

Perhaps Town will/ SHOULD now start to reconsider these ridiculous postponements because it isn’t helping US one bit.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:47 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:41 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:18 pm
Granted, we would have liked to have played the game [at home to Wycombe] last week due to having a bit of momentum but I don’t think the break’s been a real hindrance on our performance.
Interesting comments from Cole Skuse, seems the players would like to have played it, Lambo clearly thought differently.
I initially wanted to play the game, but then we had injuries to KVY and Norwood. Could see the sense of cancellation to get those players fit.
I have a feeling that if we’ve got a fit side in November we’ll play against Oxford. We’d only really miss Downes from call-ups.

We can’t make excuses for the international break, though. What an opportunity for Judge, Nsiala, Edwards and Dozzell to come in and make an impact. Probably our worst players yesterday.
I wanted the game called off even before injuries to said players occured but there is little doubt we gained nothing from it on this occasion. I've already read that the Oxford game is all but certain to be called off too.

And you were right about those 4 players, they were indeed the worst Four.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:41 pm
I initially wanted to play the game,....
Go scrub up your boots, get yourself down PR way and have a word in Lambos ear, Tang. Reading the words on here about a few players, you might get lucky.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Agree with a lot of the comments on here.

Judge gets played because of who he is IMO but does nothing to warrant being picked every week. It's as if PL thinks who are my other 10 to play with Alan.
Edwards average for me will never get in ahead of KVY.
Nsiala first game back but Wilson will come straight back in.

We certainly missed Downes yesterday and again Jackson can't play on his own up front.

Thought Dobra looked good until he was sent off.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:18 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I think I need to watch Man Utd v Liverpool later to remind me what proper football is like.
That could be a decent idea.

That was utter pish and a complete waste of everyone’s time. Worse than Scottish football utter pish. Ipswich need to forget about SKYTV so my buddies don’t have the excuse to text me, “Remind me again? Why this shower o sh*te?”
No way was it that bad :D

Post Reply