Ipswich Town vs Rotherham Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bounce back?

Ipswich Win
60%
Rotherham Win
40%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 10

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Rotherham Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Holy sh*t...... disaster in emoji town?! Thought a laughing emoji meant “joking”?
Oh well, you’re right, I must be “pathetic” 95% of the daylight hours. What name can be given to that other 5% spent reading posts by doom mongering Nostradamus wannabes?

And to all those folk on any forum who says , “well I don’t post here anymore”....... so f**king what? Get over yourselves. If you’re gonnae p*ss off, then p*ss off. Jaysus H man!

Imagine being in the pub with someone who said, “well I don’t drink here anymore”...... yes you do. I can f**king see you with my eyes.
“No, what I mean is I used to drink here all the time, but now I just come in here to say the team suck, then I’m going.”
Ok then, p*ss off. Bye

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Lmfao, I am actually laughing out loud Marko, but yes you are correct. Aa for the Emojis, try a winker one, everyone loves a winker 😉😉😉 we all have to suffer them.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:58 pm

LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:08 pm

I couldn't make it to the game but managed to watch on Ifollow (for the first time). We were poor and it is obvious we are not the finished article, after all we haven't really put two good halves together yet but we do have the best squad in League 1 and probably the biggest and in my opinion PL rotating the squad is the right decision - its going to be a 60 game season and I think squad rotation will really show its value as the winter bites.As far as players like Norwood being on the bench, well he's just had a groin op in Germany. Huws is coming back from a truly horrendous long injury and Keane has to be very rusty. I know Nsiala had a very poor game at Stanley but he was arguably our best centre back last season (when fit) and when we bought him he was very highly regarded. I'm sure he will be a major player for us if given a run.For my money I think we will win this league and if not still get automatic promotion.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Just back from a short break read the comments. Lots of good points made. I think we have been out muscled particularly in the air last two games and paid the price.

I agree with Mach’s comments regarding playing style and what frustrates me the most is our goal kicks. We have good fullbacks that should be utilised as outlets rather than squeeze all the players to one side or even mix it up a bit. Coz if we do gain possession from the long kick we transfer the ball to the full back on the open side who then has nobody wide to pass to. That tactic is very mccarthy like and I believe that’s part of the point Mach was making.

Their CF showed Will Keane on holding the ball up and they had plenty of runners off him that caused us many problems. Also both team last two games got two big lads to pull on our fullbacks a tactic we employed with Steve Whitham playing on the right in the season we won the div 2 title.

We are getting bombarded by direct play hence why I believe we often play three centre backs. The other issue we always have at home is unless we score first teams will sit in and frustrate and matters made worse if the opposition score first. It’s something we have to live with and we should certainly not be booing after a defeat.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:16 pm

I would suggest that all teams coming to PR this season are going to pack their defence and look to hit us on the break- and they certainly look to rough us up. We’re essentially a “ soft” side IMHO.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 pm

We are definitely one of the shortest teams holy aside

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:52 am

We deffo miss Jay Tabb's aerial ability.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:31 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:52 am
We deffo miss Jay Tabb's aerial ability.
:lol: ..... serious question.... did you ever say, or hear anyone else shout, “Come on, Jay, use yer height, man!”, at corners?

Old guy at ER (early 90s) would shout that at 5’3” Mickey Weir every other week. :lol:

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am

I confess I said it once or twice....but not every week!
On a side note, Jamie Peters won quite a few headers for someone so small, he had a terrific leap.