Points in November

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Points in November

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:22 pm

So for October I predicted:

Fleetwood L - we won
Accrington D - we lost
Rotherham W - we lost
Southend W - we won

(Definitely no Mystic Meg then...)

For November I’m going for:

Rochdale away W
Oxford away D (I will be there)
Blackpool home D
Wycombe home D

Reckon we’ll be second at the end of the month

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Points in November

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Beat Blackpool 6-0 at home, Johnny. You heard it here first. :D

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Points in November

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Beat Blackpool 6-0 at home, Johnny. You heard it here first. :D
Hope you’re right!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Points in November

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:36 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Beat Blackpool 6-0 at home, Johnny. You heard it here first. :D
Hope you’re right!
Big Wycombe striker to eat all the Portman Road pies @ HT when its still 0-0. Norwood hatrick 2nd half. 3-0

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Points in November

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Seriously though:

Rochdale W
Oxford L
Blackpool W
Wycombe D

7pts. Stay top.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Points in November

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:36 pm
JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Beat Blackpool 6-0 at home, Johnny. You heard it here first. :D
Hope you’re right!
Big Wycombe striker to eat all the Portman Road pies @ HT when its still 0-0. Norwood hatrick 2nd half. 3-0
Roy of the Rovers stuff! With a bit of desperate Dan thrown in

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Points in November

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 pm

I reckoned 6 in October. For once I was right.

6 in November would be good but I reckon it'll be 4.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Points in November

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Guessing game with AndyM

3pts Rochdale
1pt Blackpool

?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Depends if this crisis continues or not.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Points in November

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:16 pm
Guessing game with AndyM

3pts Rochdale
1pt Blackpool

?
Indeed. Isn't the Oxford game during an international break?
Think we will miss Downes at Rochdale and wonder when KVY will be fit. Hopefully we can still win it.
Last edited by Andym on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Points in November

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:39 pm

Rochdale W
Oxford D
Blackpool W
Wycombe D

8pts from a possible 12👍

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 8776
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Points in November

Post by saint jude » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 am

You can see a reoccurring theme here. With assistance from the League One standings :

Rochdale Away Win
Oxford Away Loss
Blackpool Home Win
Wycombe Home Win

It's all theoretical but we got the players when fit and focused to overcome any opposition this league can offer. Believe Oxford will prove a stumbling block, they're making a name for themselves after some time away but nine points from an available twelve would prove a very good return.

Only hope there's no F..... international breaks hiding away somewhere in it to cause problems as always. The team shall remain in #1 position headed for December. Season seems to move damn quick.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 am

The Oxford game will indeed be called off, PL has virtually said so already. Thankfully it's the last one I believe.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Points in November

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:34 am

Ah jeez I was planning on attending that one

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7088
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Points in November

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:45 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 am
The Oxford game will indeed be called off, PL has virtually said so already. Thankfully it's the last one I believe.
Next international break after this coming one is weekend of 28th March 20. Won’t affect us though as we were due to play Bury that weekend. Anyhow, we will have been promoted by then. :wink:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:10 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:34 am
Ah jeez I was planning on attending that one
Obviously its not official but I deffo read it will be off.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:45 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 am
The Oxford game will indeed be called off, PL has virtually said so already. Thankfully it's the last one I believe.
Next international break after this coming one is weekend of 28th March 20. Won’t affect us though as we were due to play Bury that weekend. Anyhow, we will have been promoted by then. :wink:
That's more like it !!! Love that confidence

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm going for

Rochdale win
Blackpool Win
Wycombe Draw

Total 7 from 9

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Points in November

Post by tangfastic » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:41 am

Pity we’ve only got 3 games in November if that’s the case. If Downes is not called up by England, I’d play the Oxford game. We’ve even got the option to ask Downes if he would prefer to play the league game. If Dozzell constantly plays for England under 20’s - those games means f*ck all.

I’d expect a win against Rochdale, but nothing’s certain.

I’m looking forward to playing Wycombe and Blackpool. If we’re as good as we say we are, then we’ve got to beat these sides.

To date, we only beat 1 side in the top 11 - the away win at Fleetwood. The fixture list has given us far more lower placed clubs so far, so we now are likely to be playing better sides.

If it’s the 3 games - I’ll go for 6 points. Wins against Wycombe and Rochdale and a defeat at Blackpool.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am

Blackpool is at home

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Points in November

Post by tangfastic » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am
Blackpool is at home
A win then 9 points .:)

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:33 am

That's the spirit, I knew I'd get into your head eventually :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Points in November

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm

I think we’ll win at Rochdale but could struggle in our two home games against Blackpool and Wycombe, two clubs like Town who have each only lost one away game and draw circa 60% of their games played away. Given our mid table home form two draws look the most likely outcome.

WDD

5 points.

In my opinion we have a run of 4 or 5 fixtures that could define our season, subject to a decision on the Oxford game these fixtures will start on either 16 or 23 November.

16/11. Oxford United (A) 4th - 26 points
23/11. Blackpool (H) 8th - 25 points
26/11. Wycombe Wanderers (H) 1st - 33 points
7/12. Coventry City (A) 6th - 26 points
14/12. Bristol Rovers (H) 8th - 25 points

If we could end this run of fixtures in top spot I think this would significantly improve our chances of taking one of the automatic promotion places. These games will certainly be testing and tell us a lot about the strength of our squad and how optimistic we should be about promotion.

tangfastic
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Points in November

Post by tangfastic » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm
I think we’ll win at Rochdale but could struggle in our two home games against Blackpool and Wycombe, two clubs like Town who have each only lost one away game and draw circa 60% of their games played away. Given our mid table home form two draws look the most likely outcome.

WDD

5 points.

In my opinion we have a run of 4 or 5 fixtures that could define our season, subject to a decision on the Oxford game these fixtures will start on either 16 or 23 November.

16/11. Oxford United (A) 4th - 26 points
23/11. Blackpool (H) 8th - 25 points
26/11. Wycombe Wanderers (H) 1st - 33 points
7/12. Coventry City (A) 6th - 26 points
14/12. Bristol Rovers (H) 8th - 25 points

If we could end this run of fixtures in top spot I think this would significantly improve our chances of taking one of the automatic promotion places. These games will certainly be testing and tell us a lot about the strength of our squad and how optimistic we should be about promotion.
This is a tough series of games. I know we can only play what’s in front of us, but so far we’ve beaten mostly lower table clubs. It’s only Fleetwood we’ve beaten who are placed highly.
There’s a few six-pointers there. Best case scenario is not only we consolidate a top two place, but put some distance between some of these teams we play if we beat them. If we’ve got a higher gear or gears to go up, it’s now time to show it.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Points in November

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm
I think we’ll win at Rochdale but could struggle in our two home games against Blackpool and Wycombe, two clubs like Town who have each only lost one away game and draw circa 60% of their games played away. Given our mid table home form two draws look the most likely outcome.

WDD

5 points.

In my opinion we have a run of 4 or 5 fixtures that could define our season, subject to a decision on the Oxford game these fixtures will start on either 16 or 23 November.

16/11. Oxford United (A) 4th - 26 points
23/11. Blackpool (H) 8th - 25 points
26/11. Wycombe Wanderers (H) 1st - 33 points
7/12. Coventry City (A) 6th - 26 points
14/12. Bristol Rovers (H) 8th - 25 points

If we could end this run of fixtures in top spot I think this would significantly improve our chances of taking one of the automatic promotion places. These games will certainly be testing and tell us a lot about the strength of our squad and how optimistic we should be about promotion.
Well once again we will end up going into a top game ( vs Wycombe) having not played for 10. No prizes for guessing who will be the sharper side on the day if history is to repeat itself for the umpteenth time.

On the plus side I suppose PL has split up two heavy duty back to back games. But the proof of its efficacy will be in the end result .

COYBsssss

Edit: I take that all back , as I see we play Blackpool before the Wycombe game. Fingers crossed we blow the cobwebs away in that game before we play Wycombe 😁👍

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Points in November

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:49 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm
I think we’ll win at Rochdale but could struggle in our two home games against Blackpool and Wycombe, two clubs like Town who have each only lost one away game and draw circa 60% of their games played away. Given our mid table home form two draws look the most likely outcome.

WDD

5 points.

In my opinion we have a run of 4 or 5 fixtures that could define our season, subject to a decision on the Oxford game these fixtures will start on either 16 or 23 November.

16/11. Oxford United (A) 4th - 26 points
23/11. Blackpool (H) 8th - 25 points
26/11. Wycombe Wanderers (H) 1st - 33 points
7/12. Coventry City (A) 6th - 26 points
14/12. Bristol Rovers (H) 8th - 25 points

If we could end this run of fixtures in top spot I think this would significantly improve our chances of taking one of the automatic promotion places. These games will certainly be testing and tell us a lot about the strength of our squad and how optimistic we should be about promotion.
This is a tough series of games. I know we can only play what’s in front of us, but so far we’ve beaten mostly lower table clubs. It’s only Fleetwood we’ve beaten who are placed highly.
There’s a few six-pointers there. Best case scenario is not only we consolidate a top two place, but put some distance between some of these teams we play if we beat them. If we’ve got a higher gear or gears to go up, it’s now time to show it.
Makes you wonder tang, if Nov is not going to be our pivotal month where we either pull out all the stops and put some meaningful distance between us and 3rd place or blow it and get dragged into the pack. 🤞 it’s the former scenario.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Points in November

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 am

I don't get wrapped up in all the cobblers that we haven't beaten anyone of note yet except Fleetwood, so what !
We've beaten Fleetwood away, Drew with Peterborough away, and played Doncaster, Sunderland and Rotherham at home, they are pretty much regarded as the teams who will be challenging come May, and despite these fixtures we are right up near the top, it doesn't matter that some were draws, it's a Two way thing, they didn't beat us either !!!

Blackpool, Wycombe, Oxford and Coventry may well prove tricky but not many expected any of them to be up the top by the end of the season and who's to say they've had a tough start fixture wise, I don't know without checking, we only have Nine more teams to play and not all of them are top teams, have some belief!!!

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Points in November

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:44 am

Mike as I’ve said many times before. EVERY game in this division is a hard game, and that we’d do well not to disrespect any Club we play.

Post Reply