Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another 3 pointer?

Rochdale Win
5
25%
Ipswich Win
11
55%
Draw
4
20%
 
Total votes: 20

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm

If only we could replicate our away results to games played at Portman Road.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm

Just think ( Ferguson you tw@), had your team scored two goals tonight, you’d have won!!!! :lol:

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 3916
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:57 pm
Oh and the mighty Peterborough lost again, just a blip or something more accurate ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They were good when we played them, probably deserved to win. But I hate gobshites who make comments like he did. Hope they sink lower and lower. Complete arse.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm
If only we could replicate our away results to games played at Portman Road.
Problem is Charny, teams come to PR to shut up shop and hit us on the break. Every game is like this and is so difficult to watch tbh. It means the team and the fans have to be very patient...which is not always that easy to do.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm

I must've missed this when in the middle of nowhere with no internet. Anyone care to say what Ferguson said?

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:57 pm
Oh and the mighty Peterborough lost again, just a blip or something more accurate ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They were good when we played them, probably deserved to win. But I hate gobshites who make comments like he did. Hope they sink lower and lower. Complete arse.
Can’t get much lower than an arse Andy 😇

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:17 pm

We've only lost one at home, hardly a disaster, as we all know Chambo cost us another win against Sunderland, seven away wins by the beginning of November is far more relevant.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm
I must've missed this when in the middle of nowhere with no internet. Anyone care to say what Ferguson said?
Especially for you Marko

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... youth-team

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:23 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm
If only we could replicate our away results to games played at Portman Road.
Problem is Charny, teams come to PR to shut up shop and hit us on the break. Every game is like this and is so difficult to watch tbh. It means the team and the fans have to be very patient...which is not always that easy to do.
Town “Top of the table” with 33 points looks very good indeed Liz, but 11 Home points compared with 22 away points looks an unusual imbalance, if only we could achieve similar results at Portman Road as we have playing away we’d be walking this league.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm
I must've missed this when in the middle of nowhere with no internet. Anyone care to say what Ferguson said?
This marko.....


https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... youth-team

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm
I must've missed this when in the middle of nowhere with no internet. Anyone care to say what Ferguson said?
Especially for you Marko

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... youth-team
Great stuff, you're a gentleman, Steve. Appreciated. :D

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 11784
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 pm

I bet he wishes he’d kept his mouth shut after their result today at Shrewsbury.

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:23 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm
If only we could replicate our away results to games played at Portman Road.
Problem is Charny, teams come to PR to shut up shop and hit us on the break. Every game is like this and is so difficult to watch tbh. It means the team and the fans have to be very patient...which is not always that easy to do.
Town “Top of the table” with 33 points looks very good indeed Liz, but 11 Home points compared with 22 away points looks an unusual imbalance, if only we could achieve similar results at Portman Road as we have playing away we’d be walking this league.

I did say to Mike at the start of the season , Andy, that Town would probably find away games easier than home games this season. Looks like those stats back that up. I hope we continue to build up a sizeable lead because over the last month of the season we are I think, at home more than we are away!

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:27 pm
I bet he wishes he’d kept his mouth shut after their result today at Shrewsbury.
I think hes trying to possibly do what his father did. Trouble is for him his father was master at verbals and plus had sight better team

So welcome Marko..

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 pm

One note though and i agree with finding games easier away from home. But am i right saying we have now played three more games away from home to playing at home?

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 pm

It’ll be very interesting to see what verbals and mind games he gets up too when we play them at PR.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:35 pm

:lol: @ Fergie Juniors comments. He's cursed himself worse than an AylesburyBlue Prediction League curse. Money on them being relegated! :lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Seems there is a GoldandBlack and GandB logged in? Whats that aw aboot?

This a member of the Wolf Pack, Wolfie?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 2780
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by goldandblack » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 pm
If only we could replicate our away results to games played at Portman Road.
most clubs from these lower leagues coming to Portman Rd and the likes, its there BIG match at a big stadium, its just human nature to play at their best. far easier to play away games.
look at the clubs that struggled to get out of that league, Leeds, Sheff United, even Man City,plus many more all big names with big grounds,all struggled at home.

we often found it easy to get out of it, trouble was it was by going down :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 2780
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by goldandblack » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 pm
Seems there is a GoldandBlack and GandB logged in? Whats that aw aboot?

This a member of the Wolf Pack, Wolfie?
:lol: No there's only one Wolfie thank god I hear,

To cut a short story long mate.

I forgot my password to the site sometime last year on internet explorer
So I opened an account on google under GandB to contact Frosty to get new password for Gold and Black.
Now I only use internet explorer to come on here and talk to you good folk,
I leave the google account open so next time I forget the password I’m covered.
I think GandB only posted a couple of times and upset Del Boy just for a laugh but that’s not hard aye, the miserable git :wink:
Last edited by goldandblack on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:10 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 pm
One note though and i agree with finding games easier away from home. But am i right saying we have now played three more games away from home to playing at home?
Yes exactly, played nine away and six at home. At home we've put 4 past Tranmere, 3 past Shrewsbury, 2 past Wimbledon and Sunderland and but for a horrendous rick from Chambers would have won all four, yes we rode our luck in the draw with Doncaster and lost to Rothetham so for me its a myth that our home form is poor, one bad result.

Ando
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:17 am

Great result another 3 points not great first half. But much better second. Saying that we did hit the post and the bar in the first half. Rowe had his best game imo and deserved his goal.

Was impressed with Rochdale first half thought they passed the ball really well and got players forward. Can’t say they made ant guilt edged chances and looked reasonably comfortable out of possession especially second half.

So all in all a pretty decent away performance. The only downside for me was Will Keane I know he came on late but he look slow and well off the pace. He seriously needs game time.

Ando
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:10 am
Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 pm
One note though and i agree with finding games easier away from home. But am i right saying we have now played three more games away from home to playing at home?
Yes exactly, played nine away and six at home. At home we've put 4 past Tranmere, 3 past Shrewsbury, 2 past Wimbledon and Sunderland and but for a horrendous rick from Chambers would have won all four, yes we rode our luck in the draw with Doncaster and lost to Rothetham so for me its a myth that our home form is poor, one bad result.
5 of our last 7 will be at home. So you can’t ask for more than that.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16780
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 am

Mike, you remind me of my wee cousin when explaining your point.

Ive just lifted this quote from him from a whatsapp group chat thing we've got going whereby another guy on there is saying that Jack Ross is sh*te. :lol:

Wee cuz, Graham:
"James. What the f*ck are you talking about? He took over at St Mirren when they were rock bottom and adrift of the Championship. He saved them from relegation on the last day of the season. He then waltzed the league the following season, crowned champions by the end of March. Then rebuilt a relegated English Championship side and got them to a Play-Off final in his first year. You do not have a f**king clue what you're talking about mate. Say something correct or shut the f*ck up."

The scottish Bluemike! :lol:

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 am

Well it’ll certainly test the “ is it a myth or fact “ conundrum won’t it ! Lol . Here’s hoping we’re out of sight by April/ May time 👍

hallamblue
Posts: 24136
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:26 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 am
Mike, you remind me of my wee cousin when explaining your point.

Ive just lifted this quote from him from a whatsapp group chat thing we've got going whereby another guy on there is saying that Jack Ross is sh*te. :lol:

Wee cuz, Graham:
"James. What the f*ck are you talking about? He took over at St Mirren when they were rock bottom and adrift of the Championship. He saved them from relegation on the last day of the season. He then waltzed the league the following season, crowned champions by the end of March. Then rebuilt a relegated English Championship side and got them to a Play-Off final in his first year. You do not have a f**king clue what you're talking about mate. Say something correct or shut the f*ck up."

The scottish Bluemike! :lol:
😂😂😂 seems kinda related in some way .

Ando
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 am

Norwood banned for the Blackpool game after picking up his fifth booking. Even more important Keane gets game time over the next 2 cup games.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7088
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 am

Thought the Woolf was superb tonight. He could have scored a couple and there was one short spell in the 2nd half where he was virtually winning everything in the air.
Not a classic performance but just the type of result needed to get out of this league. Now time for our FA Cup run with a Wembley final to look forward too. :wink:

MasseyFerguson
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:06 am

Another three points on the board and back on top of the league. We haven't always played well this season but the results keep going our way. I'm starting to feel very confident about automatic promotion. Scary!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:20 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 am
Mike, you remind me of my wee cousin when explaining your point.

Ive just lifted this quote from him from a whatsapp group chat thing we've got going whereby another guy on there is saying that Jack Ross is sh*te. :lol:

Wee cuz, Graham:
"James. What the f*ck are you talking about? He took over at St Mirren when they were rock bottom and adrift of the Championship. He saved them from relegation on the last day of the season. He then waltzed the league the following season, crowned champions by the end of March. Then rebuilt a relegated English Championship side and got them to a Play-Off final in his first year. You do not have a f**king clue what you're talking about mate. Say something correct or shut the f*ck up."

The scottish Bluemike! :lol:
Nice to know there's someone else talking sense lol.

Post Reply