I’ve been sh*t - Alan Judge

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

I’ve been sh*t - Alan Judge

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 am

Piece from EADT.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/alan-judge ... -1-6360057

For me, he’s been really disappointing this season, but I must admit I liked his honesty in this interview. Said all the right things without bullshitting and didn’t hide from his poor performances.

He’s a good player who if he finds form could really be an asset. I think fringe players like Judge and Edwards should be doing better in this division. I’m hoping he gets his confident back and pushes on - probably needs a goal more than anyone.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: I’ve been sh*t - Alan Judge

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Crikey if last night was him being "more like it" then he does have problems cus he was sh*t again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am

Didn’t their wing back have a bit of a field day in the first half, presumably because lazy arse Judge had gone bloody walkabout leaving the back door open for Edwards? To deal with their wing back? When Lambert switched Judge and Rowe at half time we had no more problems with their young wingback.

Judge is a lazy self centred arse to me, who cares only about “his” game. Why do we have to keep “ fitting” him into the team, when he doesn’t do the job Lambert has asked him to do? This might seem a hards( analysis of him , but he’s probably one of the highest paid players at the Club now , and his form is utter pants IMO. There are better players than him who can’t get in the side.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:31 am

In the first half Judge was on the opposite side to Edwards, Rowe was on the Right initially.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am
Didn’t their wing back have a bit of a field day in the first half, presumably because lazy arse Judge had gone bloody walkabout leaving the back door open for Edwards? To deal with their wing back? When Lambert switched Judge and Rowe at half time we had no more problems with their young wingback.

Judge is a lazy self centred arse to me, who cares only about “his” game. Why do we have to keep “ fitting” him into the team, when he doesn’t do the job Lambert has asked him to do? This might seem a hards( analysis of him , but he’s probably one of the highest paid players at the Club now , and his form is utter pants IMO. There are better players than him who can’t get in the side.
Probably one of the reasons he’s called upon the is that we haven’t had any wide players who’ve nailed down those wide positions yet. Garbutts been forced back to LB and Rowe and Edwards have been poor often. I think Judge has got that bit extra credit in the bank from Lambert and until we get consistent wide players then he’ll probably get a game there. And, to be honest, there may be better players who can’t get in the team, but I’m not sure there are better wide players. Our best wide players are our full backs/wing backs, but we need them in defence.
Based on the second half of the last game, I’d stick with Rowe and Judge out wide in a 4-4-2. Apart from Georgiou, I don’t see many other options and maybe we need to get some continuity. It’s not just the rotating of players, but we’ve messed about with the formation too often.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Thing is, Judge doesn’t consider himself a wide player, and certainly doesn’t like playing there. Hence why he goes awol venturing into central midfield where he prefers to play and in doing do he often clutters up our midfielders.

I’ve yet to see Judge have a good game for us. Hopefully if he sees himself returning to firm this might change .

Cue the injury sustained in International duty! Lol