Ipswich Town vs Bristol Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Time for a win huh?

Town Win
47%
Rovers Win
41%
Draw
12%

Total votes: 17

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Bristol Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:48 pm

An attractive Lesbian eh? Vera, the lesbian in my street has a face resembling a bulldog chewing a wasp.

9 is correct -------> You lucky bstd!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Note to self:

Take Charnwoods advice and get the predictions in when you remember earlier in the week.

Apologies to all participants......., i know this FCKS up the H2H......, sorry about that. Will be back on it next week. Too much Murphy coke chit-chat!!
Fkn idiot. :astroll:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Ooops!

One down in 4 minutes :shock:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Oh Dear

2 down now!

Might just need to go and find something else to do :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Laughable

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Get in!!!

1-2

Norwood :mrgreen:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Best defence in the division and 69% of possession, shocking to be 2 down.

Hopefully turn it around 2nd half or things could get a bit spicy. Be interesting to hear what attendees make of the formation, and personnel change.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:53 pm

We’ve played some good football, but some sloppy stuff as well and defensively shaky as hell.

Norwood’s goal was fantastic - some great work down the left.

Tighten up in defence and keep the passing football going and we’ve a chance.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Sounds like we have been all over them like a cheap suit since going 2 down.

Perhaps we are going to play well for 2/3 of a game rather than only a half today!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59 pm

What a weird game, played so well since going 2 down and should really be level at the very least. Cracking goal, super cross from Jackson and Norwood with the run and finish. Garbutt needs to learn how to cross a bloody ball, letting us down big time, four corners have hit the first defender at the near post, based on his delivery alone p*ss off back to Everton.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Hmmmm...

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:00 pm

This could be really damaging defeat :o

All these concerns some people have been voicing turn out to be true.

Difficult games are coming up and given how we perform we may be out of the top 6 after the Wycombe game on New Years Day.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Disappointing defeat. Our home results need to improve sharply or we will find ourselves being dragged back into the pack. If that happens the fragility we showed all last season could resurface. We have the capacity to get back on track but it needs to start now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:13 pm

You can't give anyone a 2 goal lead and expect to get anything from the game, we just don't take our chances, how the hell did Nolan not score the free header with the goal gaping !!!

No idea what that formation was all about but we seriously lacked width all game , Jackson did provide Three excellent crosses , one which led to the goal but aside from that nobody else did. Defensively we looked shaky and for those who think we don't miss Chambers I just bow to your football knowledge.

Garbutt had a mare, woeful delivery all game and at fault for the first goal. Didn't understand Lambert taking off Dozzell who had been one of the better players and Nolan seemed to be carrying a knock at times. Testing times and the pressure will grow now for sure. Jackson our best player by a distance for me.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm

I said before the season even begun, that Town would struggle at home purely because our opponents will line up at PR . Away from home, we tend to find it easier.

I’m fearful of the seasons final outcome because the run in to the end if the season sees us play more games at home , than away.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Time flies. Only feels like yesterday when glimpsing the “Vanarama” and seeing Bristol Rovers in there. Was quite shocked to see that at the time. Now they’re winning league games at Portman Road?

This is actually make me think of the Detroit Lions current season. They’ve got Matt Patricia as head coach; a SuperBowl winning defensive co-ordinater when at the New England Patriots....... but the Lions are f**king Shyte.
In Ipswich Towns case, (as a few mentioned while Mick was on charge) ——-> maybe the players are just sh*t. Maybe Lambert could field any formation and any old formula of players and they’d lose?

Work whatever the problem is the fk out, Lambo. Bristol Rovers winning at PR isn’t acceptable.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:13 pm
You can't give anyone a 2 goal lead and expect to get anything from the game, we just don't take our chances, how the hell did Nolan not score the free header with the goal gaping !!!

No idea what that formation was all about but we seriously lacked width all game , Jackson did provide Three excellent crosses , one which led to the goal but aside from that nobody else did. Defensively we looked shaky and for those who think we don't miss Chambers I just bow to your football knowledge.

Garbutt had a mare, woeful delivery all game and at fault for the first goal. Didn't understand Lambert taking off Dozzell who had been one of the better players and Nolan seemed to be carrying a knock at times. Testing times and the pressure will grow now for sure. Jackson our best player by a distance for me.
Mike
The first thing I said to you before the game was where is the width?
At this moment in time I really wonder where the next win is coming from. Even when they went down to 10 men I just couldn’t see us scoring. We are so slow in moving the ball at times and as you said the delivery from out wide and at corners for the majority of the game was dreadful.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Mike said same thoughts as my own - you cannot gift a 2 goal start and then miss a dozen easy chances - especially when playing an attacking team. Skuse at RB? Dozzell all of a sudden makes the starting line up (although wasnt awful), 1 striker at home and then all of a sudden, we play 3 at once? BR were sh*t and there for the taking but we just cannot kill teams off. I remain confident we will be OK but it is a worrying few weeks - we need to keep positive and not let the pressure build on the players.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:22 pm

We miss gilt edged chances EVERY week. Which is why we struggle to see games out when we do have that slender 1-0 lead. Give the opposition even a 1-0 lead on us and we are fooked !

Lambert must stop changing the team every game. It’s absurd. Today by all accounts we took most of the first half to get going. Why? Because it was yet another formation and players playing with different partners , or in different position.

I heard Mills say that at the start of the season we played a simple 4-4-2..... and even with two defensive midfielders in Skuse: Downes, we were more creative than we are now. He seemed to suggest that the child team has been changed because we don’t have convincing wife players in Rowe/ Edwards. So Lambert has messed with various formations and players instead of sticking with the core of the side in a 442 formation. Does he have something with that suggestion ?

All I know is , EVERY game we have s group of players trying to get to know each other’s game in a game situation ( essential playing like strangers) and it’s s because Lambert is constantly changing the team EVERY WEEK! He really is causing his own problems and if he continues to do this we will finish mid table no problem!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:26 pm

I think results at the start of the season flattered us, I think results of late have done the opposite. We are now probably about where we deserve to be, maybe still a touch high in my opinion.

It's not a disaster, we just have to keep at it and work hard, things will pick up again and we just need to scrape as many points as we possibly can. No panic buys in January please, but Evans should invest if the opportunity arises, watch that space...

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:31 pm

This is league one football, stop the pretty stuff, roll the sleeves up and mix it, put 2 out and out wingers in, and I can promise you the goals will come, its no good playing nice neat footie and cant score for toffee, you have to get out there and F*****g scrap it out, show who's the fooking boss, we must be and play very hard. :evil: Now come on and get stuck in :x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 pm
- we need to keep positive and not let the pressure build on the players.
That is true, but there is a very VERY fine line. The way you've worded that could get many fans on their high horse, ie, ----> these 5-10K a week players need to ACCEPT a bit of pressure from the fans and pull their feckin fingers out. Like the Norwich City players did for Paul Lambert ten years ago.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:11 pm

For me today it was our defending. We are not going to be prolific at home because of the way teams set up. We are getting caught as we press forward the alternative is to go back to the MM days. We are trying to play on the front foot and we had plenty of moments in the first half.

We should of had a pen first half, clear handball. Our goal was very well worked good movement down the left, great cross and finish. Nearly had a second from an own goal but the ball rolled past the post. 2 or 3 good chances second half especially Nolan’s header and a harder chance falling to Norwood.

I think at home our play tends to look a bit deliberate I think this is down to the opposition sitting behind the ball. We did look narrow at times but looked much more dangerous in the inside channels especially first half.

Let’s just hold our nerve and hope we can break this run soon as the longer it goes on the harder it gets to break.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Would be nice if Sears and Bishop could breath new life into this team. It sure as hell needs something ; and quick !

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 pm

One thing noticed. Sorry Derick or whoever else who might not like this

Today we missed Chambers. Simple, Would we of lost today if he was playing? For me i don't think so, Wouldn't of won either i doubt but that defence today looked unsure and rocky

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:23 pm

We are missing Chambo big time and our season took a turn the moment we lost KVY, as others have said it's not a disaster and we must hold our nerve and ride it out, things will turn again.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Totally agree Mike, one win and we'll be firing again.. Today after two goals down i thought we played some real dece3nt stuff

Its not miles away, Jackson and Norwood looked good

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:23 pm
We are missing Chambo big time and our season took a turn the moment we lost KVY, as others have said it's not a disaster and we must hold our nerve and ride it out, things will turn again.
Problem is Mike, KVY is 3 months away from playing I believe!? Our promotion hopes could well be shot by then. As for Chambers / well we’ve always known how important he is to the team even if others are less convinced.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:22 pm

I think results at the start of the season flattered us, I think results of late have done the opposite. We are now probably about where we deserve to be, maybe still a touch high in my opinion.

It's not a disaster, we just have to keep at it and work hard, things will pick up again and we just need to scrape as many points as we possibly can. No panic buys in January please, but Evans should invest if the opportunity arises, watch that space...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:13 pm
Would be nice if Sears and Bishop could breath new life into this team. It sure as hell needs something ; and quick !
Liz, are you saying you want more changes!!! Lol, that said I said exactly this at the game today, Bishop is the player we miss the most, he's the one that makes those mazy runs into the box and commits defenders, I also said while I am not a big Sears fan I can see him and Jackson as a very good front partnership, both have pace which for me is key