Lambert and his systems........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert and his systems........

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Interesting article in EADT today regarding this ..... the last paragraph where Lambert was quizzed during his time at Villa, and why he was constantly changing things ( that trait worries me because he’s doing here again isn’t he!) ..... but his German friend’s advice is spot on- problem is Lambert appears to have forgotten that advice !

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-verdic ... -1-6426032

C’mon Paul stick to a team and system , starting this Sat at Pompey. 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Lambert and his systems........

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Right, ye feckin listenin' this time? Three fish suppers, broon sauce oan two o' them, two pie suppers, rid sauce oan wan o' them, wan hamburger supper, wan single king rib, loadsy broon sauce, a half chicken supper, and eight bags o' chips, broon sauce oan five o' them......, and 13 cans o' irn bru. The full sugar stuff. Nane o' that saccarin pish. GO.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:05 am

I viewed the article, rather a lot to take in but zeroing in on what seems relevant it mentions Lambert was happy to change because he couldn't find a winning formula or route for success. Surely just playing a team that's focused and everybody pulling their weight and working towards a collective goal would seem sufficient. I think our problem over time is that too many players go 'missing' during game time and there's not enough productivity in collective areas.

In years back the team would essentially pick itself such was the abundance of talent at our disposal but in present time we're making do with a list of names that are adequate, I wouldn't suggest there's any real stars in the team or standout players. All said the manager has a job to do but it's the names on the field that will bring results - or won't. We went unbeaten for the first twelve or thirteen games of the season before a first loss. Did something set in after that or doubts arise regards ability within the players ? I wish I could get out there and give it a go, you know, an actual fan of the team who has their own ideas about what's best, that sentiment will apply to many of the fanbase but it's a fantasy of sorts and nothing more.