Lambert in danger of......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert in danger of......

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Throwing away a very good chance to get promoted this season because he’s trying to be “ all things to all people” .

He’s excellent at PR and bringing people together. But IMO he’s not ruthless enough with the players at the Club.

Week in week out he’s changing the team on a wholesale basis. So from a player’s perspective, what’s the point in busting a gut and having the desire to make their presence felt in the team for that week, when there’s every probability that player will be dropped for the next game?

Lambert has to change what he’s doing. The worrying thing for me now is I am starting to doubt Lamberts tactical / managerial nounce. He is going here exactly what he did at Villa -chopping / changing the team Every game .

Town for me now, are ( and have been for a while ) in free fall from the early seasons form and I’m sad to say I place this firmly at Lambert’s decision making .

Andym

Re: Lambert in danger of......

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:24 pm

I agree. But I still think early results flattered us.

arana peligrosa

Re: Lambert in danger of......

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:17 am

The only success Lambert has been was with Norwich City. Been a number of other clubs where the individual just hasn't performed to the same standard and if you take away what occurred at Carrow Road you'll find he's arguably a strictly average manager. A number of factors down to the name involved, that over time, are having an adverse effect on his position here. Maybe where he went wrong elsewhere but it's easy to be skeptical when you weren't in favor of the appointment from day one. Time will be the deciding factor of whether some (or many) will be proved right.