Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Who is less in form between these two sides?

Wycombe Win
8
35%
Ipswich Win
12
52%
Draw
3
13%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17917
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Derick...... You can’t drop Norris for letting 5 in v AC Lincoln....... you “protect” him. Cut him some slack FFS!

Magicmark
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Is Holy injured or depressed? WTF saves a world class penalty save against Wycombe & has been dropped.Norris needs a clean sheet to get his confidence back,shouldn't be on the pitch.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:47 pm

We need to stop giving away free kicks in the defensive third.

hallamblue
Posts: 24686
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Wycombe first half game plan is to throw themselves to the floor around the edge of our box / resulting in numerous free kicks that should never have been given .

Overall Town playing some neat football at times but nothing really threatening. I’d also say our build up in attacks is too one paced .

Football vs physicality

tangfastic
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:55 pm

For me ... even Stevens at HT
At times we looked the better side ... passing it around nicely, but that trailed off as the half went on. Wycombe has an open goal in the first few minutes ... incredible miss after Chambers didn’t deal with the situation. And then Edwards missed a good chance a minute later.

We could win this one if we pass it around and not go long ball, but Chambers and Wilson look really dodgy against pace.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:55 pm

69% possession?!!

shamm
Posts: 780
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Durban South Africa

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shamm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:15 pm

0-1 COYB

Magicmark
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Better second half :D

hallamblue
Posts: 24686
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Norris f*ck up again

shamm
Posts: 780
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Durban South Africa

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shamm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:29 pm

My joy did not last too long. From 2nd to 6th in minutes!
1-1

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3248
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm
Derick...... You can’t drop Norris for letting 5 in v AC Lincoln....... you “protect” him. Cut him some slack FFS!
He just f*cked up again so f*ck him he is sh*te. Slack enough?

hallamblue
Posts: 24686
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:55 pm

1-1 result.

Another soft goal tbh . Back four all at sea when high ball come in snd Norris’s rush of blood to the head compounds the defensive frailties.

We don’t hold our back line very tight at all - always at risk therefore of presenting a chance to the opposition.

Fir the record , I think Holy needs to come bank in , not sure what the hell He’s got in his contract that sees him play when he’s no better than our own GK ?

tangfastic
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Two points dropped.

Three of our defenders converging on one Wycombe attacker for a knock on .... and Norris comes out as well. Joke.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4187
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:20 pm
Edwards, Huws and Judge all starting.

I feel my optimism slipping away....
Actually they weren't that bad. Edwards left the bloke unmarked in the first minute but otherwise did ok.

Not a great advert for league 1 football. Probably a fair result.

34 fouls in the game, 17 each. That's bad.

Defence looked shaky. Wilson looked poor to me.

MasseyFerguson
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Two teams really low on confidence, and it showed. How Wycombe are top of the league is a mystery.

Their goal was a shambles.

Unless we turn this around soon we are going to find ourselves stuck in this crappy division next season.

Depressing.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17917
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:04 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:36 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm
Derick...... You can’t drop Norris for letting 5 in v AC Lincoln....... you “protect” him. Cut him some slack FFS!
He just f*cked up again so f*ck him he is sh*te. Slack enough?
Too slack....... tighten up a bit.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21733
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Thought we played pretty well today all things considered, with the right keeper in goal we probably would have won it. Impressed with Huws.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:10 pm

3 defenders around the goal scorer, Norris stays on his line, they shouldn't score.

A fair result, with a well taken Ipswich goal, however feel disappointed still. Did not see enough about, what appeared a strong starting 11, to think we are anything more than an average League 1 team. This is despite the depth and perceived quality of our squad.
Jackson epitomised some of the positives that i could find. Full of running, chasing lost causes, hassling defenders, indeed even winning the free kick which saw us score. A couple of brief shows of quality from Judge, a solid performance from Downes. That apart, nothing particularly stood out.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3248
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm
Thought we played pretty well today all things considered, with the right keeper in goal we probably would have won it. Impressed with Huws.
Yep he cost us the win today not even our player f*ck off to Wolves.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm

For f*ck sake get rid of Jackson, has absolutely no class with his game, its built on just running like a f**king headless chicken, he's an absolute waste of space, what's wrong with a SEARS and Norwood link up, Norris f**king miles of his goal line at fault for their goal, f**king get rid, and when they brought on that f**king 37 year old 40 stone afinwanker you just new what their game plane was, did we take heed NO, we let him get a touch on for their goal, and we stand off him, FFS get in there and sort the fat b*stard out, as for our overall game, sorry we aint got a f**king clue, HOOF HOOF HOOf, I f**king hate 3rd division footie, our man of the match Downes, and Woolfie, a message to Lambert, start with a clear out and stop putting f**king Edwards at right back you tw*t, f**king earn your 4 year deal or f**king walk, and tell EVANS you want new players in, 3 defenders 2 f**king strikers,

done :D
Last edited by ashfordblue on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ando
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:14 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm
Thought we played pretty well today all things considered, with the right keeper in goal we probably would have won it. Impressed with Huws.
Yep he cost us the win today not even our player f*ck off to Wolves.

Agree Norris at fault again.

Ando
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:17 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm
For f*ck sake get rid of Jackson, has absolutely no class with his game, its built on just running like a f**king headless chicken, he's an absolute waste of space, what's wrong with a SEARS and Norwood link up, Norris f**king miles of his goal line at fault for their goal, f**king get rid, and when they brought on that f**king 37 year old 40 stone afinwanker you just new what their game plane was, did we take heed NO, we let him get a touch on for their goal, and we stand off him, FFS get in there and sort the fat b*stard out, as for our overall game, sorry we aint got a f**king clue, HOOF HOOF HOOf, I f**king hate 3rd division footie, our man of the match Downes, and Woolfie, a message to Lambert, start with a clear out and stop putting f**king Edwards at right back you tw*t, f**king earn your 4 year deal or f**king walk, and tell EVANS you want new players in, 3 defenders 2 f**king strikers,
[/quote
Last edited by Ando on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17917
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Edited. Delete your post when you get a chance Ando.

Try and not bring colours into the posts, Ash.

Ando
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Done

tangfastic
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Ando wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:17 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm
For f*ck sake get rid of Jackson, has absolutely no class with his game, its built on just running like a f**king headless chicken, he's an absolute waste of space, what's wrong with a SEARS and Norwood link up, Norris f**king miles of his goal line at fault for their goal, f**king get rid, and when they brought on that f**king 37 year old 40 stone afinwanker you just new what their game plane was, did we take heed NO, we let him get a touch on for their goal, and we stand off him, FFS get in there and sort the fat b*stard out, as for our overall game, sorry we aint got a f**king clue, HOOF HOOF HOOf, I f**king hate 3rd division footie, our man of the match Downes, and Woolfie, a message to Lambert, start with a clear out and stop putting f**king Edwards at right back you tw*t, f**king earn your 4 year deal or f**king walk, and tell EVANS you want new players in, 3 defenders 2 f**king strikers,
[/quote
I’ve read this three tines ... where’s the reference to ‘black’?

Ando
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:31 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:29 pm
Ando wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:17 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm
For f*ck sake get rid of Jackson, has absolutely no class with his game, its built on just running like a f**king headless chicken, he's an absolute waste of space, what's wrong with a SEARS and Norwood link up, Norris f**king miles of his goal line at fault for their goal, f**king get rid, and when they brought on that f**king 37 year old 40 stone afinwanker you just new what their game plane was, did we take heed NO, we let him get a touch on for their goal, and we stand off him, FFS get in there and sort the fat b*stard out, as for our overall game, sorry we aint got a f**king clue, HOOF HOOF HOOf, I f**king hate 3rd division footie, our man of the match Downes, and Woolfie, a message to Lambert, start with a clear out and stop putting f**king Edwards at right back you tw*t, f**king earn your 4 year deal or f**king walk, and tell EVANS you want new players in, 3 defenders 2 f**king strikers,
[/quote
I’ve read this three tines ... where’s the reference to ‘black’?
It has been edited

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17917
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Original post and subsequent quoted replies were edited.

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Will.f**king.Norris.

Ando
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:42 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 pm
Will.f**king.Norris.
Yep no mans land again. Pretty much controlled the game apart from that error.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Lambert ffs if you can’t see that Holy should be in goal then you really are a useless tw*t!

Post Reply