Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Who is less in form between these two sides?

Wycombe Win
8
35%
Ipswich Win
12
52%
Draw
3
13%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Marco How about that fat 40 stone b*stard at 37 years old, that fat old 40 year old Chambers couldn't handle the git, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 pm

I personally think Lambert has lost the players. They aren’t playing for him (and subsequently the club) like they were. We have been average all season and are as high as we are because of how awful this division is.... but at least we had passion and effort at the start of the season.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2457
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:47 pm

It's better than losing 5-3 to Lincoln! :astroll:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:47 pm

He (Norris) can't possibly be in against Accrington, he's poor, as you say controlled large parts of the game and the stats kinda back that up.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:49 pm

AshfordBlue......, your very last sentence in the swear-a-thon post regarding the players required;
Quote:
“3 defenders, 2 f**king strikers”
End quote.

Does this mean two gay defenders are required?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 pm
I personally think Lambert has lost the players. They aren’t playing for him (and subsequently the club) like they were. We have been average all season and are as high as we are because of how awful this division is.... but at least we had passion and effort at the start of the season.
Lost the players ? wtf, you couldn't be more wrong

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:49 pm
AshfordBlue......, your very last sentence in the swear-a-thon post regarding the players required;
Quote:
“3 defenders, 2 f**king strikers”
End quote.

Does this mean two gay defenders are required?
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:58 pm

They aren’t against him but they clearly aren’t listening to him.

Hands down we have the best squad in the league. I believe lambert is a good manager, however somthing is wrong and there is a disjoint somewhere. Therefore I believe the players aren’t hearing his messages, his guidance isn’t being followed. I don’t believe they want him gone however.... it’s more of an unconscious issue than a conscious one imo.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:02 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 pm
I personally think Lambert has lost the players. They aren’t playing for him (and subsequently the club) like they were. We have been average all season and are as high as we are because of how awful this division is.... but at least we had passion and effort at the start of the season.
I had started to wonder the same in truth, though we are never likely to be privy to what goes on inside the club. HOWEVER, the businessman he is, i would highly doubt that ME would have awarded PL a lucrative new deal without due dilligence. He would have looked at our poor form, concluded on the potential causes. Nobody in their right mind would have extended that contract if there was ANY doubt whatsover. If there is/are potential troublemaker(s)/dissenter(s) within the squad, i expect they will have been told to shape up or be shipped out. Just my views of course. I think this contract award sends a very strong message of support and togetherness, one which hopefully will start to filter through to first team performances.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:03 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:58 pm
They aren’t against him but they clearly aren’t listening to him.

Hands down we have the best squad in the league. I believe lambert is a good manager, however somthing is wrong and there is a disjoint somewhere. Therefore I believe the players aren’t hearing his messages, his guidance isn’t being followed. I don’t believe they want him gone however.... it’s more of an unconscious issue than a conscious one imo.
Aylesbury...... maybe they are listening to him. Scenario:

Luke Chambers : So boss, you want Garby pushing more forward every chance he gets and Skusey providing more cover across in that area?
PL: What? You wanting me to go? Cos I’ll go tomorrow.”
Luke: 🤷‍♂️

Magicmark
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 pm
Thought we played pretty well today all things considered, with the right keeper in goal we probably would have won it. Impressed with Huws.
Agree, thought we played ok,they looked like they were at least trying.Had some shots on target to.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm

BM The game plan changed as soon as that 37 year old Fat Basted came on, did Lambo change his tactics, NO, surely but surely at least one of our defenders can out jump that fat tw*t????? you put one in front one tight up his arse, you do not let an old fat tw*t get the ball, its just basic principles, cant any one of our defenders bloody think, no wonder we cant f*****g win games, FFS let me take over and instil some basic defending sense into our back 4, gee Wizz Lamberts got a lot to learn, new 4 year contract my arse, absolute tosser, Bring in Warnock Now

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:12 pm

You seem to have an issue with “fat”, Ashford AND you’re a Partick fan.
NEVER visit Maryhill. :lol:

Ando
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:12 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm
BM The game plan changed as soon as that 37 year old Fat Basted came on, did Lambo change his tactics, NO, surely but surely at least one of our defenders can out jump that fat tw*t????? you put one in front one tight up his arse, you do not let an old fat tw*t get the ball, its just basic principles, cant any one of our defenders bloody think, no wonder we cant f*****g win games, FFS let me take over and instil some basic defending sense into our back 4, gee Wizz Lamberts got a lot to learn, new 4 year contract my arse, absolute tosser, Bring in Warnock Now
Norris stays on his line it’s no goal. PL can not be held accountable for every decision a player makes. Decisions have to be made on the pitch and Nottis got it wrong again.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm

He can be held accountable for Norris being on the park in the first place though? No?

Ando
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
He can be held accountable for Norris being on the park in the first place though? No?
Yes he can and yes he should be. I am sure holy will be in now.
Last edited by Ando on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Ando wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
He can be held accountable for Norris being on the park in the first place though? No?
Yes he can and yes he should be. I am sure holt will be in now.
Aye, he probably will be, in a meaningless Leasing Cup game v Exeter. 🤦‍♂️

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 pm

I thought we played the better football on the occasions that any football was played. But our defence scares me. Goalkeeper error but we are probably fortunate that Wycombe only managed one shot on target (I think).

Still committing too many fouls, many in dangerous places but all conceding possession and allowing the opposition to regroup.

Huws had a decent first half, Downes was very good too. But in the second half we seemed less involved in midfield somehow.

On a serious aside. I'm not intending to start an argument - I agree with the edits made to the posts above, but:
If it's offensive to call a black player black ( a statement of fact but probably used as an jnsult), isn't it equally offensive to call a fat player fat?

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 pm
On a serious aside. I'm not intending to start an argument - I agree with the edits made to the posts above, but:
If it's offensive to call a black player black ( a statement of fact but probably used as an jnsult), isn't it equally offensive to call a fat player fat?
I guess for one you could argue being fat is a choice or something that could be changed, but skin colour isn't?

In this day and age, whether right or wrong, it's a fact that you should be careful with language. I didn't see the post before edit, but I can't see any need for skin colour to be brought in to it.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Andy, EVERYTHING is offensive nowadays. Absolutely feckin everything. Let’s just thank the sweet mother of Jaysus, (no doubt also offensive) that AshfordBlue didn’t say fat c u n t....... because that’d be taking things to a whole new realm of feckin offensiveness.

I agree though. 🤷‍♂️

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:11 pm
I guess for one you could argue being fat is a choice or something that could be changed, but skin colour isn't?
So glad you said “I guess” because this is indeed a guess. Some people, (I’d argue most people) are fat and medically cannot help it. Very much steeped in a medical family so not speaking out my rectum as normal.

In the Wycombe players case....... get on a diet you fat b*stard.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:37 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm
So glad you said “I guess” because this is indeed a guess. Some people, (I’d argue most people) are fat and medically cannot help it. Very much steeped in a medical family so not speaking out my rectum as normal.

In the Wycombe players case....... get on a diet you fat b*stard.
:lol: I agree inasmuch that I know people that look at a packet of butter and put on 10lbs, there's some definite unfortunate genetic sentences, but I'd also argue that if said person didn't and instead ate a calorie deficit they'd become slimmer!!

I myself currently have some nice winter insulation that I've created purely out of pigs in blankets...

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Ando wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:12 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm
BM The game plan changed as soon as that 37 year old Fat Basted came on, did Lambo change his tactics, NO, surely but surely at least one of our defenders can out jump that fat tw*t????? you put one in front one tight up his arse, you do not let an old fat tw*t get the ball, its just basic principles, cant any one of our defenders bloody think, no wonder we cant f*****g win games, FFS let me take over and instil some basic defending sense into our back 4, gee Wizz Lamberts got a lot to learn, new 4 year contract my arse, absolute tosser, Bring in Warnock Now
Norris stays on his line it’s no goal. PL can not be held accountable for every decision a player makes. Decisions have to be made on the pitch and Nottis got it wrong again.
Yep spot on again Ando, if Lambert selects you at least do your f**king job

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Would posts have been edited if someone had said "white b*stard " or whatever? No I thought not, always a one way thing :wink:

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Would posts have been edited if someone had said "white b*stard " or whatever? No I thought not, always a one way thing :wink:
To be fair though it is a one way thing because racism is a one way thing. There is no history of systematic discrimination and prejudice against white people therefore to point out unnecessarily that someone is white while insulting them is not a racist slur

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Homer Simpson : Mmmmm, pigs in blaaaankets!

Ever heard of the “black” thing also supposedly causing mass offence but it was a positive statement.
College Basketball coach in America during press conference, under pressure as his team were not performing very well:
“Deeefence, isn’t working. Offence aren’t getting it done. Telling you, we’re gonna need more black guys in this team or we’ll be out of contention very soon.”
:lol: I still find it funny.
Everyone in the press-room gasped, shocked.
And....... he was sacked.

But it was a positive. Black guys play basketball better. It’s a fact. What is wrong with voicing that blatant fact?

Anyway....... Ricco....... get on a diet you fat bstd!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21237
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:00 pm

I'm just in a pedantic wind up mood, frustration at not winning again.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17206
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:03 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:39 pm
Ando wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:12 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm
BM The game plan changed as soon as that 37 year old Fat Basted came on, did Lambo change his tactics, NO, surely but surely at least one of our defenders can out jump that fat tw*t????? you put one in front one tight up his arse, you do not let an old fat tw*t get the ball, its just basic principles, cant any one of our defenders bloody think, no wonder we cant f*****g win games, FFS let me take over and instil some basic defending sense into our back 4, gee Wizz Lamberts got a lot to learn, new 4 year contract my arse, absolute tosser, Bring in Warnock Now
Norris stays on his line it’s no goal. PL can not be held accountable for every decision a player makes. Decisions have to be made on the pitch and Nottis got it wrong again.
Yep spot on again Ando, if Lambert selects you at least do your f**king job
With all due respect, press conferences are part of Lamberts job. Maybe Norris saw Paul’s and thought, “oh well, fk it, if he’s no gonnae bother.......”

Just a theory,....... :lol:

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:10 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm
But it was a positive. Black guys play basketball better. It’s a fact. What is wrong with voicing that blatant fact?
It's a weird world, it's OK (I think) to point out the lack of white guys in the 100m final, but do the opposite in reference to the swimming pool and there will be audible gasps. We're all equal, but we're not all the same, the sooner everyone realises that the better.

Having said all that, I'm with Johnyb, there is a difference, and until you're the one that sticks out like a sore thumb, it probably hard to understand.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Andym » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Sorry, sidetracked the thread.

I suppose at this or any level there are few unstoppable goals. Ours was a great goal it if we'd conceded it we would have criticised the defence. Equally there's was poor from our defence and keeper, but had we scored it we would have been commenting on the good finish,.

Can't make my mind up about the game, we played some good stuff at times but (as is often the case) didn't create through the neat passing. I think the strikers get isolated, too far apart, and lack support from midfield. But individually most players performed reasonably well. And we had some good shots blocked or saved. Wycombe missed the best chance of all though so I think a draw was fair. Think I'd be happier watching our play than theirs which has to be a positive.

Onwards and upwards. Just hope at the end of January we still have Downes.

Post Reply