JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 pm

1 million would be good money

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:12 pm

The Everton lad looks ok and is left-sided defender thank goodness.👍

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:57 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:03 pm
Looks like Bart is on his way to Millwall permanently..... at a knock down price from out perspective as usual :roll: !

I think we should hold off until the summer tbh when other Clubs will be in the hunt for him again I suspect .

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ski-switch
I imagine we might still be paying part of his wages. If so, we need factor in that saving against any potential increase in transfer fee in the summer.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm

We won’t get anything like what we should do for him sadly . But as you say we just need to get him off our wages really because you’re right, we will be paying something.

I get the feeling Norris might go back to Wolves too but then we’d hav Ed to bring someone else in for cover wouldn’t we .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Not so, Hallam. Lambert is quoted as saying Holy is like two goalies. If he injures his shoulder, his legs will be enough cover. And if he injures a knee, his top half is more than capable. 7ft of pure talent he said. Can't seem to find the link.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm

:lol: Should be called Spider-Man really shouldn’t he !

Nsiala has completed his Bolton move :

Good luck Toto 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:51 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm
Nsiala has completed his Bolt-on
Does he get unlimited texts and data?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm
:lol: Should be called Spider-Man really shouldn’t he !

Nsiala has completed his Bolton move :

Good luck Toto 👍
Shame when a player gets driven out of a club by mindless fans. OK Toto you may not have been brilliant at ITFC but I’m sure the majority of fans wish you well at BWFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Spot on Andy, the numbskulls should be ashamed of themselves but of course they think they are clever

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:23 am

Everton seem to be hailing this Gibson lad as some kind of "wonderkid" keen to tie him down on a new contract before too long, sounds like he could be a decent loan signing if it happens.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 am

Wonder if it means we are more likely to get Garbutt on permanent terms now ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 am
If we couldn’t afford Bart’s salary what chance of affording Luke Garbutts ?

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 pm

West Ham linked with woolfy

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:53 pm
hallamblue wrote:
I’d say he’s made his money ( a cool £7-8m) and he said himself he’s now looking for a footballing home ( he’s tired of loans). He does appear to like it here and would be under no illusion regarding wages both at this level and hopefully when promoted , at championship level. I think the only thing they may scupper it is if a Championship Club came in for him now . We can but hope we get him 🤞Charny.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 pm
West Ham linked with woolfy
Yes I think the Daily Mail spoke about this .

I think Woolfie and Downes could well leave at some point soon, but I do feel Evans song let them go cheaply and Lvert indicated that if either left it would be got fully money d as if that a proportion of that money would be given to him to reinvest in the squad . I realise there will be a difference of opinion regarding this latter point, but until proven differently, I’d be inclined to believe that PL would get some of that income to strengthen. I’m my view it’s unrealistic to expect Evans not to keep some of it bs k to cover yearly losses.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 pm

If they do go, PL should get it all, every single penny

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 pm
The problem Is, the transfer fee rarely all comes in at once. It's often phased in over a few years.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:59 pm
Ando wrote:
The problem Is, the transfer fee rarely all comes in at once. It's often phased in over a few years.
That can happen but we can do the same to any replacement. Or say money up front or no deal.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:14 pm
Andym wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:59 pm
Ando wrote:
That can happen but we can do the same to any replacement. Or say money up front or no deal.
True. I hadn't thought of that!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:34 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:53 pm
hallamblue wrote:
I’d say he’s made his money ( a cool £7-8m) and he said himself he’s now looking for a footballing home ( he’s tired of loans). He does appear to like it here and would be under no illusion regarding wages both at this level and hopefully when promoted , at championship level. I think the only thing they may scupper it is if a Championship Club came in for him now . We can but hope we get him 🤞Charny.

I’d like to see it Liz, in my opinion he’s a really decent player, I liked him the first time I watched him play at Burton.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 pm

Gibson not available for loan at the moment, that's a blow I'm sure he would have been just what we need.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Why am I underwhelmed ?
Town, Rotherham and the Chicago Fire are reportedly in a battle to sign Preston defender Josh Earl.

According to The Sun on Sunday, the Blues, Millers and Fire are all after the 21-year-old, who recently ended a spell on loan at Bolton.

TWTD understands there is something in the reported Town interest with the Blues discussing a loan deal.

Southport-born Earl came through the youth system at Preston, where he is contracted to 2021, and has made 31 senior starts and six sub appearances for the Lilywhites without scoring.

Earl, who had a spell on loan in non-league with Lancaster City in 2017, joined Bolton on loan in the summer but picked up an ankle injury on the opening day which sidelined him until November.

In total 6ft 4in tall Earl made 10 starts and one sub appearance for the Trotters, initially playing at left-back before latterly moving to centre-half. Bolton manager Keith Hill opted not to renew his loan last week.

It’s well documented that Town are looking to sign another central defender on loan following Toto Nsiala’s loan to, coincidentally, Bolton on Friday and Earl would appear to be top of the Blues' wish list.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Same reason I am, I suppose :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm
Why am I underwhelmed ?
Town, Rotherham and the Chicago Fire are reportedly in a battle to sign Preston defender Josh Earl.

According to The Sun on Sunday, the Blues, Millers and Fire are all after the 21-year-old, who recently ended a spell on loan at Bolton.

TWTD understands there is something in the reported Town interest with the Blues discussing a loan deal.

Southport-born Earl came through the youth system at Preston, where he is contracted to 2021, and has made 31 senior starts and six sub appearances for the Lilywhites without scoring.

Earl, who had a spell on loan in non-league with Lancaster City in 2017, joined Bolton on loan in the summer but picked up an ankle injury on the opening day which sidelined him until November.

In total 6ft 4in tall Earl made 10 starts and one sub appearance for the Trotters, initially playing at left-back before latterly moving to centre-half. Bolton manager Keith Hill opted not to renew his loan last week.

It’s well documented that Town are looking to sign another central defender on loan following Toto Nsiala’s loan to, coincidentally, Bolton on Friday and Earl would appear to be top of the Blues' wish list.
Unless we are going to spend money I’m not sure we are going to get much better.

Apparently a player was being shown round the club yesterday and an announcement due early next week. But then this is likely to happen a lot.

If we are going to keep the 3-5-2 we need cover ASAP from someone who can come straight in if needed. Surely we have a CB lined up if we let Nsiala leave.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Gibson sounds a lot more promising that a guy who isn't wanted by Bolton and who played at Lancaster, I suppose he could turn out to be another Mings.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm
Why am I underwhelmed ?
Were many of us underwhelmed when we signed Wilson, a defender who was unwanted by Lincoln? Granted, i don't get to watch Town play nowadays, but certainly i believe he surprised the majority of fans, albeit if he is a no thrills type of player.
I see it that some players fit certain clubs. Michael Chopra, had a decent scoring record until he joined us, is a good example of not necessarily taking a players reputation (or lack of it) as an endorsement.
Certainly could fit the bill, even if only as cover.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 pm

Yes I was one that was also underwhelmed by Wilson so you are right in what you say but even he had slightly better pedigree but whoever comes in will certainly be given a chance by me.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 pm
Yes I was one that was also underwhelmed by Wilson so you are right in what you say but even he had slightly better pedigree but whoever comes in will certainly be given a chance by me.
I know you will. That is being a genuine fan; nothing wrong with giving your initial opinions and reservations, however, once that player crosses that line wearing an Ipswich shirt, it is about backing them and willing them to fit the bill.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 am

You can’t mention Michael Chopra to Bluemike!! You dodged a bullet there, Azzurro! :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 am
You can’t mention Michael Chopra to Bluemike!! You dodged a bullet there, Azzurro! :lol:
You know me Marko, never one to be controversial! Maybe my New Years resolutions were to try to upset a different person each week lol! :wink: :evil: :lol: