JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:50 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 pm
We started the season15 games unbeaten with Holy in goal for all of them, if we want to be picky he may or may not have made a single error this season, Norris is not our keeper and probably never will be, he has also made several costly errors which would have seen us top of the league, yes he's improved but he bloody well needed to, wrong man in goal all day long for me.
I was just trying to offer a possible reason why Lambert, after that decent start by Holy, lost interest in him. Wish I could remember the game on Sky highlights. Very lethargic and laboured effort to get down to a ball. Fairly certain the match reports also said he could've done better. Not that one mistake gets you dropped but maybe he just wasn't impressed in training. My opinion on seeing Holy highlights from those games; he's good at L1 ITFC, but he'd be found out in an ITFC championship side. But that's just a highlights opinion. You'll know better than me.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:02 am

Watership Down wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:58 pm
From my perspective I don't see us creating a lot of chances at the moment, looking at the shots on goal and attempted shots it doesn't make a hill of beans. If you can't score you will not win games. You cannot defend for 90 minutes and hope to score on a breakaway or a single chance. We are more likely to concede a goal rather than score one. We need to create chances and have a forward who can convert them.
We've conceded less than anyone else in the division

hallamblue
Posts: 25105
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:50 am
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 pm
We started the season15 games unbeaten with Holy in goal for all of them, if we want to be picky he may or may not have made a single error this season, Norris is not our keeper and probably never will be, he has also made several costly errors which would have seen us top of the league, yes he's improved but he bloody well needed to, wrong man in goal all day long for me.
I was just trying to offer a possible reason why Lambert, after that decent start by Holy, lost interest in him. Wish I could remember the game on Sky highlights. Very lethargic and laboured effort to get down to a ball. Fairly certain the match reports also said he could've done better. Not that one mistake gets you dropped but maybe he just wasn't impressed in training. My opinion on seeing Holy highlights from those games; he's good at L1 ITFC, but he'd be found out in an ITFC championship side. But that's just a highlights opinion. You'll know better than me.
I think it might have been the home game vs Rotherham marko. But once again that day, The Millers easily bullied us off the ball all over the park. Holy had played fairly regular up to that game. From then on Norris was in the side.

I agree, something seems very odd that Holy has been essentially dumped. All I can conclude is that , as you suggest, there’s something they see in training day after day that we are not privy too.

hallamblue
Posts: 25105
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:13 pm

So that’s it then. Zilch happening for Town in the window.
Whilst disappointed, Lambert is correct about the qualifier player we could eclectic to attract at this time of year and they certainly would be unlikely to enhance our already bloated, injury prone squad


https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ich-for-us

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:35 pm

We were never gonna spend and let's be honest I don't think any of us are particularly happy with loans. I don't think we need strengthening anywhere other than maybe RB anyway.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:35 pm

That'll change mid Feb to early March when the pitches are almost constantly soft and wet. Adds a few percent of force onto those tackles.

Was quite eye opening that one poster on the TWTD done some research on current League One clubs loans. Not comparing anything at all to ITFC; know full well that Marcus runs things how he does so no amount of moaning will change that, but it is strange to see clubs like Burton, Bolton being able to afford the "rich" players. :lol:

I bet Mevans is exactly like my dad. Asked my dad for a loan of a tenner back in 1987......, he twitched like he was having a stroke then he disappeared upstairs for ages. Heard all sorts of jingling keys, padlocks being opened, drawers opening & closing, returned and handed over a tenner.
So he's not like Mevans. I got the tenner. Lambo is getting FK all! :lol:

I hope you're reading this, Roy "tampon" Keane.

hallamblue
Posts: 25105
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Brighton make a bid for Dobra.., Town have declined ( for now)....


https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... -for-dobra

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3024
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 am

You know Evan’s pisses off his family with that cheap, crispy, I don’t take sh*t from anyone bog roll in the house! Velvet bloody toilet seat covers from India and bog roll from a bus station portable ffs!

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3024
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:14 am

Trust me even though I’ve lived in the states for 30+ years, I still remember that tracing paper in the public loos in Ipswich. I had to massage the paper for fear of lacerating a hemorrhoid! Living in the US has made me soft, but if that means swanky toilet paper I’m happy to be a pussy! :D

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:04 am

Well we still have Downes, Woolfy and Dobra so all is good

tangfastic
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by tangfastic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:35 am

Dobra’s contract is up at the end of the season, but we’ve got the one-year extension option.... and apparently we’re working on a new contract.
It’s a pity we couldn’t get him a decent loan - say, a League 2 club - as he’s not progressing if he can’t get any first team game time. Surprised he hasn’t got some games off the bench. I think he’s got more in him to adapt to lower league football than Dozzell.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am

Holy sh*t, 9..... (no pun intended) .... what the hell age are you? 30 years ago you feared lacerating a haemorrhoid?

Quite appropriate that we’re talking about “sh*t” in the transfer window thread. Keeps the topics neat and tidy.,

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:54 am

I grew up with Izal, they don't know they're born these days lol.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Loving the new Izal slogan....

Image

tangfastic
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by tangfastic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:54 am
I grew up with Izal, they don't know they're born these days lol.
True, but in those days we also had old skool mums who uncomplainingly washed our pants. Izal didn’t really absorb, just redistribute the poop.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:23 pm

LMFAO, this thread needs locking.......

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Blame 9 and him having haemorrhoids ...... at 9! :shock:

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3024
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Blame 9 and him having haemorrhoids ...... at 9! :shock:
They were just beginning to crown at that age. Now I could lasso a calf with them!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:17 pm
Loving the new Izal slogan....

Image
This is the best picture of Will Norris ive seen, total arsewipe

hallamblue
Posts: 25105
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:39 pm

PMSL, I’d laugh if it wasn’t so serious !

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18374
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:14 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Blame 9 and him having haemorrhoids ...... at 9! :shock:
They were just beginning to crown at that age. Now I could lasso a calf with them!
Cowbell? Don’t fear the haemorrhoid?

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3024
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:14 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Blame 9 and him having haemorrhoids ...... at 9! :shock:
They were just beginning to crown at that age. Now I could lasso a calf with them!
Cowbell? Don’t fear the haemorrhoid?
Lmao, more Cowbell!!!

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2349
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:04 am
Well we still have Downes, Woolfy and Dobra so all is good
:D Thank F**K for that BM, BUT for how Long is the question, If sir Bobby was still here they would be part of establishing his next strong league squad, but now its we must sell our assets to survive, so we will never ever make ground into the past squads we had, we keep getting this £100 million deficit debt hanging over our heads by the owner, so I do honestly think its the end of the road as far as top league football in Suffolk getting established :cry: :cry: if going back in years we should never ever have allowed under Sheepshanks the building of the North & South new stands at £40 Million, just kept it like your main old stadium old piccie BM, that was the start of the end as far as our future was concerned as the Debt just grew and grew with no way back, only a new owner with vast money resources just might get us back, but that's just a pipe dream that we all cling to. IF ONLY EHH :wink: :wink:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:57 pm

The sad thing is we are one of about 88 teams in the English leagues that are selling clubs, should we still be in this League next season we will without question lose both of them, I am not sure Championship football would even be enough to keep them here.

Sadly I don't think there is any one reason why we are where we are but more a catalogue of reasons, poor ownership, several poor manager appointments, poor signings, collapse of the TV deal at a crucial time which pushed us into Administration etc etc.

User avatar
barmy billy
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wherever I rest my head

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by barmy billy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:12 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:04 am
Well we still have Downes, Woolfy and Dobra so all is good
:D Thank F**K for that BM, BUT for how Long is the question, If sir Bobby was still here they would be part of establishing his next strong league squad, but now its we must sell our assets to survive, so we will never ever make ground into the past squads we had, we keep getting this £100 million deficit debt hanging over our heads by the owner, so I do honestly think its the end of the road as far as top league football in Suffolk getting established :cry: :cry: if going back in years we should never ever have allowed under Sheepshanks the building of the North & South new stands at £40 Million, just kept it like your main old stadium old piccie BM, that was the start of the end as far as our future was concerned as the Debt just grew and grew with no way back, only a new owner with vast money resources just might get us back, but that's just a pipe dream that we all cling to. IF ONLY EHH :wink: :wink:
Yeah! Nothing can beat standing at the back of Churchmans with a howling wind up you trouser legs and then standing ankle deep in p*ss in the old currugated iron urinal at half-time.

Made men of us it did.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3024
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:18 pm

We are once again seeing the effects of not strengthening during a January transfer window. Is it really that difficult to understand? I’m not saying ME should be blowing millions of quid on transfers, but surely ME should be requiring a comprehensive plan from his back room staff to bring in affordable additions to strengthen the squad? I mean, if the ownership wants promotion there has to be a plan. Sorry I forgot...the 5 point plan...yes, yes, yes. :astroll:

Post Reply