Lambert is bang on with this.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Re: Lambert is bang on with this.....

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 pm
“A legion” John, what’s one of those look like. Is it similar to a wanker ?
As quoted in the Oxford Dictionary
Legion | Definition of Legion at Dictionary.com. legion noun;-
a large group of soldiers who form a part of an army,
a person that achieves more than he is asked, especially in the ancient Roman army.

any more knowledge needed feel free to just ask Andy :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:06 am

Every sport on the planet, whether team sport, or individual have to deal with the press. In team sport, usually its the manager. Part of the job is press conferences. The press do their job and it doesn't matter in the slightest if the questions are twattish. Their job is to get the juicy stories and lets face it, most sports journalists are a bit twatty. There are a few up here who really make my blood boil.
But, (in my humble opinion) it does matter if Lambert answers these twattish questions like a tw@t. Needs to get press conference lessons on how to be cool and to stop reminding the public of what he's achieved. No one gives a flying fk. Only Ipswich Town answers.

And of course........, don't hear questions that don't exist. That's never good.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 am

No Marko, I never use Morrisons for fruit or Veg, but thank you for asking.......

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 am
No Marko, I never use Morrisons for fruit or Veg, but thank you for asking.......
Na mate, it failed. Tried to tell me it also needed two new heater plugs but fk that, they were only replaced about three months ago.
Rip off bstds.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm

I have no idea why you even asked me that Marko, my carpet slippers were nowhere near the toilet in the first place

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Well, no, but I did put a red bread bin into the dishwasher a few weeks ago, completely ruined the red on it. Wife went nuts.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm

That's the bloody trouble when you position a Budgies cage too close to a oscillating fan

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm

I know. 12 quid for 4 "99" ice-cream cones? Maybe Lambo was right......., Flakes are expensive.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm

The thing is I'll go, if that's what everyone wants, I'll go. When I arrived here the place was like a morgue, a few users and terrible atmosphere, it doesnt bother me at all, no one person is bigger than this place. I've been fortunate enough to post all over the world and I've won things but if they want me to go its not a problem

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Yeah well I know exactly where you're coming from but if its only manual bleeders in the attic instead of the proper RV35s, what can you do? Freezing radiators ----> nippy wife -----> pub.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm
The thing is I'll go, if that's what everyone wants, I'll go. When I arrived here the place was like a morgue, a few users and terrible atmosphere, it doesnt bother me at all, no one person is bigger than this place. I've been fortunate enough to post all over the world and I've won things but if they want me to go its not a problem
Could you stick 500 quid behind the bar before you go.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm
Yeah well I know exactly where you're coming from but if its only manual bleeders in the attic instead of the proper RV35s, what can you do? Freezing radiators ----> nippy wife -----> pub.
At least a tub of swafiga will sort her out, but I blame the Russians. I never wanted the new door knocker in the first place!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Well, this just in........, Lambo is indeed full of sh*t. It wasn't chocolate flakes he was talking about. It was Bran Flakes. Hopefully he's got that new Russian striker staying over....., Andrexia twaletto Rollio-inska.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm
Ive had someone say to me, on more than one occasion they would be happy to lose as they hate McCarthy so much, similar with Hurst, admittedly not in Lamberts reign, aside from that there are people who revel in it, can't wait to put the boot in and justify the negativity, it really isn't as obscure aa you all think
I just question whether these people can be categorised as genuine “Town fans” ?
I question whether these people can be categorised as genuinely brain dead, bet they are like little mice at home,

snippet from a Wolf Forum,on the Saints away report.

Quote from SilverstoneWolf
"Fans traumatised. Hundred left stands when 2nd went in (presumably to go and drink. Why do such people bother coming to games? I assume they are all the 'fans' we have gained whilst successful. Pathetic. When 2 down, that's when the TEAM NEEDS YOU!)"

http://the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70890

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 am

Agreed, needs to be 4-0 minimum before the team can go eff itself.

Seriously, said this before, ..... I know guys who “claim” to have been inside Hampden Park when Super Leigh scored that equaliser v Falkirk in the Scottish Cup semi final. (3-3 after being 3-0 down at HT)
“FK YOU, I WAS THERE.......”
“You were just past Harthill heading east on the M8 you fkn nuggetheid.”

Arseholes, Wolfie.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am

There is a mum and her daughter who sit next to me and my boy at home games. Last week they went to the bar at 43 mins and missed the Judge goal, they left at 89 mins and missed Keanes goal. They do this week in week out.... The mum spends 99% of her time on the phone texting.... why the f*ck do they come???

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:56 am

Nics......., you've added a percentage here. An extremely high one. Stop watching her texting and watch the game ffs!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am
There is a mum and her daughter who sit next to me and my boy at home games. Last week they went to the bar at 43 mins and missed the Judge goal, they left at 89 mins and missed Keanes goal. They do this week in week out.... The mum spends 99% of her time on the phone texting.... why the f*ck do they come???
So they can go on social media to state how crap we are.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:46 pm

:D Ah yes of course.....

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am
your like this one Nic.

years ago my bro inlaw and nephews were season ticket holders at Ipswich, one night me and my son were given seats behind the goal by a couple of these nephews, anyway at half time we were 2-0 up and went for a beer, The Town scored early in second half and as we both walked back to our seats near enough the whole section stood up and pointing at us chanted, losers, losers. :lol: :lol:

Great banter and how it should be , still beat yer 2-1 :wink: