Tranmeres Pitch

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:30 pm


User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm

It doesn’t appear to help them much, their home results are worse than ours, but it does of course count as another good reason to get out of this shitty league.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:12 pm

There FA CUP game against Watford tonight has been cancelled due to waterlogged pitch. If the weather between now and Saturday does not improve Town's game will be postponed as well :(

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:24 pm

It's supposed to improve so fingers crossed

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Weather forecast is ok for tomorrow but more rain forecast from lunchtime Thursday for 24hrs to lunchtime Friday. Could be tight call on Saturday morning. What you don’t want is for the game to get called off at lunchtime Saturday.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm

I reckon they called off tonite to give Saturday's game more chance of going ahead , either way a decision needs to be made Friday!!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:05 pm

What you need and what you get are sometimes poles apart.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm
I reckon they called off tonite to give Saturday's game more chance of going ahead , either way a decision needs to be made Friday!!
I think a FA Cup game would take presedent over a League 1 game.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

I see tonight’s game was postponed 6hrs ahead of kick off despite Tranmere saying there would only be the normal pre match inspection 1hr before kick off. It would appear it only took this mornings rain to force the postponement, so 24hrs of run over Thursday & Friday may well be all it takes.

I also read that a match scheduled to be played there last Sunday between Liverpool and Manchester United Women was also postponed due to water logging which suggests a serious ongoing problem.

50/50 chance at best of our game going ahead I think.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm
I reckon they called off tonite to give Saturday's game more chance of going ahead , either way a decision needs to be made Friday!!
I think a FA Cup game would take presedent over a League 1 game.
Especially with the 4th Round only 10 days away.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:01 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm
I reckon they called off tonite to give Saturday's game more chance of going ahead , either way a decision needs to be made Friday!!
I think a FA Cup game would take presedent over a League 1 game.
Yeah true but I was thinking if tonites game was really touch and go with further risk to the pitch they may have admitted defeat in the hope of salvaging saturday. Either way what will be will be I guess

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:59 am


User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:09 am


User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am

Doesn't look great but looking at the forecast for Birkenhead they aren't expecting loads of rain over next 3 days so if its covered and worked on all may not be lost just yet. I really don't like the thought of this being switched to a Tuesday evening! 🙄

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:56 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am
Doesn't look great but looking at the forecast for Birkenhead they aren't expecting loads of rain over next 3 days so if its covered and worked on all may not be lost just yet. I really don't like the thought of this being switched to a Tuesday evening! 🙄
The lads who go every week do not think it has a chance of being on. The wings are literally bog they say and won't dry in time. Tuesday not good for you but just 1/2 hour for me. :wink:

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 am

Will still be going up even if the game is off as staying in Chester from Friday until Monday as it is daughters 30th birthday and have already booked accommodation.
Pi$$ed off as had to miss last nights game as went down with a bug on Monday afternoon and still felt terrible yesterday. Certainly would have taken a point before the game so overall not a bad result especially in those conditions.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:30 am

Given how much rain there’s been in the UK this season it’s no surprise that the grounds of many of the lower league teams are struggling to cope. Match report after match report reads of games wrecked by poor pitches which was the case at two of the three League One games played last night.

We know what it was like at Oxford, and Lincoln City’s pitch last night was described as.....”a pigsty” ..... and they’re playing at home again on Saturday!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:56 am
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 am
Doesn't look great but looking at the forecast for Birkenhead they aren't expecting loads of rain over next 3 days so if its covered and worked on all may not be lost just yet. I really don't like the thought of this being switched to a Tuesday evening! 🙄
The lads who go every week do not think it has a chance of being on. The wings are literally bog they say and won't dry in time. Tuesday not good for you but just 1/2 hour for me. :wink:
I will still go if it's on a Tuesday as long as I can get the bloody time off, there may even be the odd Saturday free with any luck.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2 ... DA.twitter

Club statement about the pitch here. Obviously will have to wait and see what happens in regards to the game on Saturday.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Very informative but doesn’t inspire much confidence in the event of any further rain.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 pm
Very informative but doesn’t inspire much confidence in the event of any further rain.
With heavy rain forecast for tomorrow I would be surprised if the game is on.
As the football was just one part of things we have planned for the weekend will still go and if the game is on that will be a bonus.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Chester is such a lovely City watching a crap game played in 6” of mud could spoil a good weekend.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm
Chester is such a lovely City watching a crap game played in 6” of mud could spoil a good weekend.
Not so lovely these days Charney. A lot of the high street shops have closed and the homeless live in the door ways. :(

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 am
Will still be going up even if the game is off as staying in Chester from Friday until Monday as it is daughters 30th birthday and have already booked accommodation.
Pi$$ed off as had to miss last nights game as went down with a bug on Monday afternoon and still felt terrible yesterday. Certainly would have taken a point before the game so overall not a bad result especially in those conditions.
Where you staying Shed?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21498
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm
Chester is such a lovely City watching a crap game played in 6” of mud could spoil a good weekend.
Not so lovely these days Charney. A lot of the high street shops have closed and the homeless live in the door ways. :(
Get yourself a bloody tent then :lol: :wink:

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:25 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 am
Will still be going up even if the game is off as staying in Chester from Friday until Monday as it is daughters 30th birthday and have already booked accommodation.
Pi$$ed off as had to miss last nights game as went down with a bug on Monday afternoon and still felt terrible yesterday. Certainly would have taken a point before the game so overall not a bad result especially in those conditions.
Where you staying Shed?
Bawn Lodge, Hoole Road.
You’re probably going to tell me that it is known as the local doss house! :lol:

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:25 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 am
Will still be going up even if the game is off as staying in Chester from Friday until Monday as it is daughters 30th birthday and have already booked accommodation.
Pi$$ed off as had to miss last nights game as went down with a bug on Monday afternoon and still felt terrible yesterday. Certainly would have taken a point before the game so overall not a bad result especially in those conditions.
Where you staying Shed?
Bawn Lodge, Hoole Road.
You’re probably going to tell me that it is known as the local doss house! :lol:
Certainly not its very nice. If the match is off do you fancy a pint?

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 3205
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm
Chester is such a lovely City watching a crap game played in 6” of mud could spoil a good weekend.
Not so lovely these days Charney. A lot of the high street shops have closed and the homeless live in the door ways. :(
Get yourself a bloody tent then :lol: :wink:
Or a dog they all seem to have dogs.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm


Not so lovely these days Charney. A lot of the high street shops have closed and the homeless live in the door ways. :(
Get yourself a bloody tent then :lol: :wink:
Or a dog they all seem to have dogs.

I was only saying the same yesterday here in Spain, although to be fair, here they all seem to disappear at night time. Probably in a bar somewhere spending the money they’ve earned begging in the day time.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12397
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:01 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm
Chester is such a lovely City watching a crap game played in 6” of mud could spoil a good weekend.
Not so lovely these days Charney. A lot of the high street shops have closed and the homeless live in the door ways. :(

Blimey it seems a problem everywhere. I’ve only been to Chester once and even then only stayed a couple of nights at a lovely hotel in the centre of the city. I think was call The Grosvenor or something very similar. Whatever it was called it was very nice.

Post Reply