Oxford United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Back up the Accrington result?

Oxford Win
27%
Ipswich Win
18%
Draw
55%

Total votes: 11

Tangfastic

Re: Oxford United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:08 am

I find it amazing the ref would admit we should have had a penalty, but didn’t give it because of Norwoods prior foul. It’s like admitting to two mistakes.
There was definitely grappling going on, but I thought Norwood, at the time, went down a bit too easy and/or maybe Norwoods got himself a reputation now where the ref’s not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. We’ve had weaker penalties given against us. If a defender starts putting hands over and around an attacker in the box then he’s asking the ref to make a decision. Some refs would’ve given it.

Under the circumstances, not a bad performance and result. Terrible conditions to play football.... I thought the team did well and more positives than negatives in what was a poor game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 am

Agree Tang, he basically cheated for me by failing to award them a free kick and so evened it up with a cop out, that is cheating all day long and whether the first foul was against us or not is irrelevant, we are going into dangerous ground with refs doing that kind of crap.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pm

The standard of refereeing in this league is shocking, what the f*ck must it be like in League Two.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 am
Agree Tang, he basically cheated for me by failing to award them a free kick and so evened it up with a cop out, that is cheating all day long and whether the first foul was against us or not is irrelevant, we are going into dangerous ground with refs doing that kind of crap.
Thing is, the ref would have made that decision in a micro second of the game - almost reactionary to the two r TNT’s which happened within seconds of each other, do not sure he’d have done it with a cheating intent, if you get BBC what I mean .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:03 pm

I pay per match £10. You could get a season pass. Go on Town website and see if you can get it in Spain.
What’s the reception like on ifollow Derick?
To be fair it's got more to do with how good your wifi is.
Only just seen this , sorry !

I’ve got virgin media so WiFi ok .... reception was good. Didn’t stop the bloody rain though !