Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

3rd plays 4th

Town Win
6
29%
Posh Win
7
33%
Draw
8
38%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:00 pm

Caption 1: Look at AylesburyBlues captions. f**king hilarious.

Caption 2: Hey Fergie, guess what she does next with the bottle.....

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:29 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:35 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 pm
Dubai? :lol: Sometimes I can’t figure out if you’re on the wind up.
You wouldn’t bet against the club picking up 15 of 18 points near seasons end? That’s just pure wow.
If you are willing to bet FOR that happening, I’ll take that bet. Don’t like betting against ITFC and have hand on heart, never done it, but combined Rothers and Posh highlights suggest cluelessness! So, if you want a wee wager, let me know.

Is there a lambert post match interview? Would love to see that.
Marko, I prefer to see the world positively and look at the longer picture where possible. Honestly I don't bet and I guess it would be hard to get you your winnings :D But if you want a cash-free bet for honour alone then I'll take it. Those last 6 games are:

Southend H
Bolton H
Shrewsbury A
Rochdale H
Doncaster A
MK Dons H

Only 1 condition though, that after the Pompey game immediately before these, we are still within 6 points of a play off place :wink:
EXCELLENT idea, Dubai. Like I said, never wagered on ITFC before and do not want to do it. But a bet for honour is a good shout. And who knows, things might be clicking up to and including that Portsmouth game and we both may be doing some positive predicting. (To quote Gibb from "The Sure Thing") "I doubt it, but we might!" :lol:

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm
This is not the first time Mach had attacked G&B on this forum.

G&B has been a long valued friend and contributor on this forum .

I’m not sure how much abuse is tolerated on here before action is taken against the offenders.

Perhaps Moderators will finally make some lasting decisions instead of slaps on wrists or as often seems to happen on here, nothing at all.
You're the last person on this planet to make comments like that. You're a full of hypocrisy given your conduct on this forum.
Lol says you ! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 pm

I don't know how many forums people on here frequent? I'm a regular on 4 and this place in general is moderated on a par with every other forum I've been on. Simply because the masses know its not a playground. It's flooded with differing opinions, strong opinions and its adult opinions. And the saying is. "Opinion is the lowest form of knowledge"......, which means there's going to be heated discussions.

Moderators do well to sit back and let it flow otherwise people become scared to talk. I'd like to think that this forum allows heated discussions to be thrashed out without the need for warnings because what would then be the point of it all?

When it descends into name calling and racism and "C" words and ginger hair, fat b*stard stuff; then perhaps it needs reigned in a bit. Although fat ginger c8nts sometimes are annoying. I live in Scotland. I know this to be true.

Anyway, the 50 year old insufferable pr!ck of a predominantly Hibernian supporter (but followed Ipswich for 40) has spoken. And I honestly do not know why Frosty asked me to be a mod......., I yearn to argue with each and every one of you absolute bellends every single day.

Joking :D

No I'm fking not.

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:55 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:21 pm
Come on.... a bit of perspective. Take away Mach’s first comment about GNB, Mach made a decent post and some good points.
Oh, that’s alright then is it Tang??

So let me understand your point here if I may.

It’s ok to insult, abuse and attack someone on here, “providing you make some good points” ...... in whose opinion is that ? Yours? There’s?

Ok, great. Glad we have got the ground rules sorted now. If that’s the way the forum is to go I’ll remember that in future and respond to them in the same no holds barred, f*ck em attitude, that they ALWAYS display on this forum 👍

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:59 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 pm
I don't know how many forums people on here frequent? I'm a regular on 4 and this place in general is moderated on a par with every other forum I've been on. Simply because the masses know its not a playground. It's flooded with differing opinions, strong opinions and its adult opinions. And the saying is. "Opinion is the lowest form of knowledge"......, which means there's going to be heated discussions.

Moderators do well to sit back and let it flow otherwise people become scared to talk. I'd like to think that this forum allows heated discussions to be thrashed out without the need for warnings because what would then be the point of it all?

When it descends into name calling and racism and "C" words and ginger hair, fat b*stard stuff; then perhaps it needs reigned in a bit. Although fat ginger c8nts sometimes are annoying. I live in Scotland. I know this to be true.

Anyway, the 50 year old insufferable pr!ck of a predominantly Hibernian supporter (but followed Ipswich for 40) has spoken. And I honestly do not know why Frosty asked me to be a mod......., I yearn to argue with each and every one of you absolute bellends every single day.

Joking :D

No I'm fking not.

It’s ok marko, I think a few of us on here have now got to grips with the no holds barred approach to posting . I’m sure we shall respond in kind going forwards as it’s crystal clear you can say pretty much what you like. 👍

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:06 am

It is actually ok to type out, "I think you're full of sh*t saying this" in response to someones view on ITFC. Calling someone an insufferable pr*ck is not ok. Thats my point. It's not a hold hands and skip along forum and if it's meant to be then i resign! :lol:

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 am

Thank you Marko, well said.

No, it's not a free for all, say what you want forum.

Things will always get a bit heated, particularly when things are not going well for the club.

I don't see the need to 'vet' every single post to make sure it's 'warm & fuzzy', however threads will be locked if they go off topic of football or the subject matter of a thread.

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:32 am

Well you might! this is my last season and I was hoping to leave with a bang not a bloody whimper again.
Hey Bluejacko, couldn't help but notice your post, you ok mate?

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:39 am

Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 am
Thank you Marko, well said.

No, it's not a free for all, say what you want forum.

Things will always get a bit heated, particularly when things are not going well for the club.

I don't see the need to 'vet' every single post to make sure it's 'warm & fuzzy', however threads will be locked if they go off topic of football or the subject matter of a thread.

So what part of this is not a personal attack on an individual or abuse??

Polish Mach
“ Why are you such insufferable p***k? Why do you do things like that?

Your team sits comfortably at the top half of Premier League so it's easy to dish out some stupid advices to the others isn't it?

You've been coming on here for years to yap about our club, yes.... OUR CLUB and it has got sod all to do with you.”


So if you’re saying posts like this are acceptable , fine , bring it on. But I’m sick of being pm’d and asked not to respond to the abuse levied at me, because moderators will sort it out . Nothing is done. The same individuals repeat this time and time again and NOTHING is done . However if I “ respond” to this type of post IM accused of being the instigator of all that is bad in this forum !!! I’ve taken personal abuse on here by three individuals which had been allowed to remain on the forum. NOTHING is said to those individuals, which gives them the green light to continue - and so they do.

So Moderators, if this is the forum norm , you must allow ALL posters the right to reply in the same manner as the original abuser.

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:24 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:39 am
Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 am
Thank you Marko, well said.

No, it's not a free for all, say what you want forum.

Things will always get a bit heated, particularly when things are not going well for the club.

I don't see the need to 'vet' every single post to make sure it's 'warm & fuzzy', however threads will be locked if they go off topic of football or the subject matter of a thread.

So what part of this is not a personal attack on an individual or abuse??

Polish Mach
“ Why are you such insufferable p***k? Why do you do things like that?

Your team sits comfortably at the top half of Premier League so it's easy to dish out some stupid advices to the others isn't it?

You've been coming on here for years to yap about our club, yes.... OUR CLUB and it has got sod all to do with you.”


So if you’re saying posts like this are acceptable , fine , bring it on. But I’m sick of being pm’d and asked not to respond to the abuse levied at me, because moderators will sort it out . Nothing is done. The same individuals repeat this time and time again and NOTHING is done . However if I “ respond” to this type of post IM accused of being the instigator of all that is bad in this forum !!! I’ve taken personal abuse on here by three individuals which had been allowed to remain on the forum. NOTHING is said to those individuals, which gives them the green light to continue - and so they do.

So Moderators, if this is the forum norm , you must allow ALL posters the right to reply in the same manner as the original abuser.
I’ll test it out......

Post edited by Frosty

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Ipswich Town vs Peterborough United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am

Guess what, the thread is now locked.

Thank you to everyone that contributed absolutely nothing to the thread.

There are some very skilled trolls that seem to take great delight in ruining this place so everyone feels comfortable posting.

I personally am getting to a point where I dread logging in some days.

Locked